F13 640i Boosted-JB3 report

Re: F13 640i Boosted-JB3 report

SAMLAMBO;838375 said:
From what I understand from Nic at Boss, the pi cars needed to do a firmware update in order to avoid the error codes.

Aiyo...bro samlambo... my previous ride a 2011 E93 335i on N55 engine is indeed a PI car... but guess what... Nic told me no problem Sir! confirmed no error codes blah blah blah...all the sales pitch talk etc etc... in the end also kenna...

If you check out burger tuning website, they recommend the JB3 for N55 on E series and F series specifically the F10 535... nothing mentioned about F12 or F13. Nic told me to try lor... should able to fit on my new F12 which i didnt do in the end...

Anyway I seriously dont think there is any difference in firmware issues with regards to PI or PML cars. My PI car if not sold to me in Singapore will be sold to some English bloke in London. I do not believe that a BMW car meant for the UK market is gg to be inferior to one sold by PML. In fact, PML should seriously update the iDrive capability of the local cars here!

Again my 2 cents...

SAMLAMBO;837930 said:
Engine-N55 (Twin scroll Turbo)
ECU Piggybag-JB3 from Boss Motorsports

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been contemplating over which piggybag to go with. After doing a lot of research, reading up in various forums and asking around, I decided to settle with the juicebox3.
I dropped by to Boss Motorsports today to clear my doubts and Nic was not just helpful but very informative to my queries. They had the jb3 installed and I was expecting decent power gains but HELL NO!, it was worlds apart, I am telling you guys, I was blown away with the way the car performed. It was a total different animal, it was MUCH MORE than what I expected. Nic mentioned that I should see a good 30-40hp and 40-50nm gains on the dyno but I have not finished running my car in yet, currently at around 700kms and will dyno after running in. However the pull starts from around 2200 revs all the way up. I was not even on full throttle as I am still taking it easy on the block which is why I resisted pushing it beyond 5000 revs. Between 3000-5000 revs, the before and after feeling is a big difference. The power delivery is still as smooth but at the same time feels never ending. Throttle response has also improved. How do I explain it, it's like a punch in the back when you floor it, well to 5000 revs for now.

I messaged Nic that this does not feel good, it feels F*****G good! No hassles in installation, took about 20-30 mins to cool down engine and about 20 mins to install it. No cutting, no welding, just plug and play!
I have seen other piggybags with wiring harnesses that go on for miles but the jb3 software is very few wires, simple, easy to install, COST effective, no error codes and feels easily more than what they claim to produce in power.
I don't have anything to do with Boss Motorsports, Juicebox whatsoever, just want to share with you'll my experience today as I am still excited and looking forward to my next drive,

Thank you Boss Motorsports! :dance:

thanks bro samlambo for the great review, :thumbsup:
let us know in the upcoming weeks and after you run in, how it goes

SAMLAMBO;838315 said:
yes but it is not for the F13 which he is 100% sure. I checked twice with him yesterday.
you want to buy for your bros some brakes? :)

Samlambo as for the brakes is my personal opinion. No offence

omshks;838419 said:
Aiyo...bro samlambo... my previous ride a 2011 E93 335i on N55 engine is indeed a PI car... but guess what... Nic told me no problem Sir! confirmed no error codes blah blah blah...all the sales pitch talk etc etc... in the end also kenna...

If you check out burger tuning website, they recommend the JB3 for N55 on E series and F series specifically the F10 535... nothing mentioned about F12 or F13. Nic told me to try lor... should able to fit on my new F12 which i didnt do in the end...

Anyway I seriously dont think there is any difference in firmware issues with regards to PI or PML cars. My PI car if not sold to me in Singapore will be sold to some English bloke in London. I do not believe that a BMW car meant for the UK market is gg to be inferior to one sold by PML. In fact, PML should seriously update the iDrive capability of the local cars here!

Again my 2 cents...

