G30 owners please fall in!

We have an official G30///SG club.
This is an exclusive chat group for Singapore G30 owners only. We discuss topics about mods and other stuff mostly car related in the chat, do regular meet up and night drives.

https://www.facebook.com/G30Singapore/

Pls PM us at FB if you are keen to join our chat. We look forward to welcoming you Have a wonderful day
Hi, I have a F10 and have just signed for the new G30. Can I be a part of the WhatsApp group for the G30.

Wondering if anyone having same issues with the Aircon like mine which needs to always set the aircon to 19degC or below to coldness? Secondly when it was set to “Auto” above 22degC, there was hot air from legroom area. Is this a norm for G30? Cos I rem my E92 doesn’t have this issue before and able to set at 24degC even during hot weather.

Approached PML but they said it’s like for all bimmers...

20 and above will not be cold.
I take this as a flaw with G30.
Again, some might say coldness depends on individual's perspective.

Wondering if anyone having same issues with the Aircon like mine which needs to always set the aircon to 19degC or below to coldness? Secondly when it was set to “Auto” above 22degC, there was hot air from legroom area. Is this a norm for G30? Cos I rem my E92 doesn’t have this issue before and able to set at 24degC even during hot weather.

Approached PML but they said it’s like for all bimmers...

Hi,

I would suggest not to set to "Auto" for air conditioning. It tends to blow out hot air due to our climate. Unless you want to use the new ambience mode which comes in the latest LCI model, then again, it will prompt you to put air con on "Auto".

Having said that, my experience with my previous 2017 G30 has no issue with the air con even when I set it at 23/24. It was great.

But, with the latest G30 LCI collected 2 weeks ago, I had to set at 20/21 to get a good feel of cold air. Seems like the LCI version air con is "weaker" or was it due to new design of Mild Hybrid? Anyone here, who collected the latest LCI version has the same situation?

Cheers

Just collected my G30 luxury line, 3 weeks ago. I noticed that at traffic light stops, the air conditioning seems to lose power. Is there a setting that can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Just collected my G30 luxury line, 3 weeks ago. I noticed that at traffic light stops, the air conditioning seems to lose power. Is there a setting that can fix this? Thanks in advance.
Is it the Start-Stop function? Normally when start-stop is activated in non-moving situations, the engine will switch off, including air con, just the fan, to save on petrol

G30 LCI Left passenger floor board vibration during low rpm acceleration. Any fellow owners have similar experience?

Seems i got an extra option.... a foot massenger!

Hi Guys

just bought a brand new 5.20i, luxury line.

but it came with a problem. The car vibrates extremely between 120-150km/h

Back to the dealer they are checking the car. Any body has issue before?

I collected mine in May 2021. So far so good. No complaints at high speeds. Very stable. Please update us as to what the issue was. Hope it gets rectified soon

Is it the Start-Stop function? Normally when start-stop is activated in non-moving situations, the engine will switch off, including air con, just the fan, to save on petrol

Just to add on, LCI model does not allow us to cancel auto "start / stop" mode. Unlike the previous G30 model. You can remove this irritating start stop mode. So, when you are in comfort mode, it will switch off engine while you are stationary. This also cut your air con and reduce it to a weak fan speed.

If you want to avoid this, switch to sport mode, in sport mode, auto start stop does not kicks in. To save on petroleum consumption, set your individual sport mode to comfort setting.

Now, you can drive in "comfort setting" without the engine going on and off. Just need to press sport mode once after starting up your car.

Enjoy your LCI. Cheers!

G30 LCI Left passenger floor board vibration during low rpm acceleration. Any fellow owners have similar experience?

Seems i got an extra option.... a foot massenger!

Totally agreed! Never realise it till I sat in the passenger seat one day, think the new design shift the engine compartment to house the 48V battery. You really can feel when the driver accelerates!

I did brought up to PML, as usual, they cant do anything about it.

Just to add on, LCI model does not allow us to cancel auto "start / stop" mode. Unlike the previous G30 model. You can remove this irritating start stop mode. So, when you are in comfort mode, it will switch off engine while you are stationary. This also cut your air con and reduce it to a weak fan speed.

If you want to avoid this, switch to sport mode, in sport mode, auto start stop does not kicks in. To save on petroleum consumption, set your individual sport mode to comfort setting.

Now, you can drive in "comfort setting" without the engine going on and off. Just need to press sport mode once after starting up your car.

Enjoy your LCI. Cheers!
great tip on the work around !

New G30 Owner. Back to driving a BM after 14 years. Switching from W213 and collecting ride Oct 1 from PML. Fingers crossed and hoping Beemer build quality has improved over the years..

Enjoy your LCI. Cheers!

that's why i hate hybrid models. when stopping, it's like engine died. then moving off will depend on the battery. totally devoid of driving pleasure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back