Fishy Smell

stanleyfu

Hi All,

My previous rides gave me some fishy smell.. when I on the car in the morning... Now i am into the 4th month of my ride..

I am starting to be anxious and I want to prevent that..

What are the measures to prevent that?

Regards,
Stanley!

Re: Fishy Smell

Gees man, you're asking to be made fun of :p

Is it a smell from the aircon or..? Do you have any other specifics?

Did you happen to step on some dirty water (near market or roadside) or had a wet umbrella inside your car for sometime due to the rainy weather ?
That might be a possible cause. You could try spraying some of those de-odourising air freshners and drive with your windows open for awhile.
Cheers!

are u a fish?hahaha jkjk..
eh put pandan leaves in the car..learn that from taxi driver..

Buy one durian, leave it overnight in the car and fishy smell will be gone. Then next day, open your windows wide wide to let the durian smell out....swee2x...

stanleyfu said:
Hi All,

My previous rides gave me some fishy smell.. when I on the car in the morning... Now i am into the 4th month of my ride..

Regards,
Stanley!

Avoid doing any fishy business in the car. Do it with the windows down if you have to.

stanleyfu said:
Hi All,

Regards,
Stanley!
good chance it's the aircon.
some condensation with bacteria building in the system thingy.
put your ride under the hot sun, use re-circulation mode, maintain your aircon but sending it to workshop to clean on periodic basis, should help.

another cheaper way is, use cloth peg to clip your nose lor
or better still, use ear plugs and stuff them in your nose, also can.
the ear plugs is oso another method to solve noise problems.
cheap and effective, swee 2x:lol2:

I spray Sterbac into the car with the air con running and leave it for 2~3 minutes before I knock off for the day. Then switch off the car engine and go home. Next morning, no smell liao. Only need to do this about 6 ~ 8 months once.

Stanley,

I have a suggestion. Try using some form of dehumidifier, such as those disposable ones sold in supermarket (Thirsty Hippo) or something.

I had the same concerns thus I switched to 3M-replica mats (instead of stock valour mats) and placed some disposable dehumidifier packets in the car. Within a day, you can see how much vapour gets soaked up - same thing for the boot.

Cheers.

Yeah.. The aircon will gives off fishy smell. Sheezee!

I bought a thirsty hippo. Thats why my mechanic recommends as well. BTW, do not spray anything into the aircon duct. My friend did it to his bmw, and the spray spoils his bmw radio board. Hehhehehe

Cheers!

3 solutions I can think of:

(1) One forumer (Piggyboz, if I am not wrong) had previously suggested switching your air con to heater mode and full-blast for some time to kill the bacteria causing the odour;

(2) Buy some carbon (not in the raw form) to absorb odour. You can get these in DIY shops, Autobacs ......

(3) There is a company doing recyling of air in the air-con system. They basically "flush" and cycle the air within the aircon system, and remove all the bacteria which causes odour. It was highlighted in one edition if the HOTSTUFF magazine. Effectiveness unknown, though.

I will like to recommend 3 items to get ride of odour smell.....
CarPlan Stop Odour Air Con Cleaner & Purifier.....to clean your air con
Charcoal Car Freshener to Eliminate bad smell.......
Plug in an Air Ionizer....strong function of sterilization & detoxification & deodorization
pb200041zi1.jpg

Check out this @ EssoMobil Fairprice Xpress & Cheers Petrol Kiosk

stanleyfu;119200 said:
Hi All,

Regards,
Stanley!

Is it because you buy fishy at the market? It must be related to what you put in the car cos the past 4 cars I have owned got no fishy smell.

Do you know the root cause?

Recently the rainy weather has made my boot wet (because of me putting in and taking out the umbrella..

After 2 days, it stank like mad because of the collection of water in the boot area. It was becoming so bad that the smell was getting into the cabin of the car.

Placed 2 thirsty hippo containers in the boot and cabin, and within a day, the smell cleared up (also placed deos behind my seat). I think in our humid and warm atmosphere, bacterial and mould grow freaking fast...

lately raining everyday, is it water leak onto ur carpet?
did anyone in forum lend ur car - like hitmee, terry or bobby??

stanleyfu;119200 said:
Hi All,

Regards,
Stanley!

Hi Bro Stanley,

OT abit, your rims is 18" or 19"???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nice88netph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups