First time car service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First time car service

Top Tec 5W/40.
Running alright. Feel little difference but seems cooler.

superdoonga;937450 said:
Which Liqui Moly are you using Bro? I use the cleaners and additive. Have not tried the engine oil

speedyj;944550 said:
so should i change oil at 2000km? which oil is better?

mine now is 2500, already has booked an appointment for service on this coming saturday. Bringing my own mobilone gold sync oil 0-50.

Hi Bro, heard from some old bird telling me that using engine oil 15w50 will be good for our car.. Will be more powerful.. Can fly... Hahah...Any idea of it? Curently using OWS 5w50 for my first servicing.. Any bro can advice...

that old bird must be driving a very old car..haha

its for Turbo cars more

fl1725;945920 said:
I did my first service according to BMW recommendation... 12000 km.
No problem.

Problem is when you accumulate sludge which you cant get rid off, your car will shut down from low oil pressure... similiar to a heart attack...

I did 2 oil changes by the time i got my car in for the first official service. Dun copy me. I just boliao. Hehe.

just had mine first service at 8000km PML Alexandra..notice after servicing the ride is smoother n no jerking feeling when gear change

Meek;945924 said:
Problem is when you accumulate sludge which you cant get rid off, your car will shut down from low oil pressure... similiar to a heart attack...

I did 2 oil changes by the time i got my car in for the first official service. Dun copy me. I just boliao. Hehe.

Engine Oil?

Meek;947754 said:
err? of course engine oil. not cooking oil.

hahaha...got alot of oils in the car mah...i store olive oil also sometimes.
anyway, am curious, you top up your engine oil each time or you chnage? Are you using Castrol? OWS? Shell?

First time car service

kevinbmw;947760 said:
hahaha...got alot of oils in the car mah...i store olive oil also sometimes.
anyway, am curious, you top up your engine oil each time or you chnage? Are you using Castrol? OWS? Shell?

fuiyoh. you making salad in your car meh? olive oil? extra virgin or not?

i change oil (dunno? isnt that wot an oil change is about?) and change filter la.

i use whatever oils that fulfills the bmw LL01 or LL04 standards.... that is used by the workshop i go to. in the last 2 cases Q8 engine oil. i change oil so fast. no biggie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meek;947768 said:

i change oil (dunno? isnt that wot an oil change is about?) and change filter la.

i use whatever oils that fulfills the bmw LL01 or LL04 standards.... that is used by the workshop i go to. in the last 2 cases Q8 engine oil. i change oil so fast. no biggie.

I see...ya was checking my engine oil level yday and noted it is at its half mark..then realised i am about 2k km more to my 10k servicing mark.

First time car service

well, i am changing oil frequently and i am not losing much oil at all.

Just serviced my car at its first 2500km with mobil one gold full sync. For bringing in my own oil, PML charged me $96 plus car wash, filter replacement, diagnostic checking and free food & kopi (mee hoon, siew meh, fish ball, cakes , fried wanton...... ). they closed after 12pm on sat...

First time car service

marcus28;947792 said:
Just serviced my car at its first 2500km with mobil one gold full sync. For bringing in my own oil, PML charged me $96 plus car wash, filter replacement, diagnostic checking and free food & kopi (mee hoon, siew meh, fish ball, cakes , fried wanton...... ). they closed after 12pm on sat...

looks like you had a buffet! lol.

Meek;947768 said:

I see...ya was checking my engine oil level yday and noted it is at its half mark..then realised i am about 2k km more to my 10k servicing mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haha777uk
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back