G30 owners please fall in!

I can't really tell the difference on the drive. Both are responsive. But my wife said that BM is quieter n back seats more comfortable with better suspensions , which suit her. Initial I was impressed with the E 250 interior. Love the small clock. When I start to drive , all the controls n button seems complicated. The auto stop is more trouble to use. The auto parking system also complicated as compare to BM. Maybe we are use to the F10. After discussion we realised why BM wants to simplified the interior, we agreed on that. Its simpler designs make it user friendly.

I heard BMW also design for SIA interior , maybe for the business class or first class.

BMW did design the new business class seat for SIA. Probably first class as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black

Hi,
Have not received my car yet but just wondering if you guys had an predictable time with parking assistance plus? Tried it in parallel or head in / reverse in parking? Any comments about it?

Hi,
Have not received my car yet but just wondering if you guys had an predictable time with parking assistance plus? Tried it in parallel or head in / reverse in parking? Any comments about it?

Sorry don't understand "predictable time"?
I used the self parallel parking once and it worked ok. With the 360 camera, its quite easy to park manually too. The only complaint I have is that the sensors beep too loudly when you are still a distance away.

Sorry don't understand "predictable time"?
I used the self parallel parking once and it worked ok. With the 360 camera, its quite easy to park manually too. The only complaint I have is that the sensors beep too loudly when you are still a distance away.
Have been watching it online and was just wondering if it was really that much faster or easy to use compared to without it?....how about other technologies? Like Active cruise control? Is it useful or will people still be able to cut in while keeping the distance from the vehicle in front?

Have been watching it online and was just wondering if it was really that much faster or easy to use compared to without it?....how about other technologies? Like Active cruise control? Is it useful or will people still be able to cut in while keeping the distance from the vehicle in front?

The parallel parking is fast, in fact faster than me. The only thing I feel awkward about it is it turns the wheel while stationary - old school training says you shouldn't turn your wheels while car is stationary. The BMW sales person told me its ok. The reverse parking is slow, mainly because it needs to be close to the side to sense the lot before it reverses. I only tried reverse parking on the demo car.

My SE tells me the PML cars don't come with active cruise control. It only has CC with braking function. So I won't be able to give any feedback on acc. Very disappointing.

The parallel parking is fast, in fact faster than me. The only thing I feel awkward about it is it turns the wheel while stationary - old school training says you shouldn't turn your wheels while car is stationary. The BMW sales person told me its ok. The reverse parking is slow, mainly because it needs to be close to the side to sense the lot before it reverses. I only tried reverse parking on the demo car.

My SE tells me the PML cars don't come with active cruise control. It only has CC with braking function. So I won't be able to give any feedback on acc. Very disappointing.
Thanks for sharing your experience on parking assistant plus,its definately going to help me prevent the occasional kerb rash! Probably save me some embarrassment too.

About Active CC vs CC w/braking function, i did not know there was a difference until you mentioned it. Thanks for highlighting. From what now understand(from reading online), active CC brakes (when there is more traffic) and accelerates (when there is lesser vehicles) with the set limit as the max and CC with braking function brakes the car to maintain the set limit,which may occur when going down a slope or hill...It does not brake below the set limit.
Is that correct?

Thanks for sharing your experience on parking assistant plus,its definately going to help me prevent the occasional kerb rash! Probably save me some embarrassment too.

About Active CC vs CC w/braking function, i did not know there was a difference until you mentioned it. Thanks for highlighting. From what now understand(from reading online), active CC brakes (when there is more traffic) and accelerates (when there is lesser vehicles) with the set limit as the max and CC with braking function brakes the car to maintain the set limit,which may occur when going down a slope or hill...It does not brake below the set limit.
Is that correct?

That is correct. The CC with braking only maintains the set speed. You need to brake if there is a car in front going slower than the CC speed.

Did you order active CC for your car?

Last edited:
That is correct. The CC with braking only maintains the set speed. You need to brake if there is a car in front going slower than the CC speed.

Did you order actice CC for your car?
Yes I believe I did, if I am not wrong, it comes together with Driver assistant plus, which I ordered. But its going to be a long wait - 6months. The one option which I did not order but may regret is Adaptive Drive. Any experience test driving the 540 M sport/530 M sport? Was wondering if VDC was softer vs M sport suspension? I chose M suspension in the end because of the lower ride height of 10mm.

Hi,
Anyone driven the G30 with M suspension (530 M sport) and with the VDC option (540 M sport)? Any views which one has the lower stance and which handles/rides better? Or even better, anyone changed to coil overs yet?

Hi Squeaky Ninja,
Thanks for sharing all the info!:)

Just noticed that the mirrors fold in differently, The driver side does not fold in as much as the passenger side. Is that normal or something is wrong with my mirror?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuebt788com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back