F10 interior lights to LED

glntan

Had anybody changed their OEM lights to white LED. If yes, please let me know how you do it for the front reading lights.

Re: F10 interior lights to LED

glntan;638028 said:
Had anybody changed their OEM lights to white LED. If yes, please let me know how you do it for the front reading lights.

Yes I have changed all the interior bulbs to white LED. Normal LEDs will work for the F10, don't need to get those error-cancelling type.

There are 2 metal clips in the front (nearer to the windscreen) that hold the console in place, use a trim removal tool or something flat but stiff to push in these 2 clips and the whole console can be popped out easily. Once the console is removed, you will be access all 3 bulbs.

Check this thread for the location of the 2 clips i mentioned above:
DIY: Installing Interior LED Bulbs - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Although this is for E90 but the location of the clips are the same for the F10. You don't have to remove the headliner, just locate the 2 metal clips and use a flat tool to push them in.

Hope this helps.

skip;640611 said:
Yes I have changed all the interior bulbs to white LED. Normal LEDs will work for the F10, don't need to get those error-cancelling type.

There are 2 metal clips in the front (nearer to the windscreen) that hold the console in place, use a trim removal tool or something flat but stiff to push in these 2 clips and the whole console can be popped out easily. Once the console is removed, you will be access all 3 bulbs.

Although this is for E90 but the location of the clips are the same for the F10. You don't have to remove the headliner, just locate the 2 metal clips and use a flat tool to push them in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. Will give it a try when I get home tonight.

skip;640611 said:

Hope this helps.

Hi Skip,

Will this apply to F01 as well?

I am also looking for the snap in adapter for my iphone4 connection as i have this option (quite a mouthful (extended connection of the mobile phone music player)

Thanks

notti imp;644485 said:
Hi Skip,

Will this apply to F01 as well?

I am also looking for the snap in adapter for my iphone4 connection as i have this option (quite a mouthful (extended connection of the mobile phone music player)

Thanks

Hi,

I am not familiar with the F01, but I believe it should be similar.

As for the snap-in adapter have you checked with PML? Else you can also check with Eng Soon or Goldenlink to see if they stock them. My F10 also came with the snap-in adapter option, but I am using the USB Y-cable instead as I thought the snap-in thing would be quite cumbersome. The USB cable charges the iPhone and allows you to play songs from the iPhone using iDrive.

Hope this helps.

Will PML void the car warranty because of changing the lights to LED as it involve the electrical components?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back