G30 owners please fall in!

Previews[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Incredible!U shd have circle in red what u did bro! Saw u spray the front grille,side brake vents,rear bumper,exhaust tips and even the "530" is done in the same colour as the grey that is on your wheel spokes. Very detailed!
Lower by ard 1" too? Suspect the springs would settle down more?
Hows the ride so far?is it acceptable?

Incredible!U shd have circle in red what u did bro! Saw u spray the front grille,side brake vents,rear bumper,exhaust tips and even the "530" is done in the same colour as the grey that is on your wheel spokes. Very detailed!
Lower by ard 1" too? Suspect the springs would settle down more?
Hows the ride so far?is it acceptable?

You are super observant[emoji4]. Door trimming,the door handle & side mirrors too.[emoji16]
Roughly lowered by about 3/4" only, since only collect today, I guess it will settle further. I am hoping it will go at least 1/2"-1" more[emoji28]
Honestly, it's still very comfortable, let me know if you like to try. My family can't really feel much different on the comfort.[emoji1303]

Last edited:
You are super observant[emoji4]. Door trimming,the door handle & side mirrors too.[emoji16]
Roughly lowered by about 3/4" only, since only collect today, I guess it will settle further. I am hoping it will go at least 1/2"-1" more[emoji28]
Honestly, it's still very comfortable, let me know if you like to try. My family can't really feel much different on the comfort.[emoji1303]

Sui! Definately the way to go - ACS Springs! Thanks!

post-175357-0-87601300-1505019572_thumb.jpg

Can i check with you guys if anyone have any experience when you park the car under the hot sun for a day, you start to drive off and you will hear very loud cracking sound in front? I suspect is the air-con.....any views?

Yes I have this cracking sound as well. I share the same suspicious it is due to the air con.

Sui! Definately the way to go - ACS Springs! Thanks!

Hi Ben, a quick update, after driving for 1 wk the car had lowered by additional 10mm. Now estimates about 1-1/2 - 2 finger gap[emoji4] . Based on my measurements, the lowering kit lowered the ride by 25-30mm. Now ride becomes much stiffer than just collected but I personally felt that it's still acceptable, this time wife and kids felt the different[emoji28] but still within their comfort zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ben, a quick update, after driving for 1 wk the car had lowered by additional 10mm. Now estimates about 1-1/2 - 2 finger gap[emoji4] . Based on my measurements, the lowering kit lowered the ride by 25-30mm. Now ride becomes much stiffer than just collected but I personally felt that it's still acceptable, this time wife and kids felt the different[emoji28] but still within their comfort zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi bro,thanks for the info! the drop of 25mm-30mm still a bit lessser than what website says (30-35)which is a nice drop since we don't want it to low for our daily drive. Even without looking...I believe the height is just right,my guess is the slim profile tyres will sit slightly below the wheel arch/fender and still have 2 finger gap? Btw,besides the cosmetic upgrade(rear spoiler),what else is planned?you planning to get your car a piggyback?:)

Based on the M sports model that I have and my understanding, the suspension is lowered for all modes. Don't think the stock PML G30 has adaptive suspension to lower only for sports mode.

Is it correct that all M Sports model suspensions are lowered 10 mm when it's switched to sports mode?

Saw my vin that's Says M Sports suspension ..... not sure what this means. Also intergral active front steering...... thought it's for rear as well

Saw my vin that's Says M Sports suspension ..... not sure what this means. Also integral active front steering...... thought it's for rear as well
Not sure if you still have any doubt but here's some info on the chassis / suspension aids the G30 has to offer. I think G31 have air suspension but just for G30, heres what I know

Standard Suspension = Standard suspension

M suspension - lowers ride height by 10mm compared to standard suspension. No adjustment is possible when modes are switched. Believe there will not have the "adaptive" button next to the drive modes.

Dynamic Damper Control (DDC) or EDC or active suspension = able to harden / soften the suspension when respective mode is selected. Comparing DDC and M suspension, I believe M suspension is lower. Was not able to find documents of this. Believe there will have the "adaptive" button next to the drive modes

Integral Active Steering (IAS) = Steering control is to all 4 wheels, when below 60 km/h, the rear turn in the opposite direction of steering. At 60km/h and above, the rear wheels turn in direction of steering. Have a look at the video link below.

EARS = Electronic Active roll stabilization - Active Roll bars or anti roll bars that can stiffen or loosen depending on mode selected. Not available by itself and is part of adaptive drive option. Not available for 530s and below.

Adaptive Drive = DDC + EARS. Believe there will have the "adaptive" button next to the drive modes

Adaptive M Suspension - Most power 1, has lowering and dynamic damper control. Option on the 550 only (no RHD), I believe its standard on F90 M5.

For 540,I could be wrong on this part but I read that IAS cannot be specified with AD. It can only be specified with DDC. I also read that builds after a certain date can. Need to check but for me, AD cannot be specified with IAS

Attached is the BMW ordering guide, was not able to find integral active front steering, I believe you were referring to integral active steering or just 4 wheel steering.

Attached is an old snap shot of the M sport 530 pricelist and options offered at PML (From around May 2017)

Can also refer to the link below for the chassis and suspension info, refer to book/chapter 4. Personally, Chapter 6 is also interesting
http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364915

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
  • MY2017_G30_5_Series_Ordering_Guide.pdf
    443 KB · Views: 138
  • G30 Chassis and suspension options.pdf
    172 KB · Views: 2,480
  • 530 msport.jpg
    530 msport.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Latest posts