First service for E92 323i

18000rpm

I have a 323i and according to the car's service interval indicator, my first oil change is not due until 34000 km and 1.5 years after purchase.

Is that correct?? Seems really long.

Re: First service for E92 323i

Aaargrrrg. Black E92 323. One of my "to-get" car.

For new cars nowadays, PML set the 1st servicing to be done at 12,000km (estimation depending on driving style I think). But most prudent people in the forum will get it done at 8,000 or 9,000 or 10,000km.

If I am not wrong, the 34,000km thingy was what landed a lot of cars in trouble. With engine sludge yah?

Btw, I only advise you because I hope you can keep your car in tip top condition, and then sell it to me soon! LOL

So BMW's recommendation is 34000 km before my first oil change?

Considering my last car which I sold after 5 years had 36000 km when I sold it, I may not need any oil changes during my entire ownership lol!

I think 34,000km is just a gauge depending on driving style and other factors which the OBC will smartly calculate. Could be 32,000 or 28,000 I think.
Heard from one of the workshop boss that many innocent owners fell for it, and ended up with engine sludge damn jialat jialat.

Btw, important question is: what is the mileage of your car and would you consider upgrading to a 335 or M3 soon? :)

18000rpm;497010 said:
So BMW's recommendation is 34000 km before my first oil change?

Considering my last car which I sold after 5 years had 36000 km when I sold it, I may not need any oil changes during my entire ownership lol!
definitely not right. go get ur computer checked. 10000km is time for oil change. reason why ppl get il sludge is because they dragged the servicing too long.

I think when I first got the car it said 26000 km for the first service. After 12 months and 7000 km, it now says 34000 km or 6 months later for the first service.

I guess I will get it serviced in 6 months then.

get it serviced every 5000km.. thats what i do but i kiasu kiasi keh kiang

hi does any one know where the e92 323i coupe is manufactured?

It does not seem to be part of the orignal e92 stable so when was this model launched?

and what does it mean to have a detuned 2.5L engine? its bhp is still 190 (better then the 323i sedan?)

thks

shld still be in germany. but the PI's who bring it in to singapore for sale are probably from UK dealers. but this doesnt means its made in UK.

yes 323 is a detuned 325 at 190+ bhp. its the same engine block with less bhp. both sedan and coupe 323 have the same bhp. only diff is looks

thanks bro but is this sub model very recently added to bmw's 3 series line of coupes? I did some research and the official bmw websites only show the e92; 320, 325, 335 etc there is no 323i?

sorry i am thinking of trading in my 3 series e90 for a new e92 323i, without breaking my wallet and even amongts the PIs there is a whopping SGD20k diff between the price of the e92 323 and e92 325?

I know 325i has idrive and higher bhp but if those are the only diff its ok. I dont need the extra horses for driving on singapore roads and the 323i fits nicely here as i also get a creamy smooth inline 6

I just worry about other unknowns as my south african made e90 really died after the 3rd yrs. Its hit the 4th yr and thats why i give it up. But i don't wana trade one lemon for another.

Any comments will be much appreciated as reviews on the e92 323i are almost non-esitent. Thks

yes and no. the models u have mentioned above r the base models by bmw. but for certain countries, ala singapore, we have had the 323 for sometime now. not sure what the intent was for this model, but it is definitely legitimate and not a new make.

rest assured ur coupe and cabs are german produce. this is the rule of thumb versus sedans, which r african made with the exception of 318 i was told.

iDrive for 325 is also no standard. at least for PML it isnt.

Thanks heaps, that is reassuring. I still have some reservations about buying PI? Have you heard of Vincars? R they reliable?

And they use MBM Wheels to warranty and service the BM coupes.....i never heard of either of these 2 companies b4?

I have heard too many stories about PIs who deliver cars with wrong specs or 6 mnths late or not at all so i am pretty nervous.

Nightwind;513130 said:
Thanks heaps, that is reassuring. I still have some reservations about buying PI? Have you heard of Vincars? R they reliable?

And they use MBM Wheels to warranty and service the BM coupes.....i never heard of either of these 2 companies b4?

I have heard too many stories about PIs who deliver cars with wrong specs or 6 mnths late or not at all so i am pretty nervous.
vincars is one of the more established PI's around, so shld be quite ok. MBM is actually a subsidiary of KBS, which happens to be our site sponsor.

I guess there will always be risks when buying from PI's. just make sure everything is detailed in the purchase in case they screw up ur order. when this happens u have a case to argue.

just makes sure u purchase ur ride from a reputable PI. some PI's are actually 3rd parties who get their rides from other PI's, which could sometimes result in incorrect specs.

all the best.

Nightwind, come to our meetup and u can find people who got pi's e92 323. Nice car....

Thanks everyone for all the very good advise. Ok i made up my mind after i read your latest reply. I am told by Vincars that they have a nice coupe already on the way, will arrive maybe after CNY. This is the final batch of 09 models.

The thing that makes me suspicious is that they cant confirm if it has a sun-roof or not....and i was asking the PI how come car is already on the way? Am i taking over someone's rejected order. He claims no....

The plus side is that i dont have to wait months to get the car. If i place an order now i understand that it will take over 1-2 months easily so if i can just tag a car that is already enroute here it seems a good deal and i reduce my risk and exposure.

Is MBM a reliable warranty and service provider for BMs?

Er C3PO where and when is your meet-up?

Nightwind;513235 said:
Thanks everyone for all the very good advise. Ok i made up my mind after i read your latest reply. I am told by Vincars that they have a nice coupe already on the way, will arrive maybe after CNY. This is the final batch of 09 models.

The thing that makes me suspicious is that they cant confirm if it has a sun-roof or not....and i was asking the PI how come car is already on the way? Am i taking over someone's rejected order. He claims no....

The plus side is that i dont have to wait months to get the car. If i place an order now i understand that it will take over 1-2 months easily so if i can just tag a car that is already enroute here it seems a good deal and i reduce my risk and exposure.

Is MBM a reliable warranty and service provider for BMs?

Er C3PO where and when is your meet-up?
they have probably already pre ordered those units back in 09.

meetups r the last sunday of each month

Nightwind, as Slater has stated, last Sunday of every month.

thks for all the support. I have placed the deposit with PI for the coupe, and just as well because today my old e90 is emitting a whirrring noise in the back ground when i accelerate......if the engine is idling there is no whrrring sound.

the system checks show everything is ok......the noise seems to be getting louder daily.....i dont know if the current car can last for another 3 weeks as this is eta of new coupe....any advise on what the problem maybe?

i dont wana send back to PML. they are basically useless money sucking leeches........out of every dollar bille, 60 cents goes to labour and only 30 odd cents go to the parts....its day light robbery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back