First drive to KL

Re: First drive to KL

I found really weird as sometime wind noise are vy noticeable during highway above 120km/h but sometime not ... Had tried my other friend e60 and found that actually wind noise does really exist during speed above 120 to 140 km/h .. It just better than my ex Camry not as good as totally noiseless like others said .. I had been complainted this issue to pml and the answer of cos as expected - " it's normal " lah

QUOTE=Divespyder;903844]Must be your rear spoiler auto raise at 120kmh.[/QUOTE]

Algino;904818 said:
I found really weird as sometime wind noise are vy noticeable during highway above 120km/h but sometime not ... Had tried my other friend e60 and found that actually wind noise does really exist during speed above 120 to 140 km/h .. It just better than my ex Camry not as good as totally noiseless like others said .. I had been complainted this issue to pml and the answer of cos as expected - " it's normal " lah

U get wind noise when there is strong cross wind. Every car can hear cross wind.

some say the wind noise lessen after install m mirrors

Last edited by a moderator:

hit 220km/h on NSHW, no wind sound or swing sound ler...very stable and feel like driving 150km/h...Of course on 20" 265/295 wheels!

Bro .. We talking e60 and not f10 wow ... No wind sound @ 220km/h ?!?! Wu ya bo ? I hit same speed as u before at nshw and wind sound was si bei tua sia lei .. I will say 180km/h on e60 perform much much better compare to my ex Camry but for sure wind noise are still vy noticeable ...

QUOTE=manggi12;905076]hit 220km/h on NSHW, no wind sound or swing sound ler...very stable and feel like driving 150km/h...Of course on 20" 265/295 wheels![/QUOTE]

just wondering is it safe to drive up north? always heard of scary stories and car went missing? if there's any link mentioned on this before, do let me know please as i'm quite keen to try driving up north to some resort. thanks

Join convoy or go with another car up north if you are concerned.

IMO the danger are there depending on time, day, location and luck. End of the day 99.9% of the cars go up north and returned unscathed.

dfstan;905222 said:
just wondering is it safe to drive up north? always heard of scary stories and car went missing? if there's any link mentioned on this before, do let me know please as i'm quite keen to try driving up north to some resort. thanks

I being kiasu, will just head-up to KL, park at home. And drive my Malaysia car around....

I won't drive my Sg F10 running around. Having said that, there is lots of F10s or other bimmers in KL. so I doubt it is a target at all...

Porky, which model of F10 are u driving currently?

Just curious coz I've not driven my F10 to Malaysia. Actually, I don't dare to. Haha!

Euphoria;905308 said:
Just curious coz I've not driven my F10 to Malaysia. Actually, I don't dare to. Haha!

Just exercise basic caution and be aware of your surroundings, and it should be fine. I hv driven my F10 M5 to KL twice already and my car is just 3 months old.

535i is sufficient to hit the NSHW...M5 lagi keng!

Steel Blue;905377 said:
Just exercise basic caution and be aware of your surroundings, and it should be fine. I hv driven my F10 M5 to KL twice already and my car is just 3 months old.

The F10 M5 is truly at home on the NS highway. I took it there once and it was crazy fast. It was still pulling hard at speeds where the M3 would loose steam. I kinda felt sorry for it once i was back in Tuas. It's like a caged animal on our local roads :(

clar;905413 said:
The F10 M5 is truly at home on the NS highway. I took it there once and it was crazy fast. It was still pulling hard at speeds where the M3 would loose steam. I kinda felt sorry for it once i was back in Tuas. It's like a caged animal on our local roads :(

Tell me about it -- at 230km/h the M5 was still pulling away very effortlessly, and the DCT gearbox was a dream to use with paddleshifters. In fact, I must admit that the M5 "hides" the actual speed very well, and at times, the driver feesl "uninvolved" with the drive due to the lack of real engine noise etc.

Steel Blue;905377 said:

What would be the best time to drive to KL from Singapore? How long did you take to reach KL?

10 years ago, I did a KL to SG in 2.5 hours with 3 fuel stops. That was in my WRX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back