F30 Build Quality

Re: F30 Build Quality

I think that's a rare case. I don't have such issues with my 3. Regarding SA build quality bad also heng suay. My previous ride from Germany also got many quality issues. So it's purely luck.
And no way will Pml sell a showroom car without declaration nor a steep discount. That will be invitation to a lawsuit and I believe they do have some integrity.

whiteonyx;940296 said:
I think that's a rare case. I don't have such issues with my 3. Regarding SA build quality bad also heng suay. My previous ride from Germany also got many quality issues. So it's purely luck.

totally agree. the 3 series sedan has been built in SA for ages, don't think its fair to single that as the driving factor of a faulty car.

that said, i hope pml rectifies any faults found. its only fair.

Red_Bean_Bun;940262 said:
Appalling but I assume you did raise these issues when you took delivery ?

Not really, the rubber seal problem was really difficult to spot as it is hidden behind the door lining. As for the rear seats noise, at first I thought it was normal for new car, but as time goes it became more frequent and louder...

I don't believe PML is trying to sell any display car without notifying customer though. I booked this car when it just finished production and it arrived on dock in SG on 15th Dec.

i think it is not so value for money when comparing f30 and f10 in singapore market.
for a pml 328, you can get a PI 528.

Went to PML today, confirmed the noises are from the back doors instead of the seats! BMW admitted it was a known issue and presented remedy, 1 day down time and can only book appointment next week:(

As for the door lining rubber seal, PML checked their stock after receiving my complaints and they found 1 other car(out of 20 plus cars) with similar defects on both sides of the lining. They need 4~6 weeks to order the parts to replace entire door lining:(

I recommend all of our F30 owners to check their cars on this as it is fairly difficult to spot unless you are looking for it.

wkwlb;940795 said:
Went to PML today, confirmed the noises are from the back doors instead of the seats! BMW admitted it was a known issue and presented remedy, 1 day down time and can only book appointment next week:(

As for the door lining rubber seal, PML checked their stock after receiving my complaints and they found 1 other car(out of 20 plus cars) with similar defects on both sides of the lining. They need 4~6 weeks to order the parts to replace entire door lining:(

I recommend all of our F30 owners to check their cars on this as it is fairly difficult to spot unless you are looking for it.

Glad to hear that all are well taken care of rather than .......... :eek: Unavoidable for down time thus do bare with it.

You are not alone, I have been on waiting list since 2012 November. Too long for my down time as I cant afford a 2nd ride thus needed their replacement car :eek:

Hope all goes well ~~~

Cheers ~~ :)

Each car each brand has it's each QC problem, I haven't heard any brand or model that has 0% defect, or at least I know people around me with different brand/model has worst case... Also when your cars from xxx country to Singapore how many butts has sat in your car driving around?? Etc... So not just the company QC problem..

F30 Build Quality

Andyc;940952 said:
Each car each brand has it's each QC problem, I haven't heard any brand or model that has 0% defect, or at least I know people around me with different brand/model has worst case... Also when your cars from xxx country to Singapore how many butts has sat in your car driving around?? Etc... So not just the company QC problem..

Har? But delivery mileage less than 20km what , wouldn't that suggest problems are inherent from manufacturing source rather than the number of butts driving around etc no?

Bro 20km can have 20butts sitting on....imagine each drive 1km ie: from the tow truck, parking to the container, out of the container, etc.. :thinking:

if its a made in SA issue, the 316 wont be better off. jus got word that tats also made in SA. :whipper:

eiffel76;941237 said:
if its a made in SA issue, the 316 wont be better off. jus got word that tats also made in SA. :whipper:
R u sure? Rosslyn export program covers the entire Asia. Which country other than Sg has 316? If volume low, why would they produce it?

Anyone actually thought BMW has the best built-quality than its peers like Merc and Audi?

davidtch;941336 said:
R u sure? Rosslyn export program covers the entire Asia. Which country other than Sg has 316? If volume low, why would they produce it?

ya this morn received sms fr SE to check out the 316. so i asked specifically if made in germany or SA. n the reply was all 4 door 3 series are from SA. i was hoping it is made in germany cos i wanna pin point the build quality is an F30 issue or a SA issue.

eiffel76;941346 said:
ya this morn received sms fr SE to check out the 316. so i asked specifically if made in germany or SA. n the reply was all 4 door 3 series are from SA. i was hoping it is made in germany cos i wanna pin point the build quality is an F30 issue or a SA issue.
E90 318 only available in Singapore (For Asia region). Made in Germany.

If u 1 100% confirmation, get chassis number.

Each car will have its own problems. I wouldn't be too bothered with German born or SA born.

Best is to buy Lexus. davidtch say one.

If such quality are from the Germans...................... I dunno what to say !!!

kenntona;941453 said:
If such quality are from the Germans...................... I dunno what to say !!!

But its a BMW! Even if headlight hoo hoo also must say Made in Germany bestest than SA

hi guys..

All 3 series are built in South Africa. I just called and spoke directly to a Sales Person and thats what he mentioned.

I am intending to get the 316i & have never owned a BMW..

any advice on reliabilty or engine issues?

best regards,
Shan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups