F30 wiper unit problem

kianliau

does anyone else has problems with their wipers?

i picked up my F30 las sat noon...so didnt realli test out the wipers til the heavy storm yesterday.....but the wipers were realli rough and juddering badly especially the wiper at the driver side...seems like its gonna fall off anytime....arranged to go service centre to get them changed out but while on the way to PML, i was caught in the rain again...and this time.......the wipers just keep going and going and will not stop.....even after i parked my car and turn off everything at the service bay, the wipers just kept on going................. tot can get back my car on the same day but the service manager told me that the wiper head unit has malfunctioned......and they will need to get the parts from Germany which will take another 2 weeks..........zzzzzzzzzzzz
at least my SE was very patient and understanding....gaf me a loaner of the same model to tide me through this period...but nonetheless...i wasnt expecting such QC problems from BMW......drive 4 days....gonna wait for parts for 2 weeks......

:dramamam:

Re: F30 wiper unit problem

kianliau;844843 said:

i picked up my F30 las sat noon...so didnt realli test out the wipers til the heavy storm yesterday.....but the wipers were realli rough and juddering badly especially the wiper at the driver side...seems like its gonna fall off anytime....arranged to go service centre to get them changed out but while on the way to PML, i was caught in the rain again...and this time.......the wipers just keep going and going and will not stop.....even after i parked my car and turn off everything at the service bay, the wipers just kept on going................. tot can get back my car on the same day but the service manager told me that the wiper head unit has malfunctioned......and they will need to get the parts from Germany which will take another 2 weeks..........zzzzzzzzzzzz
at least my SE was very patient and understanding....gaf me a loaner of the same model to tide me through this period...but nonetheless...i wasnt expecting such QC problems from BMW......drive 4 days....gonna wait for parts for 2 weeks......

Replied on the other thread bro but tks for sharing, think F30 got couple of teething problems as experienced by a few of us already

who did u got ur car from bro?
maybe can share your wiper problem here too

Growler;844851 said:
Replied on the other thread bro but tks for sharing, think F30 got couple of teething problems as experienced by a few of us already

AM seriously considering the F30. Can't see to find the thread on teething issues. Care to share bro? Many thanks

kianliau;844876 said:
who did u got ur car from bro?
maybe can share your wiper problem here too

When I try to turn off wiper it will stop, but not at the resting place that it ought to, it stops exactly anywhere on the windscreen the minute u turn off the wipers. That's one problem. Second issue is when I activate wiper washer system the wipers can't be turned off until I off engine and lock car. Sounds crazy rite?

Apparently some folks in the states already encountered this on their F30s. Will pm u my sales person

Mentholatum;844881 said:
AM seriously considering the F30. Can't see to find the thread on teething issues. Care to share bro? Many thanks

the f30 looks realli good! and the engine and ride is fantastic too! my frend told me the N20 engine won some best engine of the year award....

kianliau;844843 said:

F30 as courtesy car? Not bad, not bad at all...aiya every make also got QC problems here and there once in a while one la...but I believe the sheer driving pleasure is hard to resist.:chinese:

Thanks for sharing.

Mentholatum;844881 said:

Bro not that I have many issues, just that if you read around forums think F30 does have its fair share on glitches here and there lor, it being a new model

Saosin;844890 said:
F30 as courtesy car? Not bad, not bad at all...aiya every make also got QC problems here and there once in a while one la...but I believe the sheer driving pleasure is hard to resist.:chinese:

Thanks for sharing.

initially they gaf me the new 1 series but the iu has problems....
yea im very happy with pml aftersales service!
thumbs up!

Today rained and i start to use my wiper too. OK. this is the problem i was encountering - Usually when i press the 'A" for wiper meaning the wiper will only swipe when it detects rain rite? but for my F30 it jus kept swiping. and when you disable the "A" usually the wiper will finish it's one cycle and go back to original position but my wiper will jus stop and stay on the windscreen. Any other experiencing this?

DAN7788;846732 said:
Today rained and i start to use my wiper too. OK. this is the problem i was encountering - Usually when i press the 'A" for wiper meaning the wiper will only swipe when it detects rain rite? but for my F30 it jus kept swiping. and when you disable the "A" usually the wiper will finish it's one cycle and go back to original position but my wiper will jus stop and stay on the windscreen. Any other experiencing this?

Very familiar, quick send it in, likely to be the forward electronics module. They need to order the part and I heard it takes abt 2 weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:

finally got my car back today! good job pml for flying in the parts in to expedite the progress....understand that PML has feedback to their Head Office on the wiper issues as there have been several reports

Good for you bro! My car still at PML!

Did they say what was changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAN7788;846732 said:

The wiper is so erratic that I dunno which mode I'm at. Sweeping too fast, hits the right frame. Wat a Ultimate Driving machine.... :boring::boring::boring:

kianliau;847163 said:
finally got my car back today! good job pml for flying in the parts in to expedite the progress....understand that PML has feedback to their Head Office on the wiper issues as there have been several reports

they should do a recall soon, its a major issue. Almost everyone has such problems.

Wind noise wise, 60-70% got it. Now wat type of quality is it?

Growler;847172 said:
Good for you bro! My car still at PML!

Did they say what was changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky u bro! They din even call me on any loaner yet! That Fri that I banged table was they told me its their policy NOT to provide loaners, I told them dun gimme BS cos its a bloody new car! I think its high time we collate all the problems and speak to BMW AG, those who wan a change of rides, we can appeal. I dun even mind pay to upgrade to 640 or 740, I dun c issues from those models.

Im also have problem with my car's wipers, they are not perform functionally and dry water from wind screen and also they are stop during moving. Im hardly need to solve this problem because during rain, i cannot see properly in front of my car.

the left wiper tip seems to be scratching my windscreen with unsightly marks/lines.....anyone else face the same problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giorgi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back