fuel consumption

iniyan

Hi all, just got my 320 last fri with 18in rims.
im currently getting around 7.8km per litre . does anybody have a similar setup ? how much better will the fuel consumption get ? Also how long does it take for the fuel consumption to stabilise ? thanks

Re: fuel consumption

I getting around 9 km per litre w my 18. The consumption metre steady at 10.9 litre per 100 km for the last 2 months or so.

I have been monitoring the FC on my 318 for some time now and i am only getting about 8.5km per litre (11.7 litre per 100km). I think it's pretty bad for a valvetronic... plus i am not a heavy footed driver and doing 70/30 highway and city driving. But then again, I think we cannot consider CTE as a highway anymore. keke!

Was wondering if different petrol and grades makes any difference? I am currently using Caltex, switching between 95 and 98.

i am on 18" rim E90 320i, 9.8 L/km full tank about 500+km. 50/50 city/expressway.

Hi

I am doing about 8km/litre for 50/50 (highway/city) driving. I am driving a 7-yr old E46 318i 1898cc engine.
Used to get about 10km when I was having my 16" rims. Now I am using a 17" rims with RunFlat tyres. Thot it was the RunFlat tyres as I understand that they are very heavy and loud. But guess what, after changing to Michelin Pilot Preceda, though it is much quieter now, I am still getting about the same mileages ( 8km per litre for a 50/50(highway/city) driving. Quite disappointed as I thot after changing to a lighter tyres that my FC would be slighter better. :mad

For my ride...E46 320.....2172cc...18" rim.........9.8km/liter..Full tank 500+km....with tyre pressure.....250Kpa front...300Kpa rear...........

When tyre pressure with 230Kpa front and rear.....can mange to done 7.8km/liter only.........I guess the tyre pressure to affect the fuel concumption......

ykh1 said:
For my ride...E46 320.....2172cc...18" rim.........9.8km/liter..Full tank 500+km....with tyre pressure.....250Kpa front...300Kpa rear...........

When tyre pressure with 230Kpa front and rear.....can mange to done 7.8km/liter only.........I guess the tyre pressure to affect the fuel concumption......

I m driving the same ride but i have never see 470km before the low fuel light. So is ur figure from full tank till light on or till almost dry? Driving style counts but i m not the heavy foot kind. May be you r very right the tyre pressure really make a diff got to check it out

i've been driving the 320i E90 for slightly more than a month now, mileage is about 1500km, the meter shows 11.7L/100km, doing about 50/50 highway/city. hope it can improve as it goes along. i'm not a heavy footer.

E90 320i, mileage 19k already. stock 16" rim with run flat. front tire 230 kpa and 210 kps rear. currently doing 9.9 L/100km. 60% highway.

Mistake in last post, Front tire 210 kpa and rear tire 230 kpa. Thanks to BMW110 for pointing that out. Cheers.

My 50,000km 3.5yr old E46 318i usually does 530-550km b4 the fuel lights up.
Think the fuel consumption's pretty good. Mix-driving. 60%Highway 40%city.

For all friends who have posted FC figures, what does your OBC read in avg speed travelled? this is a more accurate measure then say 60/40 highway/city. If avg speed is lower, say 25km\h, FC might be higher due to that, but car's performance and efficentcy are fine.

good point there opvaulet, my consumption is 11.7L/100km and my average speed is about 32.5km/h.

My consumption (318 - 1.9 L) is 11.7L/100km but average speed much lower about 28.5km/h.

opvaulet said:
For all friends who have posted FC figures, what does your OBC read in avg speed travelled? this is a more accurate measure then say 60/40 highway/city. If avg speed is lower, say 25km\h, FC might be higher due to that, but car's performance and efficentcy are fine.

The OBC reading for FC also not very reliable one. Best check is do a full tank, drive till light come on, note down how many km clocked and then divide by the litres of petrol pumped. Then top up again and run another tank and do the same calculation when the light comes on.

Most people's OBC show a better FC than the actual FC. My OBC always show about 9.5 L/100lm when actual is 7L/100km.

My FC is presently 13.8l/10km, avg spd 32km/hr, approx 30/70% highway/city. 18" rims, throttle device. Ride is E46 320i. Was averaging about 12.8l/100km before on 16". Now maybe foot a bit heavier with throttle device. I believe throttle device will give (slightly) higher FC with more city driving, with more highway may not have difference.

T6 is right about OBC giveing better FC, but mine is always only 2% better. 9.5 vs 7.0 is more like 20% and that's alot. Your ride wants to make you happy and drive more. Yr FC so good meh? I though it's more like 7km/lit?

I don't really monitor just do a quick calculation when I top up the fuel. It's about 7.5km per litre for city driving and about 10km per litre for expressway and 12.3km per litre in north south expressway in malaysia. It's a 2 litre 318 valvetronic and it's about 2 years old currently @ 29,000km. I don't really bother about fuel consumption not because I'm rich but I used to have a 1.5 Nissan Sunny that consumed petrol like nobody business. So I am already used to it.

For those who wish to save on petrol cost, suggest to switch to toyota altis which can do 14-15km per litre.

Hi ! blueangel.

My previous car was Nissan Sunny 1.6SS too. This crap Sunny has no power and consumed almost same as my current 318i Valvetronic.

After 2 years, I still look forward to drive my 318i every morning :)

Yes, my brother used to own a Toyota Corolla 1.5XL.
Full tank can drive for 650KM to 700KM :) Unbelievable.

So actually your FC's, based on the avg speed you travel, is not too bad. The lower your avg speed, the more the car's weight will factor into the FC. My e34 does about 7.5km/l, but I have no OBC (they were quite inaccurate anyway). I was told merc C180 twinpulse has excellent FC.

I'm driving a 1991 E34 with stock rims and michelin 65 tires and doing between 7-8 km/l. That doesn't sound right does it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back