G30 owners please fall in!

I got a G30 as well and I find the doors sounds very flimsy and rattles a little when closing.
F10 doors sounded so much more sturdy with a solid thud.
What do you think guys?

Previous MB W212 owner here. Had my G30 from PML for 2 weeks now. When I set the aircon at 22C (or higher) in auto mode, the air coming out of the rear passenger vents feels warm, like they are slightly heated. Even when set at lower temperatures, the rear air is noticeably warmer than those from the front vents.
Is there something wrong with my aircon?

Previous MB W212 owner here. Had my G30 from PML for 2 weeks now. When I set the aircon at 22C (or higher) in auto mode, the air coming out of the rear passenger vents feels warm, like they are slightly heated. Even when set at lower temperatures, the rear air is noticeably warmer than those from the front vents.
Is there something wrong with my aircon?
Managed to solve the problem after some Googling, not sure why our Sg cars’ aircon are coded as European variants, did the ‘Rest of World’ variant suite of coding and aircon’s very cold now…front and rear.

I got a G30 as well and I find the doors sounds very flimsy and rattles a little when closing.
F10 doors sounded so much more sturdy with a solid thud.
What do you think guys?
Absolutely agreed! Overall quality of material used in the G30 LCI is really poor compare to F10. Do look out for small rattling sound from the doors during drive.

Managed to solve the problem after some Googling, not sure why our Sg cars’ aircon are coded as European variants, did the ‘Rest of World’ variant suite of coding and aircon’s very cold now…front and rear.

Hi, able to share the contact and pricing for this? thanks!

Same here - I was driving the W213 before trading in for the G30 LCI. Even at 24 degrees setting, the air was colder than 22 degrees in the G30 LCI. And when set to Auto mode, the fan speed never goes up beyond 2 bars in the G30, I find myself sweating every time I drive in the afternoon.

Would you please share how you solved the problem? Did PML do the coding for you?

Another question I have is the 48V MH battery. In the Infotainment touch screen that shows the Engine and Battery interaction, the charge level of the MH batt is perpetually at 1 bar. My driving distance is usually 40km (50% urban) but the battery level never goes up beyond the first bar.

Does any one with the LCI model observe the same behaviour?

Thanks

Last edited:
Same here - I was driving the W213 before trading in for the G30 LCI. Even at 24 degrees setting, the air was colder than 22 degrees in the G30 LCI. And when set to Auto mode, the fan speed never goes up beyond 2 bars in the G30, I find myself sweating every time I drive in the afternoon.

Would you please share how you solved the problem? Did PML do the coding for you?

Another question I have is the 48V MH battery. In the Infotainment touch screen that shows the Engine and Battery interaction, the charge level of the MH batt is perpetually at 1 bar. My driving distance is usually 40km (50% urban) but the battery level never goes up beyond the first bar.

Does any one with the LCI model observe the same behaviour?

Thanks
I coded using Bimmercode app (available for iOS & Android) and an OBD dongle bought off Amazon. Googled “bmw LAENDERVARIANTE air conditioner” for instructions.

Alternatively, there are some local service providers on this website advertising their coding services.

I coded using Bimmercode app (available for iOS & Android) and an OBD dongle bought off Amazon. Googled “bmw LAENDERVARIANTE air conditioner” for instructions.

Alternatively, there are some local service providers on this website advertising their coding services.
Thanks Klooless, I watched a few YouTube clips on the biker code you referred to.. do you know if this would affect the warranty on the car?..

yes I am still under the 5 year warranty..

Just emptied my first tank of petrol.. Managed 848km on 67.9 litres of ron95 gas. I probably drove 30% Urban and 70% Highway in the last 5 weeks since collecting the car. 12.5km/l seems decent from a claim of ~16km/l from BMW for the MH G30.

Thanks Klooless, I watched a few YouTube clips on the biker code you referred to.. do you know if this would affect the warranty on the car?..

yes I am still under the 5 year warranty..
It shouldn’t affect warranty. Whatever coding done are fully reversible.

Just emptied my first tank of petrol.. Managed 848km on 67.9 litres of ron95 gas. I probably drove 30% Urban and 70% Highway in the last 5 weeks since collecting the car. 12.5km/l seems decent from a claim of ~16km/l from BMW for the MH G30.
You're driving which variant?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back