Feedback on car battery

Re: Feedback on car battery

kenntona;1011804 said:
Your "everything" is inclusive of EVERYTHING?

Labour = diagnosis, troubleshooting, fault code clearing, installation?

Warranty?

Yes, everything above... warranty depends on each brand and workshop.

gadaffi;1011800 said:
from my experience, 100Ah battery for BMW, include everything should be not more than $350.00. Unless its Odyssey battery
Sorry to whoever, but this is my honest input to the end user.
Odyssey will be higher than $350. Is because of battery or "everything else"?

davidtch;1011810 said:
Odyssey will be higher than $350. Is because of battery or "everything else"?

nope... its mainly because of the battery.

3005;1011799 said:
Hi Meek, next time still dare to change Batt yourself? In future you need to:
troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes before replacing the battery.

Actually... yes. I wud. I know you need to reset the fault codes and register the battery in the system but these can be done after installing a new battery and driving it to the nearest sc when next convenient. Can save on towing charges.

My car still under warranty and covered by bmw rescue for the period of warranty. So dat is another option.

kenntona;1011755 said:
Just for clarity, are those works done for troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes pertaining to battery change typically charged separately?

Means battery change = part cost of battery plus labour (which include troubleshooting, diagnostic, fault codes clearing) ?

The car was in, not knowing what problem was, we had to troubleshoot, diagnose and clear fault codes (after changing battery) when there the result points it back to the battery.

Yes, it is charged separately if it is not a regular battery change.

snowdog said:
The car was in, not knowing what problem was, we had to troubleshoot, diagnose and clear fault codes (after changing battery) when there the result points it back to the battery.

Ah, that makes sense.

3005;1011799 said:
Hi Meek, next time still dare to change Batt yourself? In future you need to:
troubleshooting, diagnostic and clearing of fault codes before replacing the battery.

Please do not be mistaken. The situation is: diagnostics is required beforehand as the problem(s) is not confirmed. If it is straightforward a problem of flat battery, then replacing battery does not need diagnostics.

gadaffi;1011800 said:
from my experience, 100Ah battery for BMW, include everything should be not more than $350.00. Unless its Odyssey battery
Sorry to whoever, but this is my honest input to the end user.

gadaffi;1011802 said:
refering to those tyre and workshop and not PML....

Not neccessarily. Depends on the brands too. Unless we are "carroted" by our distributor.

snowdog;1011833 said:
Please do not be mistaken. The situation is: diagnostics is required beforehand as the problem(s) is not confirmed. If it is straightforward a problem of flat battery, then replacing battery does not need diagnostics.
Understand now!

too bad lor....
so u all can LEARN from me from my expensive lessons...sigh....
3005 still can laugh at me....wait till he kena...then he know! hahahhaah!

ok, now I know who I can go to and direct all others to come look for u liao Meek? hahahaha...then u start a side business changing batteries ai mai?

snowdog;1011833 said:

That means the Hoppecke Battery You charged me at $380 is considered "premium" battery ah??? how come the rest here quoted bosch, ameron, all less than $300? or is Hoppeck longer lasting? hmmmmmm........

bonsoir;1012248 said:
That means the Hoppecke Battery You charged me at $380 is considered "premium" battery ah??? how come the rest here quoted bosch, ameron, all less than $300? or is Hoppeck longer lasting? hmmmmmm........

It is a good battery. That is the Hoppecke's retail price.

Battery lifespan depends on usage, quite difficult to gauge how long a battery can last.

bonsoir;1012248 said:
Why not call AAS or Nam Wah (Local Distributor)?

Amaron is Indian Battery.

Bosch could be not made in Germany.

Pointless to point here & there without the correct facts.

bonsoir;1012246 said:
ok, now I know who I can go to and direct all others to come look for u liao Meek? hahahaha...then u start a side business changing batteries ai mai?

Lol. This is funny.
If a girl can change battery by herself... then you can too. Come on.

AAS can help you change battery if you join their membership. :)

Was researching on battery replacement and came across this thread... for battery replacement, the CCA rating is more critical than the AH as the AH is the capacity and the CCA is the ability to crank up. Correct?

snowdog;1011830 said:

A client couldnt start his car for un-confirmed reason, call ws for help, tow truck activated. As the car couldnt start, battery was changed. Car started. CEL not lit?
Being a responsible ws, diagnostic was done using the "laptop" plug into car. No major stuff found, all codes cleared. Charge $100.
This is what i interpreted.

Question.
If i would to do normal servicing, do i need to pay 100 for diagnostic and clear fault code? Or its included in the package?

Amaron Pro 100Ah 900CCA $190

IS250C;995936 said:
I brought my E60 523i used and not sure about the car battery health. So decided to replace for peace of mind. I am recommended to use Amaron Pro DIN100 at $280 incl installation.

I am trying to get feedback on the quality of Amaron and is the price reasonable?

Cheers.

I just changed to Amaron Pro 100AH 900CCA for BMW7-Series. I paid $190nett. Free installation.

Nowadays most battery are made from asia countries, mostly ya. Im in the battery trade for years. Yes lifespan depends on usage, temp, alternator, output current while engine is off, etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnpbali
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back