G30 owners please fall in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kelvin and Mark, just curious, when changing your rims, is there a need to replace the TPMS sensors as well? I guess there are 4 in total or can the TPMS sensors be brought over from the old wheels? Attached are some pics of the sensors and not sure if its on the G30 in Singapore?[/QUOTE]

Wow...this is something new to me[emoji23] current F10 doesn't have this. I will check and see is this TPMS sensor valid in SG. Thanks for the feedback.

Hope can add me in although I'm not in SG.
G30 530i M Sport, April 2017, Bluestone Metallic, Black Int w/ Rhombicle Aluminium

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3644eee0f3378f0d6682d353b6d170e8.jpg

I like your aluminum window trim! Personally feel Black high gloss window trim looks a bit cheap.

What size are your rims?

I got $1.6k for trading in the stock 20" BMW Individual rims.

Hi Alphua, you change your rims, any comment on the TPMS sensor mentioned by Hohlim?

Anyone have experience on this?

Last edited:
Hi Alphua, you change your rims, any comment on the TPMS sensor mentioned by Hohlim?

Anyone have experience on this?

I did a quick search online and the difference between TPMS and non TPMS is (the valve stem is the place where air is put into the tyre) that TPMS has a metallic valve stem and non TPMS has a rubber valve stem. For those who have received their G30s, they can check but I am pretty sure that the G30s come with TPMS as the pressure is constantly measured and also because I took some snap shots of my brothers G12 and my mums Golf and the comparisons are attached. Would appreciate if you guys could comment what does yours look like?

Attachments

• differences between rubber and steel valve stems.jpg
    differences between rubber and steel valve stems.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 346
I did a quick search online and the difference between TPMS and non TPMS is (the valve stem is the place where air is put into the tyre) that TPMS has a metallic valve stem and non TPMS has a rubber valve stem. For those who have received their G30s, they can check but I am pretty sure that the G30s come with TPMS as the pressure is constantly measured and also because I took some snap shots of my brothers G12 and my mums Golf and the comparisons are attached. Would appreciate if you guys could comment what does yours look like?

Thanks!

I won't have the G30 till end of the year so i can't completely be sure...but please do share what yours looks like when it arrives...thanks!

10ddab6a6c3c9a19fbc377549eeb6582.jpg

This is how mine look like, I guess it's direct TPMS. Anyway when my rims arrive I will double confirm and update you all.

Oh okay.
You need to go to bmw-connecteddrive.sg.
Sign in to your account.
Purchase BMW Premium Package. (From what i know of, 1st 3 yrs is free. Subsequently every 3 yrs is around $400. The Invoice might says Unlimited Duration but it's an error)
After that, You can follow this video that need to check the box in the vehicle.

For Both GPS Tracking and Remote 3D View :
USE @ Your own risk. Because if your wife knows your acct. She can track u!! HAHA

Please take note that only iPhone can view the 3D remote from your mobile phone. Samsung does not support this 3D view function.

You need to set up just 1 account but can access from any mobile phone using same ID and password.

Cheers.

Please take note that only iPhone can view the 3D remote from your mobile phone. Samsung does not support this 3D view function.

You need to set up just 1 account but can access from any mobile phone using same ID and password.

Cheers.

Does this work on every 530i or is this a special add-on?

I think the car must have the 360 car camera function in order for this to be available. PML cars all have I think.

Must have connected drive also.

Thanks!

I could be wrong here but just a guess...besides 360 camera and bmw connected drive,the car would need remote services (i think PML calls it remote 3D view) which my PI car does not come specified with. If my guess is correct, prospective owners who would want this would have to specify for remote sevices in their car. I will try my luck with Elebest when my car arrives. Nice function but did not do enough homework. Thanks New5 for informing.

Attachments

• PML 530i.jpg
    PML 530i.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 354
  • PML 540i.jpg
    PML 540i.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 20170601_194425.jpg
    20170601_194425.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 254
Hi,

PML 530i Lux model comes with park assist, which include the 360 deg view around your car. You can choose to view the car when it is in parked position using fingers gesture control or touch screen.

For mobile connect, you need set up an account with BMW Int. which PML SE will gladly assist you to set up at no cost. Its an account registered to your car and your name. Once its set up, you can use the BMW app and do some remote things to your car, like unlock and set map destinations and a few more.

The app also allow you to use 3D view to see the surroundings of your car but like I mentioned, only iPhone can support this function. But iPhone cannot be use for the wireless charging that comes with 530i. Most latest Samsung hp has wireless charging features, some old models does not.

Another feature is hp mirroring which this new Idrive can support. Samsung S7 has this mirroring feature that comes with the phone. Basically you pair your phone to your car Idrive and bingo, you hp is seen on the wide screen and you can access your hp on the touchscreen of your car.

Hope the above is helpful to all new 530i owners.

Cheers

PS. Use 1 finger gesture to answer incoming phone call, in case you don't know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philaphotocom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back