G30 owners please fall in!

Hello all, hows everyone long weekend so far...?
Just wondering if any bros here have tried modifying/tuning/putting a different chip on your car? From the US site, G30 owners there have the option of putting in Dinan chip to get simple add-on horsepower. Is it available here in Singapore?

Anyone ever thought to group buy from UK or Australia and then get a local installer to fix it up? 14K is mighty steep.

Hello all, hows everyone long weekend so far...?
Just wondering if any bros here have tried modifying/tuning/putting a different chip on your car? From the US site, G30 owners there have the option of putting in Dinan chip to get simple add-on horsepower. Is it available here in Singapore?
Weekend was good! Went to bkt indah and dinner at gelang batah! I believe many Singaporeans may take chance for a short holiday...
Regarding the piggybacks...The ones i personally heard of are juice box4(JB4) by burger tuning or racechip ultimate. I believe speedhaus has both but maybe you should check with BVO or R2D?
Pls let us know if they don't or a review after doing it?
Be careful of warranty issues too if your ride is a PML car.

Weekend was good! Went to bkt indah and dinner at gelang batah! I believe many Singaporeans may take chance for a short holiday...
Regarding the piggybacks...The ones i personally heard of are juice box4(JB4) by burger tuning or racechip ultimate. I believe speedhaus has both but maybe you should check with BVO or R2D?
Pls let us know if they don't or a review after doing it?
Be careful of warranty issues too if your ride is a PML car.

That's true... rather not jeopardizing the warranty coverage over this...
Thanks bro

Anyone ever thought to group buy from UK or Australia and then get a local installer to fix it up? 14K is mighty steep.
Do you mean having a group buy for Driver Assistance and having it retrofitted? My guess it would be more than 14k to retrofit, 14 K is the price from the factory for a custom build when I was getting quotes from PML. Even then, this option to me is like a sunroof...Exciting to use for the first 20-30 times but the novelty of it wears off after a while.

Do you mean having a group buy for Driver Assistance and having it retrofitted? My guess it would be more than 14k to retrofit, 14 K is the price from the factory for a custom build when I was getting quotes from PML. Even then, this option to me is like a sunroof...Exciting to use for the first 20-30 times but the novelty of it wears off after a while.

Well said and totally agreed about the comparison to usage of sunroof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly. It was more alluding as a question in general for any BMW car part or system that there is sufficient interest (read: volume) to warrant placing a bulk purchase order from overseas sources. This is what I used to do in my previous rides well. Kinda like the AGM battery group buy they got going on.

Not exactly. It was more alluding as a question in general for any BMW car part or system that there is sufficient interest (read: volume) to warrant placing a bulk purchase order from overseas sources. This is what I used to do in my previous rides well. Kinda like the AGM battery group buy they got going on.
Oh...thought u were refering to a group buy specifically for driver assistant plus...

Since we are on the topic of group buys..im curious of the mechanics behind a group buy..
How does 1 initiate it?Any platform for ppl to register?
Suppose the coordinator pays first for everyone?
when do ppl taking part pay him?
What happens if the ppl taking part roti prata?
How does the coordinator distribute the goods?
Risks invloved?
Any advice?

Oh...thought u were refering to a group buy specifically for driver assistant plus...

Since we are on the topic of group buys..im curious of the mechanics behind a group buy..
How does 1 initiate it?Any platform for ppl to register?
Suppose the coordinator pays first for everyone?
when do ppl taking part pay him?
What happens if the ppl taking part roti prata?
How does the coordinator distribute the goods?
Risks invloved?
Any advice?

Wow. Nested question. Based on my past experiences:
1. Focus on the one (or two) things that a good number of people are keen on (e.g. Adaptive LED Headlamps)
2. Use that "assured" volume to discuss with the OEM distributor and/or local distributor - this should be done by at least 2 representatives
3. Once price is negotiated, collect 50%-75% payment from all parties who have cited interest to facilitate ordering - if paid volume is not met, then group buy is cancelled
4. Place order and share shipping information (tracking ID) with all participants
5. Upon delivery, all participants to arrange with the (2) designated representatives or local distributor to collect their order

Do note that sometimes the representatives do enjoy perks or additional benefits as they are assuming a certain amount of risk for paying up the balance in advance to bring the order in. So don't be upset but volunteer to be a rep and put skin in the game if you want those perks!

;)

Wow. Nested question. Based on my past experiences:
1. Focus on the one (or two) things that a good number of people are keen on (e.g. Adaptive LED Headlamps)
2. Use that "assured" volume to discuss with the OEM distributor and/or local distributor - this should be done by at least 2 representatives
3. Once price is negotiated, collect 50%-75% payment from all parties who have cited interest to facilitate ordering - if paid volume is not met, then group buy is cancelled
4. Place order and share shipping information (tracking ID) with all participants
5. Upon delivery, all participants to arrange with the (2) designated representatives or local distributor to collect their order

Do note that sometimes the representatives do enjoy perks or additional benefits as they are assuming a certain amount of risk for paying up the balance in advance to bring the order in. So don't be upset but volunteer to be a rep and put skin in the game if you want those perks!

;)
Sounds simple enough. Can tell u have had experience.Believe the more popular and affordable items would be easier to arrange,like the black kidney grille for example theres the hassle/difficulty in coordinating a group buy if you are not the one operating the business. From Payments to damage/discoloured pieces...too much uncertainty.

Thanks for the info bro

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530I M Sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer - 530i M Sport Mediterranean Blue
24.Twinnie - 530i M Sport Carbon Black
25.Michaelsia - 530i Cashmere Silver

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members