G30 owners please fall in!

Btw did anyone of you tried the latest Mercedes-Benz E before deciding on the G30. ?? I did. !!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can't really tell the difference on the drive. Both are responsive. But my wife said that BM is quieter n back seats more comfortable with better suspensions , which suit her. Initial I was impressed with the E 250 interior. Love the small clock. When I start to drive , all the controls n button seems complicated. The auto stop is more trouble to use. The auto parking system also complicated as compare to BM. Maybe we are use to the F10. After discussion we realised why BM wants to simplified the interior, we agreed on that.

I can't really tell the difference on the drive. Both are responsive. But my wife said that BM is quieter n back seats more comfortable with better suspensions , which suit her. Initial I was impressed with the E 250 interior. Love the small clock. When I start to drive , all the controls n button seems complicated. The auto stop is more trouble to use. The auto parking system also complicated as compare to BM. Maybe we are use to the F10. After discussion we realised why BM wants to simplified the interior, we agreed on that.

Drive wise I thought the E250 was quite good. Maybe I too am used to BMW but I prefer the 530i. So its a feel thing. The 530i is faster but both good enough in Sg. There are a lot of buttons in the E class but I think can ignore if you don't like to use. Auto start stop can disable? The 5 has it too.

Interior quality I thought the E was better. 5 is good but the E is still slightly better.

After having driven the 5 for a while now, I think the E250 has better specs. The 5 doesn't even have driver assistance or blind spot monitoring. It also doesn't have active cruise control. I think thats the reason why the omv for the E250 is just under $60k while the 530i lux is $49k+. Price wise 530i lux is similar to the E250.

Image was an issue for me wrt the E class. Maybe my next car (if I can still afford it by then!).

Last edited:
Test driven both the E250 and 530, to me the 530 is a tad smoother and quieter. Accelaeration for both are pretty even for my driving style.

Agreed that E250 has better spec, better driver seat with more features, but 530 has more gimmicks. I didn't like the dashboard design of the E, I think it didn't blend well with with centre console.

Rear passenger seat comfort goes to the 530. E200/250 seats are shallower, half the thigh is 'suspended' in the air. 530 rear seat is deeper and definitely more confy.

I was torned beteeen these 2 models, I prefer the E exterior but not the interior. At the end I picked the 530. My 2nd consecutive 5 series.

Test driven both the E250 and 530, to me the 530 is a tad smoother and quieter. Accelaeration for both are pretty even for my driving style.

Agreed that E250 has better spec, better driver seat with more features, but 530 has more gimmicks. I didn't like the dashboard design of the E, I think it didn't blend well with with centre console.

Rear passenger seat comfort goes to the 530. E200/250 seats are shallower, half the thigh is 'suspended' in the air. 530 rear seat is deeper and definitely more confy.

I was torned beteeen these 2 models, I prefer the E exterior but not the interior. At the end I picked the 530. My 2nd consecutive 5 series.

Which model and what colour did you get?

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong 530i lux jatoba

There is G30 black grill for sale. I was offered as 180/pc. Including installation. Anybody interested as well.

There is G30 black grill for sale. I was offered as 180/pc. Including installation. Anybody interested as well.

That means $360 for the car? Where are you getting it from and do you have pictures to show?

Between $420 and $360, if the $360 is not original, I wonder if it's worth it?

Thanks

Hi mark. How do u compare the Merc to the BM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't really tell the difference on the drive. Both are responsive. But my wife said that BM is quieter n back seats more comfortable with better suspensions , which suit her. Initial I was impressed with the E 250 interior. Love the small clock. When I start to drive , all the controls n button seems complicated. The auto stop is more trouble to use. The auto parking system also complicated as compare to BM. Maybe we are use to the F10. After discussion we realised why BM wants to simplified the interior, we agreed on that. Its simpler designs make it user friendly.

I heard BMW also design for SIA interior , maybe for the business class or first class.

I saw the interior of the Mercedes. Find that the BM is much much more beautiful. In am into my 5th BM with One merc inbetween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88vip1biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back