G30 owners please fall in!

This car is turning out to be a nightmare !!! Electronic malfunctions, one after another ...

Car going into PML today ... again ...

This car is turning out to be a nightmare !!! Electronic malfunctions, one after another ...

Car going into PML today ... again ...
Your PML version G30 got engine vibration issue? For me...Last week just done the software update and replace the passenger airbag due to the G30 airbag recall

Last edited:
Your PML version G30 got engine vibration issue? For me...Last week just done the software update and replace the passenger airbag due to the G30 airbag recall

No ... no engine vibration issue ... just the messed up electronics.

G30 is only 1 year old, i’m surprise to see this issue. But can’t say for diesel motor if not driven 200% to ensure they are clean from carbon build up.
From what i recently found out...carbon build up stems from Direct Injection engines on the intake valves,since DI is common on diesel engines...i believe they will also be subjected to carbon build up...thats why i recently learnt.

Can you elaborate on the messed up electronics? I am keen to know.

Thanks

- TPMS misbehaving, warning every time car is switched on of wrong tyre pressure on every tyre
- key wrongly recognized, e.g. my key seen as my wife's - only one key in car at the time
- serious navigation issues ... parked 100m from destination, system wants to send me on a 1 mile loop
- main screen won't boot for several minutes
- reverse cam failure
- arbitrarily disconnects phone while on call and reconnects several minutes later
- system jammed brake when trying to reverse park even though there was no obstruction anywhere - several attempts

the list goes on ...

Thanks for that. Guess i was wrong diesel uses Direct injection. Heres a video of what i was refering to...

@Guardian, here are some pics of my ride that were recently cleaned using walnut blasting..its from an Audi Q7. From what i know spirited driving does not remove the carbon build up

This one is before blasting,car was at 73k kms
IMG-20180502-WA0013.jpg

This one is after
IMG-20180502-WA0014.jpg

Throwback, G30 SG meet up 13 Apr.

Pls PM me if you are keen to join our chat. This is an exclusive chat group for SG G30 owners only. we look forward to welcome you Have a wonderful day.

Attachments

• 4DE0E7A4-A214-449F-B84F-BC3BFDFF3776.jpeg
    4DE0E7A4-A214-449F-B84F-BC3BFDFF3776.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 312
  • FDD03777-FDF8-487F-87AF-B01009E3C273.jpeg
    FDD03777-FDF8-487F-87AF-B01009E3C273.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 309
  • FFA1E87D-3D64-4C47-81C4-D60D3439F002.jpeg
    FFA1E87D-3D64-4C47-81C4-D60D3439F002.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 294
Throwback, G30 SG meet up 13 Apr.

Pls PM me if you are keen to join our chat. This is an exclusive chat group for SG G30 owners only. we look forward to welcome you Have a wonderful day.
Hahaha...i was made fun of the other day when i asked the difference between PM me and DM me...:yummie:

- TPMS misbehaving, warning every time car is switched on of wrong tyre pressure on every tyre
- key wrongly recognized, e.g. my key seen as my wife's - only one key in car at the time
- serious navigation issues ... parked 100m from destination, system wants to send me on a 1 mile loop
- reverse cam failure
- arbitrarily disconnects phone while on call and reconnects several minutes later
- system jammed brake when trying to reverse park even though there was no obstruction anywhere - several attempts

the list goes on ...
Look like you have to activate the “Lemon law” Not sure if anyone is having similar problems, have not heard from the chat Group.

- reverse cam failure

the list goes on ...

I have the same issue with the keys. The SA says need a software upgrade that takes a whole day so must put car overnight. Catch is software still not here!

The jam break may be due to cats/dogs or branches near the lot. Sometimes the auto parking also stops operations because of dangerous objects nearby! Then must manually park.

Do share anything else.

Thanks

I have the same issue with the keys. The SA says need a software upgrade that takes a whole day so must put car overnight. Catch is software still not here!

The jam break may be due to cats/dogs or branches near the lot. Sometimes the auto parking also stops operations because of dangerous objects nearby! Then must manually park.

Do share anything else.

Thanks

the car has already been in once for the keys and reprogrammed ... but still persists ...

and i was parking manually ... and there was nothing around me ... stupid auto brake engaged each time ... tried to park multiple times ... eventually found another spot where i was able to park !!!

@Guardian, here are some pics of my ride that were recently cleaned using walnut blasting..its from an Audi Q7. From what i know spirited driving does not remove the carbon build up

This one is before blasting,car was at 73k kmsView attachment 63197

This one is after
View attachment 63198
Very clean after the blast!
And those chemical recommended before oil change to clean the engine, do they really perform the magic clean?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back