My dear bro, in that case, I shall keep my fingers crossed. Driven about 200 kms since yesterday, trying hard to run it in so I can floor it to see how it feels above 5000 revs. Knock on wood, no errors whatsoever so far.

darevo;838446 said:
thanks bro samlambo for the great review, :thumbsup:
let us know in the upcoming weeks and after you run in, how it goes

Yes sir, will keep you'll updated. Driven 200kms since installing the box, so far so good.

kimi0404;838673 said:
Samlambo as for the brakes is my personal opinion. No offence

Please don't say sorry, no offense taken. We are all here to learn and enjoy. :shakemyb:

Bros is the F10 N55 exactly the same engine in the F13 640i?

I'm also camping here :) Although I'm getting my Swiss Chocolate Chip Cookie (when it arrives) and I'm getting the car Dyno'ed (I've clocked > 2000km now, woo hoo) before & after the chip, I'm still open to consider other options - like Bro Samlambo's JB3, if his Dyno results are like far far superior to that of the Swiss Chiptech thingee..

So, we're all to learn, share & poison each other hahahahah

wobbles;838706 said:
I'm also camping here :) Although I'm getting my Swiss Chocolate Chip Cookie (when it arrives) and I'm getting the car Dyno'ed (I've clocked > 2000km now, woo hoo) before & after the chip, I'm still open to consider other options - like Bro Samlambo's JB3, if his Dyno results are like far far superior to that of the Swiss Chiptech thingee..

Just waiting for BOSS Motorsports to bring in the downpipes, than will do a dyno.

SAMLAMBO;838684 said:
Bros is the F10 N55 exactly the same engine in the F13 640i?

There are definitely some differences but I'm not sure what exactly. For one, the F10 535 is rated at 306hp, the 640 is 320.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneDoc;838721 said:
There are definitely some differences but I'm not sure what exactly. For one, the F10 535 is rated at 306hp, the 640 is 320.

Maybe same engine but ours is tuned up slightly?

wobbles;838706 said:

Bro wobs, do you send in your car for servicing when you hit 2,000km? If so, where you go to for service and what engine oil is recommended? Do you bring in to PML? Cheers!

Bro drumminz, I'm going to book a slot with Munich Auto as soon as my house stuff is finally settled (which should be within a week or two). Munich Auto says they can guarantee a next day slot.

BoneDoc;838721 said:

According to PML guys, it is just the tune as they have to sell the 640i at a higher price so it has to push out a bit more power.

wobbles;838823 said:
Bro drumminz, I'm going to book a slot with Munich Auto as soon as my house stuff is finally settled (which should be within a week or two). Munich Auto says they can guarantee a next day slot.

Can I also send my car in to Munich and does the warranty and the rest apply? Not that I would cause I live 3 mins from Kampong Arang but just wondering.

SAMLAMBO;838835 said:
Can I also send my car in to Munich and does the warranty and the rest apply? Not that I would cause I live 3 mins from Kampong Arang but just wondering.

Dear SAMLAMBO,

Yes, you can send your car to Munich Automobiles for both warranty and servicing issues.

M-Nut;838862 said:
Dear SAMLAMBO,

Yes, you can send your car to Munich Automobiles for both warranty and servicing issues.

Thanks, was just down your place today to take a look at the M6, lovely! Spoke with Josephine, great person to deal with! :goodup:

Ok already done about 300kms and it just keeps getting better.

Reply from BOSS Motorsports,

"Bro, thanks for your humble feedback! I'm glad that you're enjoying it.
I've got a couple of F10 535i customers who experienced CEL after installing the JB3 but that is due to the old / prototype firmware usually seen on PI cars. ie: 535i from 09' 10'. JB3 only works without issues with BMW firmware 2.40.1 or later DME firmware

We have also noted that 535i with the earlier DME firmware makes bad power on our Dyno. something like 240odd HP. With the current DME firmware, we are looking at around 280hp stock!"

wobbles;838823 said:

Bro next day slot meaning? Why don't bring back PML since you got your car from there? Unless maybe you got bad experiences with PML which you would like to share hehe :)

Drumminz;838997 said:
Bro next day slot meaning? Why don't bring back PML since you got your car from there? Unless maybe you got bad experiences with PML which you would like to share hehe :)

Bro Drumminz,

I thought I'd just try out MA - after all, they are also an authorized workshop, and it's always good to have more than one option :)

Wanna go together when your car is due for servicing?

Next day slot means, IIRC, call today, can get slot tmr :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back