F10 - Problems ??

Re: F10 - Problems ??

Thanks that should explain...n it does not help that i am on 19" rims...with a sunroof...coupe is heavier...

MYSTIC;608713 said:
please kindly list if you had any similar or problems with the F10 ...

I start....

1. Auto boot - cannot open or also opens when doors are unlocked
2. a perceptible "clunk" (like the M3 SMG gear changes) when kicked down
3. Wheel gap (ride height) on left side higher than right sider by approx 15mm on stock suspension.

seems like a LHD problem? to compensate for driver weight..

dardu;629221 said:
3. Wheel gap (ride height) on left side higher than right sider by approx 15mm on stock suspension.
Take a ruler to PML showroom & u will be enlighten:boring::boring:

1. BMW logo on steering wheel defect. Oxidized spots.
2. Access control on right passenger side faulty. Can unlock but can't lock.

Both problems fixed under PML warranty. Replaced new airbag cover for the logo. Have to wait for another 2 weeks for the access control module to come in from Germany.

Brought the car in ... 2 weeks back

some senior mechanic .... said "oh its normal ....."

I asked ...What level should the water be after filling and driving around after 3 days ..... he pretend to be busy attending to another car .... "

PML changed the water pump .... monitored it for 7 days.... brought the car back and show to SA .... and had to fill up 3/4 of a big Pepsi bottle !!

SA keep saying "there is a bleeder so water is escaping in case of overfilling .... " what a load of bull.....

I told them to change the whole appartus ..... SA not happy been told what to do ...

if not .... I am going up the next level .....

they finally changed the entire plastic bottle ..... and presto .... after driving this weekend ....water level is still full !!!

:juggle:

7km/l to 7.5km/l for n52K engines is normal for the E60 /F10 for city driving. Getting 9.2km/l on a new ar with city driving seems too good. Perhaps te injector value tuning in menu 19 is not correct. THe best way should be to measure the fuel during fill up and divide that by the actual milage on the odometer to confirm the computer value. THe computer value can be modified by the secret menu.

MYSTIC;629937 said:
Brought the car in ... 2 weeks back

some senior mechanic .... said "oh its normal ....."

I asked ...What level should the water be after filling and driving around after 3 days ..... he pretend to be busy attending to another car .... "

PML changed the water pump .... monitored it for 7 days.... brought the car back and show to SA .... and had to fill up 3/4 of a big Pepsi bottle !!

SA keep saying "there is a bleeder so water is escaping in case of overfilling .... " what a load of bull.....

I told them to change the whole appartus ..... SA not happy been told what to do ...

if not .... I am going up the next level .....

they finally changed the entire plastic bottle ..... and presto .... after driving this weekend ....water level is still full !!!

:juggle:

My windscreen washer fluid seems to be also "disappearing"...filled till full and parked overnight; checked newspapers placed below car but no spotting or signs of any leak.....drove on for 1 day....and found that water seemed to have "disappeared" again...had to fill up 3/4 litre of water....where the hell is the water going to??...additional secret cooling system for engine?? haha..so looks like have to change-out entire system like mystic...

Yes - go and ask for the SA Sani ....

Tell him you have the same problem (water missing) like the guy in the dark blue F10.

Hi Mystic,

Have you gotten this fix? I had the same problem whereby my boot cannot open when i press the button near the license plate but pressing the button on my remote works. And only one of the two buttons on my rear boot / tailgate to close the boot works.

I do get the clunk sound as well when my gear changes.

Cheers.

MYSTIC;608713 said:
please kindly list if you had any similar or problems with the F10 ...

I start....

1. Auto boot - cannot open or also opens when doors are unlocked
2. a perceptible "clunk" (like the M3 SMG gear changes) when kicked down

heerajs;611992 said:
I seem to have this problem where sometimes, after driving through a puddle of water or driving in the rain, if i were to press on the brakes, the car would vibrate for a minute or so as if the brakes were still gripping. Sent the car in to PML to rectify before but they found no problem.

However, when I sent it in , i didn't mention to them that it happens whenever i drive through a puddle of water or drive in the rain.

WIll have to send the car in again to get the problem rectified.

Sort of remembered something about a feature where the brakes are trying to dry itself ...... not sure about this though.....

Red_Bean_Bun;636505 said:
Sort of remembered something about a feature where the brakes are trying to dry itself ...... not sure about this though.....

Oh thats interesting bro. Didnt know about this feature. I recently sent my car in to PML to diagnose the problem but they couldn't find a problem with the brakes.

Hi Mystic,
\
\Can you share what exactly they change for the leaking wiper problem ? I thought this is normal after chance upon this ..Thanks for yr help ...

my 1yr old 523i jerk slightly every time I step on the brake and came to a stop. Anyone encounter the same?

My experience with VW and even Nissan does not have this problem. :thinking::shakehea:

I think there is a batch problem on the F10 523i Radio reception.
If you listen closely you be able to notice there is a problem when the car is moving.

Yes i notice that I am facing the same problem with my F10. Noticed it since the last few days as I normally dont listen to the radio but just happened to listen to it during the last few days.

Seems that the radio issue is more prevalent.

Anyone who has that issue can pm me with your details and if i get sufficient support, will write to PML and BMW Asia.

Waste time talking to BMW Asia they will refer you back to PML. Reason given they do not have any workshop that will help you and PML is the authorised agent. For PML, another waste time cos they will tell you no problem despite sending your car in many times....l think they feel that we are very free. Sometimes l wonder whether they understand the pain and trouble we are going through.

qus;667702 said:
Seems that the radio issue is more prevalent.

Anyone who has that issue can pm me with your details and if i get sufficient support, will write to PML and BMW Asia.

Maybe you can start a thread about the radio batch problem and see how many bro stand up againt them. I paid 230K and I dun enjoy the ride at all when on the road.
Its just irritating when I turn on the radio. :furious:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy8584

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back