f30 328

Re: f30 328

Ok, reasons why you will buy a 328i (At least these are my reasons back then)

It is fast enough. (Caveat : Enough)

It is just a couple of seconds behind the 335i for 0-100, but quite a bit behind till 200. But we hardly go above 100 right? (Or so I think, at least for me)

4 Cylinder servicing is cheaper, road tax, etc etc etc, so considering all the overheads that comes with the 335, if you think that you do not need to have that extra performance, the 328 is a no brainer.

As for the sound, all new direct injection engines sound like this. Take a look at the new Mercedes A45 AMG. Sounds worse.

But yeah, I would have taken the 335 if I could turn back time. But then, I might have said I might have just gotten a GTR if I gotten the 335 back then... so /shrug

Rabid;1011520 said:
hi guys, looking at a preowned 328. will appreciate some feedback from owners re the car. just the negative ones will do, coa i already know how good the car is. thanks!
- BMW interior is not as nice as Audi. Get an Audi instead.
- BMW is everywhere. Too common. Buy Porsche better. More atas.
- Why pay so much when you can get the same performance or even better performance with a Jap car? Get a WRX or BRZ or Legacy or Evo instead.
- BMW maintenace more expensive. Get Lexus better, seldom breakdown and more comfortable and quieter also.

- 320 also 2L. You don't need so much power to travel on our jammed roads. In fact 316 is enough.
- Your friends colleagues and relatives will just say "3 series ya?". Then you LL suck thumb 'cause they don't know what is a 328 even though you spend 30 mins trying to explain the difference in bodykit, performance, suspension, etc.
- Your wife or GF cannot understand why you spend more on a car that looks exactly the same as a 320 or 316. You should spend the money instead on your family, like bringing them on a Europe trip every year.

- Why get a pre-owned car? New leather smell is very important. You should buy from PML or Munich (note not PI because people say PI no good) because their service and warranty can be absolutely trusted. You pay more for peace of mind, but it's worth it.

Ok my CPU will kaput if I continue to think. Hope you change your mind and get something else instead.....good luck!

with regards to performace, fc, maintenance etc the 328 is manageable.

my concern is really any niggling problems with the car itself or f30 in general. and wht is pml's response to rectification of the possible issues? considering that i have seen possibly the worse with vcs and maybe the best with wearnes, i am hoping pml will be at in between leaning towards the correct end of the spectrum. lol

you are buying the car not tender-loving-care service from pml
if the car do well ... you probably see pml 1-2 times a year
just go in-n-out change oil and forget it
as far as pml responsiveness, just learn some 18-buddha-palm kungfu to voice your concern

Last edited by a moderator:

C3P0;1011641 said:
- BMW interior is not as nice as Audi. Get an Audi instead.
- BMW is everywhere. Too common. Buy Porsche better. More atas.
- Why pay so much when you can get the same performance or even better performance with a Jap car? Get a WRX or BRZ or Legacy or Evo instead.
- BMW maintenace more expensive. Get Lexus better, seldom breakdown and more comfortable and quieter also.

- 320 also 2L. You don't need so much power to travel on our jammed roads. In fact 316 is enough.
- Your friends colleagues and relatives will just say "3 series ya?". Then you LL suck thumb 'cause they don't know what is a 328 even though you spend 30 mins trying to explain the difference in bodykit, performance, suspension, etc.
- Your wife or GF cannot understand why you spend more on a car that looks exactly the same as a 320 or 316. You should spend the money instead on your family, like bringing them on a Europe trip every year.

- Why get a pre-owned car? New leather smell is very important. You should buy from PML or Munich (note not PI because people say PI no good) because their service and warranty can be absolutely trusted. You pay more for peace of mind, but it's worth it.

Ok my CPU will kaput if I continue to think. Hope you change your mind and get something else instead.....good luck!

ok i take my money elsewhere!

wt_know;1011650 said:
you are buying the car not tender-loving-care service from pml
if the car do well ... you probably see pml 1-2 times a year
just go in-n-out change oil and forget it
as far as pml responsiveness, just learn some 18-buddha-palm kungfu to voice your concern

ya thats why the first thing is whether there is any model specific issues. i also dun wan to see them if i dun need to ma. kung hoo not bad already, been thru alxendra temple of vcs

In general, ppl buy BMW because:
1. Badge
2. Drive

Otherwise, get something else.

In term of aftersales, read up yourself on PML. I haven't encounter many negative comments on MA yet.

328i rocks.....

