Feedback on car battery

Re: Feedback on car battery

By the way I just replace with a Bosch s4 din 100 for $230 including labour.
Cheers.

bonsoir;1002543 said:
I just gotten mine changed at J4C (Juzz for Cars).

Hoppecke model (original) $280. But not including cost of labor which worked out to another $100 plus...

:)

IS250C;1002574 said:
Wow. $100++ labour to replace battery is very high.
You can always DIY. It is easy especially if your existing battery is not flat. Just start your car and disconnect terminal to replace. When your car is started there is no longer a need for battery power so disconnect will not cause any issue with any electronics setting at all.

gadaffi;1002581 said:
totally agree with you. Typical tyre/battery shop labour less than S$100

Red_Bean_Bun;1002631 said:
That is quite a bit of labor .....

JuzMe;1002895 said:
$100 is WAY too much for a simple job. Thanks for posting so we know where to avoid ;)

bonsoir, for a straightforward battery change, there won't be any labour charges. Especially a $100+ labour. Could you PM me your car plate? I check it out for you. Who was the one who served you?

Based on the facts, I believe the $100 is inclusive of some other charges, maybe/maybe not related to the battery change.

Do let us know. We would like to clarify things soonest. Thank you.

:confused:

Cos mine totally flat out lor....what to do...kena chop twice in 2 days...sian.....even the towing charge from J4C was $180! cos it was at MBS underground car park and francis truck too big to enter....

snowdog;1008060 said:
bonsoir, for a straightforward battery change, there won't be any labour charges. Especially a $100+ labour. Could you PM me your car plate? I check it out for you. Who was the one who served you?

Based on the facts, I believe the $100 is inclusive of some other charges, maybe/maybe not related to the battery change.

Do let us know. We would like to clarify things soonest. Thank you.

:confused:

Ok,
Actually all in I paid $500 plus! hahaha...so I was kinda shocked also....but what to do....I paid $180 for towing on a sunday from Marina Bay Carpark (maybe that's why that guy just tok me la). and then next day Billy called me to come down pick up the car....just battery change...i think Hoppecke batter cost is higher? hahaha...anyway, it was $500 thereabouts....

bonsoir;1011349 said:
Ok,
Actually all in I paid $500 plus! hahaha...so I was kinda shocked also....but what to do....I paid $180 for towing on a sunday from Marina Bay Carpark (maybe that's why that guy just tok me la). and then next day Billy called me to come down pick up the car....just battery change...i think Hoppecke batter cost is higher? hahaha...anyway, it was $500 thereabouts....
Your batt $280 + $180 towing + GST + labour = about $500 loh! Not 100 plus for labour charge lah!

correction.

$180 was paid on the spot on sunday.

Another $500 was paid on monday afternoon.

Your maths passed or not ah? LOL!

Altogether $680!!!

Understooded?

bonsoir;1011390 said:
correction.

Altogether $680!!!

Understooded?
Now I understood! but hor, earlier u claimed "Actually all in I paid $500 plus! "

Ouch.

I used to buy and change my own battery when it went flat.

Meek;1011393 said:
Ouch.

Sart. I need to change battery... Can help me? I buy you exotic coffee!

Meek;1011393 said:
Ouch.

When i bought E39, i had to change the battery because Alternator uplorry. 3.5 yrs later, when GB uplorry, battery still going strong. Alternator & Batt was changed @ PML Alexander.

Bro u really cannot carrot big big!!!

Batt change at PML plus reprogram, labour and GST $387. Towing is free and u get a free car wash too. Just did mine 2mths ago. 2yrs warranty some more.

bonsoir;1011349 said:
Ok,

bonsoir;1011390 said:
correction.

Altogether $680!!!

Understooded?

In all honesty, something else must have being done here other than changing the battery. For us, it will never be the case of charging labour for changing battery. We really do not want people to think that we are "carrot choppers", especially when the facts are not straighten.

The biggest battery we have here is $380 + 7% GST = $406.60 inclusive of labour and GST.

If we really mistakenly charged you for labour to replace the battery, we would want to refund you the difference.

Best is that you can PM me your car plate number, let me check on this.

:)

Just to clear the air. It was a typo on our end. The labour charge is for the troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes before replacing the battery.

The total did come up to slightly short of $500 on the bill.

:oops:

snowdog;1011733 said:
Just to clear the air. It was a typo on our end. The labour charge is for the troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes before replacing the battery.

:oops:

Wow. (10 chars)

snowdog said:

Just for clarity, are those works done for troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes pertaining to battery change typically charged separately?

Means battery change = part cost of battery plus labour (which include troubleshooting, diagnostic, fault codes clearing) ?

Meek;1011393 said:
Ouch.

Hi Meek, next time still dare to change Batt yourself? In future you need to:
troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes before replacing the battery.

kenntona;1011755 said:
Just for clarity, are those works done for troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes pertaining to battery change typically charged separately?

Means battery change = part cost of battery plus labour (which include troubleshooting, diagnostic, fault codes clearing) ?

from my experience, 100Ah battery for BMW, include everything should be not more than $350.00. Unless its Odyssey battery
Sorry to whoever, but this is my honest input to the end user.

gadaffi;1011800 said:
from my experience, 100Ah battery for BMW, include everything should be not more than $350.00. Unless its Odyssey battery
Sorry to whoever, but this is my honest input to the end user.

refering to those tyre and workshop and not PML....

gadaffi said:
from my experience, 100Ah battery for BMW, include everything should be not more than $350.00. Unless its Odyssey battery Sorry to whoever, but this is my honest input to the end user.

Your "everything" is inclusive of EVERYTHING?

Labour = diagnosis, troubleshooting, fault code clearing, installation?

Warranty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnpbali
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back