G30 owners please fall in!

Was at 240/260 until recent service where they pumped to 270/290 because they assume full load of 4-5 persons. Kind of floaty and i will be adjusting it back down soon

Mind if i ask why the change from a 3er to 5er? Moving up the ladder or need more space requirements?
I changed from an E93 to a G30. The 5er drives well and all that,powerful,more space behind etc but it feels bigger when driving and im not as confident to squeeze through the normal spaces in traffic and in carparks. Maybe age has made me cautious. Even driving down taka car park takes concentration.

Please dun change coz of my comments. i kinda miss my old siao san. We changed coz kids getting bigger so still will not have it any other way even if i had a second chance. Hopefully this comment can prepare u,if u do feel the same way when it happens.

Good luck with the low mileage units. I dun believe the engineering portion should be any cause of concern. All of us will be in it together.

The 3er is definitely more fun car to drive than the 5er. It just feels more nimble and you feel in better control.

The 5er is better for space and comfort.

Mind if i ask why the change from a 3er to 5er? Moving up the ladder or need more space requirements?
I changed from an E93 to a G30. The 5er drives well and all that,powerful,more space behind etc but it feels bigger when driving and im not as confident to squeeze through the normal spaces in traffic and in carparks. Maybe age has made me cautious. Even driving down taka car park takes concentration.

Please dun change coz of my comments. i kinda miss my old siao san. We changed coz kids getting bigger so still will not have it any other way even if i had a second chance. Hopefully this comment can prepare u,if u do feel the same way when it happens.

Good luck with the low mileage units. I dun believe the engineering portion should be any cause of concern. All of us will be in it together.

Thank you all for your response.

HL, its the former and considering the E too. Somehow, i felt cabin space between the E & G30 are very close (sat on both) and thought the E comfy level is a notch better but G30 still has better driving feel.....

Nah... appreciate your input and engineering section isn't an issue at all. Its the cabin dash that really aged much despite squeezing in those new toys.... Even A6 feels very luxurious, comparatively speaking.

Dear TezzaRed/all Seniors....

Thinking changing to G30 (current ride F30) and am very startled by sheer numbers of G30 on resale market.. Given that it's only a year old !!!

What would be the likely reasons , exclusing those that clock less than 50km...

Appreciate any response from those whom might understand market/situation better.

Thank you
There are some dealers whom i know told me that they have to put it under used car even though its brand new car else they aren't able to advertise at all. That's why you will see some with mileage like 100km and below. BMW are generally reliable if you service on time. I have been driving a bimmer for many years and one after another and so far only those wear and tear issues. Other than that, its fine.

My G30 also from PI like Silly5 and I managed to get the connected drive activated thanks to him. You can search in this forum thread on how to activate the service through bmw uk website.

Also I managed to book additional services, mine was missing the remote services so I booked it online and get it activated within minutes, however you will need UK address and use credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh so as long as we have a uk address, we can then book it?

Thanks dude. You guys are amazing!

1) I followed the links and found that the RSS feed URL are already in the system.
Just strange that it can't be accessed on the car.
Maybe it's a PML setting in the car.

2) I have always set my default screen to be a split screen between Map and Weather.
If this works, it could be Map and News (to show headline news).
Will probably give PML a call later.

3) I wonder if it can do LIVE streaming of CNA news.

View attachment 61125
Have u got the news feed and weather forecast to display in Idrive?

I also having the same issue.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

My G30 also from PI like Silly5 and I managed to get the connected drive activated thanks to him. You can search in this forum thread on how to activate the service through bmw uk website.

Also I managed to book additional services, mine was missing the remote services so I booked it online and get it activated within minutes, however you will need UK address and use credit card.

Hi RobL,
Great to hear that you manage to book additional services. I wanted to try using my friends UK address but didn’t find any other services that I want. Now I know it work, thanks!

Oh so as long as we have a uk address, we can then book it?

Yup, just fill the uk address then they will asked you to enter your credit card details. I’m using my SG credit card and the payment was successful. So I think the address was not use to authorize the credit card.

Also sometimes they have promo. I bought during blackfriday they have 30% - 40% discount. I paid £39 instead of £60.

Thank you all for your response.

HL, its the former and considering the E too. Somehow, i felt cabin space between the E & G30 are very close (sat on both) and thought the E comfy level is a notch better but G30 still has better driving feel.....

Nah... appreciate your input and engineering section isn't an issue at all. Its the cabin dash that really aged much despite squeezing in those new toys.... Even A6 feels very luxurious, comparatively speaking.
Hope u get your new ride soon..if im not mistaken,the boring layout that Bmw adopts is to satisfy their recurring clients with its familiar layout. Personally i did not like the E class instrument panel and gear lever. A6 due for new model soon Hope u get yr ride soon.

Have u got the news feed and weather forecast to display in Idrive?

I also having the same issue.

Hi Valrossi,
"Weather" and "News Feed" works on its own.
But for split screen, only "Weather" works.
I could not activate the "News Feed" on the split screen.

The G30 is driven by my wife.
I'll probably try it again during the weekend, and will update, if it works.
Did you managed to get to the setting, to activate the split screen?

Yup, just fill the uk address then they will asked you to enter your credit card details. I’m using my SG credit card and the payment was successful. So I think the address was not use to authorize the credit card.

Also sometimes they have promo. I bought during blackfriday they have 30% - 40% discount. I paid £39 instead of £60.

Thanks for sharing. Ok I’ll try today since I have a UK address too.

Hi Valrossi,
"Weather" and "News Feed" works on its own.
But for split screen, only "Weather" works.
I could not activate the "News Feed" on the split screen.

The G30 is driven by my wife.
I'll probably try it again during the weekend, and will update, if it works.
Did you managed to get to the setting, to activate the split screen?
Just got mine showing weather and news feed along with other connected drive apps yesterday after calling help desk to update the service for my car. Mine is a PML car BTW.

The split screen only weather works.

Anyone tried the concierge service? I find that when I request for information service to be sent to the car it takes a Long time or never at all. But at their end they said they have sent

Mine stops at activating camera system and the error goes “ remote 3d view disabled in this area ...”

Mine stops at activating camera system and the error goes “ remote 3d view disabled in this area ...”

Maybe you can try again when your car is at another area.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the concierge service? I find that when I request for information service to be sent to the car it takes a Long time or never at all. But at their end they said they have sent

I should try, wonder if my concierge is located in UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back