F30 - GPS Navigation - Search by Postal Code

wei0306

Hi all,

I notice the GPS navigation in F30 cannot search by Postal Code. Normally like those Garmin GPS, you can just enter the 6 digits postal code and the actual complete address will be populated and you can start your navigation.

When I try to search by postal code on a F30, it only recognises the first 2 digits, and after which, it populates a list of area/road for you to choose from and you have to scroll and select, which is a lengthy process and you can never get the full address you wanted. In the end, it is better off to enter the address manually.

Checked with PML, they said that this search by postal code was available in the earlier batch of F30, and the latest batch software does not have this function :huhhuh:

Any bro has similar issue with your F30 ?

Thanks

Re: F30 - GPS Navigation - Search by Postal Code

My ride GPS also cannot enter by postal code which i think is dumb .

wei0306;905408 said:
Hi all,

I notice the GPS navigation in F30 cannot search by Postal Code. Normally like those Garmin GPS, you can just enter the 6 digits postal code and the actual complete address will be populated and you can start your navigation.

When I try to search by postal code on a F30, it only recognises the first 2 digits, and after which, it populates a list of area/road for you to choose from and you have to scroll and select, which is a lengthy process and you can never get the full address you wanted. In the end, it is better off to enter the address manually.

Checked with PML, they said that this search by postal code was available in the earlier batch of F30, and the latest batch software does not have this function :huhhuh:

Any bro has similar issue with your F30 ?

Thanks

Mine was the 1st batch, search by first 2 digits also, cant access full 6 digits anyway.

Frankly the GPS system in BMW sucks, I'd get a Garmin anytime hahahhaaa

wei0306;905408 said:

I find that very hard to believe.

does that means pi unit without nav actually does not matter much
one can always get garmin (never goes wrong and with free lifetime map update)

It works in germany.
I was able to search by district code of up to 5 digits.
I think it's the granularity of how the gps is set up.
2 digits are fine and just supplement with address here.

the address list is also not very complete. my area has only 2 point blocks but my block (which is nearer to the main road) cannot be found.

I would say the accuracy of the map is good, and the verbal instruction is very precise to the extent of exactly when to make the turn. But the search function definitely needs to be improved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back