F10 melting door handles

Mransellee

Hi guys, I know this is a popular topic but I read all over also can't find the best advice.

1) If I buy a new door handle and install it, has BMW improved on the material type such that it won't melt again?

2) Is there an aftermarket low cost solution? My interior is beige colour....

Please help.... it looks so irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a1094cb7da12ba604d10220792785adf.jpg

7f65c95bbc1fc06e93b859516aa65cc3.jpg

The above is already something the dealer tried to touch up with clay and respray before handing me the car....

At the beginning, look ok... but after 1 month it looks bad already.

My E90 had the same issue. It became an issue after 6-7 yrs? If buy a new part then probably last till end of COE. If you don't intend to extend COE then just replace?

You can used paracord to wrap , quite nice or you can buy those badminton handle wrap it work well also .

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I buy a new interior door pull.... will it melt again?

The reason I ask is because when I was driving my Lexus and my dad had a Camry.... the dashboard also melted and become super sticky under the sun. But Borneo Motors replaced it with a part that looked exactly the same but no longer melted or become sticky.....

Did BMW make this improvement? Or still same?

I thought that I was the only one. I suspect that it had something to do with the chemicals used by the detailer.

My workshop told me it's a common problem for Lexus and bmw. Anyway... even if it can only last 3 years. It's still quite worthwhile to change

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The used car dealers all very smart.... the sales person told me last time they bought new piece to refurbish the cars.... but they don't do that anymore. They want to save $$$

Nowadays, they just remove it and put some clay like material... and then they respray it. They even respray the leather seats with leather paint!

I saw how they "fixed" my used car before I picked it up. Looks good on Day 1..... but after 1 month all peeling off again.

Dealers wanna make a quick buck. Sell to you Liao, they don't care anymore.

By the way... for Lexus dashboard, yes it's a common problem but they "re designed" the material. Mine is no longer melted or sticky after replacement.

That's the reason I ask if any bros have same issue after replacement.

hi. i replaced mine 2 years ago. so far OK. i suspect, some of the things we apply on our hand, like moisturizer may accelerate the 'melting'?

Ok.... I'm going to buy a new piece to replace mine...

And then take the old piece and find a leather company to "wrap" it...

Then I will have a low cost good solution for all of us!

Muahahaha!

[emoji106]... let me know, i have four pieces in my store [emoji23]

does anyone know where can i get auto lock key battery replaced? I tried to open and see what type of battery but cant seem to find a way to open it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub66
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back