First service for E92 323i

Re: First service for E92 323i

Nightwind;513571 said:
thks for all the support. I have placed the deposit with PI for the coupe, and just as well because today my old e90 is emitting a whirrring noise in the back ground when i accelerate......if the engine is idling there is no whrrring sound.

the system checks show everything is ok......the noise seems to be getting louder daily.....i dont know if the current car can last for another 3 weeks as this is eta of new coupe....any advise on what the problem maybe?

i dont wana send back to PML. they are basically useless money sucking leeches........out of every dollar bille, 60 cents goes to labour and only 30 odd cents go to the parts....its day light robbery.

Saw your posts and thought maybe I could help.

My ride: E92 323i from VINCAR (190BHP but soon will be more.....kekeke!)

Coming 2 yrs now.....SWEE SWEE BOH ZHAO JUI :dance:

Yes, MADE IN GERMANY....you can always get the VIN CODE from VINCAR and check online now to confirm this...I did this before I bought the car....

Nothing wrong with VINCAR not knowing the exact 100% details of specs till car arrives but make sure YOU make it a point to have ALL the specs comitted to you in writing. So if car arrive, no SUNROOF => then how much discount off your price etc etc.......

PM me, I can share more....

Don't Worry, many E92's here from PI's and quite a few from VINCAR.......

Congrats on the E92!

Perhaps we can catch up at the meet up this Sunday as well.

Always glad to help......

Cheers!

huh? 34,000km for 1st servicing.. I faint ...

Thanks thats quite reassuring. You are also servicing with MBM? are they good? how do they compare with PML? and how long do i have to wait for the car to clear customs?

Did you fit the M-sports kit?

thks

:ultrasho: I should have done 7 times already.. including 1st 1000km servicing.. if I use science and knowledge.. the oil will become a lot thicker at 34000km.. making Lor Mee ah?

18000rpm;496977 said:
I have a 323i and according to the car's service interval indicator, my first oil change is not due until 34000 km and 1.5 years after purchase.

Is that correct?? Seems really long.

Nightwind;513751 said:
Thanks thats quite reassuring. You are also servicing with MBM? are they good? how do they compare with PML? and how long do i have to wait for the car to clear customs?

Did you fit the M-sports kit?

thks

Hey Nightwind

OK, what I do at MBM during servicing is I will stand at the side to watch how the Mech handles my ride.

Before the service, I will request to the Service Manager in charge for the day to assign someone who knows how to handle BMW's. If you can be there to see how the Mech works, you will know if he is accustomed to handling BMW's. Little things like knowing how to release the oil pressure properly before draining the oil etc etc......

If in doubt, Stop him politely and talk to the Service Manager.

MBM handles quite a number of E92 from VINCAR, so not too bad.....

How do they compare to PML, you ask?

I really don't know how PML handle the cars....cos I had some bad experience with them during the 5 yrs I owned my e46......
Examples:
- Paintwork scratched NUMEROUS times during servicing
- Thing not fixed properly after change of parts causing rattles
- Interior stained during servicing
etc etc.............

With MBM, at least I can stand there and MONITOR the whole process. :thumbsup:

Ok, my car was already sitting in Singapore when I bought it so I really don't know about the customs part......

My M-Aero Kit including Front Lip add-on, Whole rear Bumper replacement to M-Aero Bumper, M3 bootlip spoiler etc etc was done after I bought the car....

You can PM me for more info if it's not convenient to ask here....

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks i am ok with sharing the discussion with other brothers who may benefit from your wisdom

Let me first of all confirm YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT 100% ABOUT PML. Those mother fuckers did not fix the car properly so many times after "servicing" the car had many problems. Then when you bring it back they charge you somemore.

I suspect that they do this purposely in order to get income on the side. The last time i went there i was hoping mad. They "repaired" the vehicle for oil leaks twice. After collection there was alot of rattling noise and leakage. 3 days later my e90 had smoke coming out of the engine and they towed it back to PML

Then they did not tell me the charges even when i told them i would not pay as its part of the origiginal repair. They only told me damage came to 1k plus when i was there. I refused to pay and aske them to dismantle the car and take out what they put in. I asked for a breakdown of the cost. Out of the 1k, LABOUR COST ACCOUNTED FOT $650/- and Parts accounted for less then $300/-!!!

Imagine! Less then 30% of the bill goes to actual parts for the car. The other 65% is to feed PML. I finally agreed to settle for the cost of the parts (SGD350).

