F10 - Problems ??

Re: F10 - Problems ??

When I step lightly on the accelerator between 30-40km/h, I hear a high pitch whine. Very interesting, only between 30-40km/h, when engine temp is between 100-120C (normal operating condition). When engine is cold no sound. Also doesn't matter if aircon on or not. If aircon is off you can hear it even better. Sent to PML they said will get a hearing device to check in 2 weeks time. Anyone experience this? There's no problem driving but it's freaking irritating.

whine sounds like rear differential i had

yes, got my replaced under warranty. mine was the e90 320i though.

detach8;814044 said:
yes, got my replaced under warranty. mine was the e90 320i though.

I wonder why they still want to do a hearing test ... just get the diff replaced swee swee and I don't have to keep driving down. Mine only happens 30-40kmh, doesn't matter which gear etc... so now make another appointment for next next week. *SIgh*

scallion;813997 said:
When I step lightly on the accelerator between 30-40km/h, I hear a high pitch whine. Very interesting, only between 30-40km/h, when engine temp is between 100-120C (normal operating condition). When engine is cold no sound. Also doesn't matter if aircon on or not. If aircon is off you can hear it even better. Sent to PML they said will get a hearing device to check in 2 weeks time. Anyone experience this? There's no problem driving but it's freaking irritating.

I only have this wooooo sound during reverse. Initially I tot that there's ghost in my car. I'll check with PML when I go for my next servicing.

Seventh month not here yet leh....

pReTeNd3r;814069 said:
I only have this wooooo sound during reverse. Initially I tot that there's ghost in my car. I'll check with PML when I go for my next servicing.

They will bill you for extra parts - "ghost".

pReTeNd3r;814069 said:

I also have that after reprogramming .... knn... sibeh TL......

MW;814072 said:
Seventh month not here yet leh....

Maybe already permanent resident inside my car as F10 rocks. :D

MapleLeaf;814074 said:
They will bill you for extra parts - "ghost".

Maybe they'll give me extra goodies. Lol

scallion;814077 said:
I also have that after reprogramming .... knn... sibeh TL......

Did you went back again?

pReTeNd3r;814069 said:

sent in my f10 for servicing. told them about the jerk i feel during gear change at low speeds. PML told me that car needed updating on software. After i get back the car i dont feel so much of jerkiness but i do get the "woooooo" sound during reverse. so i guess it's normal? :woowooo:

Alex Lee;814316 said:
sent in my f10 for servicing. told them about the jerk i feel during gear change at low speeds. PML told me that car needed updating on software. After i get back the car i dont feel so much of jerkiness but i do get the "woooooo" sound during reverse. so i guess it's normal? :woowooo:

Bro .. can you try and step lightly on the accelerator between 30-40 kmh and see if got whining noise? I got the woowoo after reprogramming also, plus the whine between 30-40 ... I am taking both issues up with PML as these are unusual..

scallion;814319 said:
Bro .. can you try and step lightly on the accelerator between 30-40 kmh and see if got whining noise? I got the woowoo after reprogramming also, plus the whine between 30-40 ... I am taking both issues up with PML as these are unusual..

Keep us update after you sent pls. Tkz. ;)

scallion;814319 said:

currently my F10 is in pml.. things start breaking down after 1 year. headlights blow, day time running light blow, parking headlight module spoil.. luckily still under warranty if not there goes my pocket. Will be able to collect it tmr. Will keep you updated. cheers! :woowooo:

Alex Lee;815089 said:
currently my F10 is in pml.. things start breaking down after 1 year. headlights blow, day time running light blow, parking headlight module spoil.. luckily still under warranty if not there goes my pocket. Will be able to collect it tmr. Will keep you updated. cheers! :woowooo:

My wiper sensor was erratic ... light rain and it swipes like mad..... PML did a reinitialization and now its back to normal .... They are arranging for a loaner car and will put a listening device to troubleshoot the whining noise..

pReTeNd3r;814573 said:
Keep us update after you sent pls. Tkz. ;)

got back my car today and nope, no whining sound at 30-40km/h. should send your car to get it checked bro

Alex Lee;815719 said:
got back my car today and nope, no whining sound at 30-40km/h. should send your car to get it checked bro

Bro ... is the woo-woo still in your car??:evil::evil:

Alex Lee;814316 said:

Wow. Fix something but break another thing? What kind of software update is this? Is it worth updating then?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back