Fresh grads expect higher salary, faster promotion: survey

Re: Fresh grads expect higher salary, faster promotion: survey

Terry;874514 said:
they are dreaming...i am fresh grad and i cant find a job that pays me 3k....
join me, guaranteed 3K and apply PR for you. Full comm with year end bonus. i am serious.

The question to ask is, what makes them think they are worth the $3k they are asking for? What have they every done to prove that they are worth the money?

iScoupe;875058 said:
join me, guaranteed 3K and apply PR for you. Full comm with year end bonus. i am serious.

3k a month... thats average $100 / day for 1 month....if Terry screws up at work... iscoupe will screw tarik his backside.... (pun and literal meaning INTENDED)....

year end.... got bonus and full comm to take...sart....

very serious...!

MRacer77;875071 said:
The question to ask is, what makes them think they are worth the $3k they are asking for? What have they every done to prove that they are worth the money?

doesnt work this way...
the current market price for these fresh graduates have risen to 3k, due to unavailability of these resources at this level. the fresh graduates also do some surveys with they frens and career office... just like rentals and coe prices... not about what it is worth. more of demand and supply determining the price.

its driven up the costs of operations... fees and others have not gone up much... hence, the squeeze on those who do take up the job has gone up so much. even the senior managers, directors and partners are working hours like no tomorrow just to ensure that the quality is not compromised. the outputs from these fresh graduates are really not satisfactory. they cant write properly, cant count, dun want to do faxing, photocopying and filing... insisting this is beneath them.

why are they like that? cause the parents and the schools pamper them so much... sigh.

Meek;875089 said:
doesnt work this way...
the current market price for these fresh graduates have risen to 3k, due to unavailability of these resources at this level. the fresh graduates also do some surveys with they frens and career office... just like rentals and coe prices... not about what it is worth. more of demand and supply determining the price.

its driven up the costs of operations... fees and others have not gone up much... hence, the squeeze on those who do take up the job has gone up so much. even the senior managers, directors and partners are working hours like no tomorrow just to ensure that the quality is not compromised. the outputs from these fresh graduates are really not satisfactory. they cant write properly, cant count, dun want to do faxing, photocopying and filing... insisting this is beneath them.

why are they like that? cause the parents and the schools pamper them so much... sigh.

in a way, i agree with what you say, but still one cant help but wonder why we are paying S$3k for people who can't as you say, do anything right? I have a couple of interns right now who cant even string together a single proper sentence? I might write badly cause this is a forum or cause i am lazy but these kids write badly as a lifestyle.

MRacer77;875098 said:
in a way, i agree with what you say, but still one cant help but wonder why we are paying S$3k for people who can't as you say, do anything right? I have a couple of interns right now who cant even string together a single proper sentence? I might write badly cause this is a forum or cause i am lazy but these kids write badly as a lifestyle.

if those interns cant write or speak properly, then must be chio. if not then blame management for not having QC..

i tried hiring chio ones before....

one was admitted to psychiatric ward for stress. when she came back, she warned me of her condition... lucky that one resigned.

the next one was a prima donna. blond as hell. came in one evening crying cos she overheard ppl gossiping about her. dunno how to do stare at the same page for 2 days. annoyed the rest of the staff by asking personal questions like, "are you gay?" and tried flirting with clients. i benched her in the office. luckily that one resigned also... to join a beauty pageant which she did not reach the finals. last heard, she was modelling underwear in sungai wang, in bukit bintang... and selling chocolates on line. sigh.

tried leng chais... also kennot make it. ni do homework. 3 assignments halfway hang... that one got taken off an overseas assignment. transferred to another team after threatening to resign! wahlao.

chio ones? yeah. there is a view that they seem smarter and make more money....

got good got bad, but are there bosses who have hired CMI FT?

Terry can't be hired cos drives a super sart car.... better than most MDs in their mercedes S class.....

Luckily, i only hire experience person to work. The only inexperience ppl i need to hire is INTERN.

Meek;875144 said:
i tried hiring chio ones before....

the next one was a prima donna. blond as hell. came in one evening crying cos she overheard ppl gossiping about her. dunno how to do stare at the same page for 2 days. annoyed the rest of the staff by asking personal questions like, "are you gay?" and tried flirting with clients. i benched her in the office. luckily that one resigned also... to join a beauty pageant which she did not reach the finals. last heard, she was modelling underwear in sungai wang, in bukit bintang... and selling chocolates on line. sigh.

oh that sounds familiar.. i used to have a "chio" colleague that fits that description.

ask her to do spot fx, keep quoting wrong side, always give money to clients. then she slept with the middle boss coz he promised her "promotion". then when she found out he made the same promise to 2 other "not-so chio" colleagues, she whistleblow to HR and got everyone fired. then she resigned. oh btw, she used to fly for some airline..

jasonmaxima;875156 said:
Terry can't be hired cos drives a super sart car.... better than most MDs in their mercedes S class.....

He have to act blur.. Say at night he part time driver.

MRacer77;875071 said:
what makes them think they are worth the $3k they are asking for?
reports like these on main stream media

feynman82 said:
oh that sounds familiar.. i used to have a "chio" colleague that fits that description.

ask her to do spot fx, keep quoting wrong side, always give money to clients. then she slept with the middle boss coz he promised her "promotion". then when she found out he made the same promise to 2 other "not-so chio" colleagues, she whistleblow to HR and got everyone fired. then she resigned. oh btw, she used to fly for some airline..

Sounds very familar in money broking lines. Heard stories like these a lot from ICAP and Tradition.

Meek;875089 said:
doesnt work this way...

got to bring along their maids to do all the faxing...........probably they prefer Whatsapp?? no?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Last edited by a moderator:

Is 3k a lot? i duno cos i dun hire graduates. But i remember when i graduated in 1998 from NUS, my starting pay was $2300
as a Software engineer, so by our inflation rate, it can't be lesser rite? Dun get me wrong, i am not advocating higher salary, infact
i only hire cheap labour preferably males without reservist liabilty nor females who are done with babies.

A PE intern teacher with 2nd Upp Hons already earns 3.8k already. By the time he completes his trg he will hit 4.3k. Scholars re given annual bonus of 6k on top of normal bonus for being in scholars scheme.

if not working for govt (ie: school), company has to pay the extra $6k?

A PE intern teacher with 2nd Upp Hons already earns 3.8k already. By the time he completes his trg he will hit 4.3k. Scholars re given annual bonus of 6k on top of normal bonus for being in scholars scheme.

once got into scholar scheme, it's like travelling on "SSE" the super-sonic-expressway
below 40 could be minister liao :thumbsup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8kbetch4
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back