Front lower control arm

naan1974

Last week, a mechanic mentioned my front lower control arms are damaged
while doing alignment but told me it's not critical. Can't really comprehend that,
seriously what's the effect of a damaged front lower arm

Re: Front lower control arm

The arm itself or the bushing?

You will experience shaking/vibration and/or loose steering feel. Alignment numbers on camber/castor/toe might be off.

i just changed mine...if you need to know the price and where to buy...let me know....

When you brake, you may hear knocking sound from your lower control arms. You may also get uneven tire wear. Usually its the bushings that wears out first but I had to replace the whole control arm on my E60.

Currently no noise is heard, but does feel slight vibrations on steering when fully turn when stationary.
The mechanic did mentioned the bushing is worn but told me replacement is for entire set
which is both arms per side.

thanks guys!

Just changed mine last month at PML .. Luckily still under warranty .. Heng

How can worn bushes not affect the car? That is like saying wheel alignment is not necessary. Wheels just about pointing straight ahead can already.....

4 things NEVER ever to save on.... Tires, Suspension, Brakes and Steering..... All these can mean life and death....Engine dun start just means must take taxi and curse the luck.... Any of the 4 things fail at speed means better faster recollect if you have done enough good deeds in your entire life.......

i totally agree with R2D... thats why..when W/S told me 2X lower arms got problem...i quickly change all the 4s....cos safety is the top-priority....:D

chuenchie;1013698 said:
Hi can share whatvus the damage for the replacment. Thks.

Original - $940
German OEM - $820

Price for 4 lower control arms
Both nett inclusive installation. 3-4 hr job.

You did any alignment after that ?

naan1974;1014607 said:
Original - $940
German OEM - $820

Any workshops to recommend to change the lower arm? My e60 about due already.

I was advised during my recent servicing to change control arm bushes. Not mentioned front or rear, but was given an approx quote of $490. Anyone has done similar replacement recently?

ibanez said:

Any workshop on the panel. R2D, BVO......

pohls said:
I was advised during my recent servicing to change control arm bushes. Not mentioned front or rear, but was given an approx quote of $490. Anyone has done similar replacement recently?

Check part number and what does $490 include. Front bushings, rear bushings, or F&R, any other parts included? Labour in?

Then reference against realoem.com

pohls;1014822 said:

Actually I was first told the front bush were worn, then right arm was damaged as well.
In the end I changed everything. It always cheaper to change the entire module then
individual part especially when they break down 1 after another , each time you have pay
for labor and the pain of going back so often.

ibanez;1014735 said:

Other the pricing I mentioned for original and OEM, someone told me he actually brought from stockist
at $480 for 4 arms and install at workshop, which of course you must pay them for some labor cost.

Hi,

May i know which workshop you go to for the change? And also around what milleage you change them? Thanks.

naan1974;1014607 said:
Original - $940
German OEM - $820

naan1974;1032429 said:
You 've got PM

Hi bro,

Recently I have the front control arm wearing out inform by pml, but I think their price is unreasonable. Lucky I saw your post. Can u share with me where u did the repair? Can I have their address and contact? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back