U can taxi mine n buy me kopi.

if its me,
either 316 or f80 m3.
if not I will get a 528.
528 more value added than 328.

Darth Vader;1011765 said:
if its me,
either 316 or f80 m3.
if not I will get a 528.
528 more value added than 328.

why not 520 or M5 based on your logic
328 price close to 520 ... 528 need to top up

Noobie comments here .

Just got a 328i not long back. About nearing 1 month now. Back then, I was choosing between a 335i 2011 or a 328i late 2012, chose the latter instead cos' of the new engine, low mileage and the 328i doesnt seem to lose out much in speed to the 335i. Both were about the same price also.

The pick up is really good and the transmission between gears is extremely smooth. But then again, i'm comparing to my other car .. a Mini cooper S.

Fuel economy wise... seems to only hit slightly between mid 9s to slightly above 10km/l. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Intending to throw away the stock runflats to non rfts soon.

But other than that, it's a really good balance between speed and comfort!

brosiss;1011762 said:
328i rocks.....

U can taxi mine n buy me kopi.

thanks brosisssss!
328 confirm rocks.... trying very hard to persuade myself not to change car

1. Wind noise (this is common problem for all F30s, or should I say, all recent BMWs), turn ur music louder to tolerate plz
2. Poor interior quality compare to Merc and Audi (This is so true, I owned merc b4 and drived friends' A4, A8 quite a few times)
3. Again interior built quality problem, plastic rattle sound always, u manage toeliminate 1 place, come out another... But of coz not as bad as Jap cars, and it is can be solved if u patient enough.
4. Most importantly... U looks 99% like 316 inside out....

Having said above. A good reason for u to choose 328i is, this is very the standard package for 3 series, it's so called flagship model, it cannot go wrong if u choose to buy flagship model among the lines.
It's like if u buy S class, go for S350, not S300, not S600
It's like if u buy 5 series, go for 535, not 520, not 550
Enough said

bmw should scrap their 316 line ... it's the deal breaker .... LOL

nokia27149;1011884 said:
1. Wind noise (this is common problem for all F30s, or should I say, all recent BMWs), turn ur music louder to tolerate plz
2. Poor interior quality compare to Merc and Audi (This is so true, I owned merc b4 and drived friends' A4, A8 quite a few times)
3. Again interior built quality problem, plastic rattle sound always, u manage toeliminate 1 place, come out another... But of coz not as bad as Jap cars, and it is can be solved if u patient enough.

Having said above. A good reason for u to choose 328i is, this is very the standard package for 3 series, it's so called flagship model, it cannot go wrong if u choose to buy flagship model among the lines.
Enough said

nokia27149;1011884 said:

Enough said

i read somewhere u paid 200k for ur 328i.. thats a very good price.

coming from a merc c180, i wun consider a 316. thats too lateral an upgrade. thanks for the tip re the build quaility- its very disappointing that we pay a fortune to deal with this. i wun consider 328 a flagship. the true beemer flagship would have to be a 7 series, and if you wan to compare within model- it would have to be the m3 gts for the 3ers, no less. lol

nokia27149;1011884 said:

Enough said
Rattle is must have in all BMW. Why? Plastic (Interior) vs Metal (Exterior). With stiff chassis + bad road condition, something will give way.

wt_know;1011889 said:
bmw should scrap their 316 line ... it's the deal breaker .... LOL
Cannot scrap lah. Otherwise, ppl who likes the badge cannot afford to buy BMW.

Rabid;1011894 said:
i read somewhere u paid 200k for ur 328i.. thats a very good price.

coming from a merc c180, i wun consider a 316. thats too lateral an upgrade. thanks for the tip re the build quaility- its very disappointing that we pay a fortune to deal with this. i wun consider 328 a flagship. the true beemer flagship would have to be a 7 series, and if you wan to compare within model- it would have to be the m3 gts for the 3ers, no less. lol
All M + 7 are flagship.

To me, BMW must be IL6 + RWD.

nokia27149;1011884 said:

Enough said

Well said... BTW 328i is the flagship model in North America..

based on current trend, future x35i highly be 4pot turbo hor ... higher boost
6pot probably reserved for m-perf and 8pot for ///m
bmw v10 engine dead already right

davidtch;1011902 said:
To me, BMW must be IL6 + RWD.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;1011936 said:
based on current trend, future x35i highly be 4pot turbo hor ... higher boost
6pot probably reserved for m-perf and 8pot for ///m
bmw v10 engine dead already right