I will never go back to them again. Neither will i ever buy a car direct from them. These leeches feed off the propaganda that buying from PML and having a PML service warranty means something. Its actually useless. I'd rather pay $30-$40k less and buy from reliable PI with a good outside workshop as service provider.

nightwind;513905 said:
i will never go back to them again. Neither will i ever buy a car direct from them. These leeches feed off the propaganda that buying from pml and having a pml service warranty means something. Its actually useless. I'd rather pay $30-$40k less and buy from reliable pi with a good outside workshop as service provider.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I quite worried now. After paying 10k deposit the PI wants me to pay balance when the car is not even here!!!

Isnt balance payment on delivery the market practise?

can any bros pls comment? thks

If the PI really want you to pay remaining now, that is weird.
Maybe you can 'trick' the PI and tell them you decide to take up a bank loan instead of paying full cash.
When the car arrived and ready for registration, then say you decided to pay cash again.

I would be worried, as this PI seems to give the wrong idea that they needed your money to roll their cash flow!

kiss29;515592 said:
If the PI really want you to pay remaining now, that is weird.
Maybe you can 'trick' the PI and tell them you decide to take up a bank loan instead of paying full cash.
When the car arrived and ready for registration, then say you decided to pay cash again.

I would be worried, as this PI seems to give the wrong idea that they needed your money to roll their cash flow!
+1. no reason why u need to pay in full b4 car arrives.

Now car is here in show room but is it normal for PI to ask for balance payment before registration of vehicle?

I thought the market norm was balance payment upon delivery of vehicle?

Nightwind;515608 said:
Now car is here in show room but is it normal for PI to ask for balance payment before registration of vehicle?

I thought the market norm was balance payment upon delivery of vehicle?
for PML that was the case. paid whatever cash i was suppose to pay based on my loan tenor b4 was registered. but that was PML.

Slater;515629 said:
for PML that was the case. paid whatever cash i was suppose to pay based on my loan tenor b4 was registered. but that was PML.

Thanks Slater this is of great help. at least now i know this is the norm. thanks alot. I will make the balance payment and get a receipt.

Thanks for all your support

Nightwind;515679 said:
Thanks Slater this is of great help. at least now i know this is the norm. thanks alot. I will make the balance payment and get a receipt.

Thanks for all your support
shld be ok la. since car lai liao can feel can touch, u can just pay remaining in full.

have fun with ur new ride!

Slater;515682 said:
shld be ok la. since car lai liao can feel can touch, u can just pay remaining in full.

have fun with ur new ride!

Thanks, er now i have to tell my wife and my folks and in lawys....man....this is going to hurt....i wll be the most unpopular person in town....

Hi Slater i collected my new ride and she looks great. Only problem is that the silly PI went to put their name on the number plate.

I am told we can easily remove this? Are there any workshops in Sin Ming that can do this for me?

Also, is the engine of the new car already seasoned and runned in? Or do i need to limit my rpms below say 3000 for the 1st mnth?

Thks

Nightwind;516702 said:
Hi Slater i collected my new ride and she looks great. Only problem is that the silly PI went to put their name on the number plate.

I am told we can easily remove this? Are there any workshops in Sin Ming that can do this for me?

Also, is the engine of the new car already seasoned and runned in? Or do i need to limit my rpms below say 3000 for the 1st mnth?

Thks
i posted the answer in another thread. but here gos again.

go watsons and guardian buy surgical alcohol, pour on clean cloth and wipe on the name, the printing will come off easily and cleanly.

cars r supposedly factory ran in. but alot of us here still keep in under 3000 rpm for the 1st 5000km. i kept it below 2800rpm for the 1 yr 4 months i owned the car! hahahaah

Nightwind;516054 said:
Thanks, er now i have to tell my wife and my folks and in lawys....man....this is going to hurt....i wll be the most unpopular person in town....
why? u r paying not them yeah? u only live once, go for it. just make sure its within means.

Thanks Slater.....did u fit in full M Aero Kit and also lower the suspension? Somehow my new ride looks sort of incomplete.....:(

Nightwind;516939 said:
Thanks Slater.....did u fit in full M Aero Kit and also lower the suspension? Somehow my new ride looks sort of incomplete.....:(
nah. the trade in price i got for my bumper was shite! i added front CF splitters to my oem bumper. think all u need to do is slap on a set of nice 19" wheels to make ur ride more agreesive. to be honest if u wanna spend on one thing to make ur bimmer aggressive its the rims. a nice set will make all the diff. rest of the accesories r up to u

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88diy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back