6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey

Just noticed that the mirrors fold in differently, The driver side does not fold in as much as the passenger side. Is that normal or something is wrong with my mirror?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked and you are right! I wonder if we should ask PML?

Squeaky ninja, jfyi,with most forum members buying from AD,i thought it best to discuss this PI thing offline so as to not go:offtopic: and started a conversation with e90sg.
I am also interest , include me in conversation regarding PI.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I see nothing wrong with discussing PI experience and issues face openly. One day,I may jump ship to PI. I don't think anyone cares or mind where you buy from.

I am si bei lo so one leh.....anyway...i will cut and paste what i wrote to Mark1919 and E90sg...

First off,I did not buy from AD. But when i asked,the overtrade was quoted as $15k. Overtrade is the amount of money that the car dealer at PML will give you above of the agreed price.
Lets assume the dealer agrees to buy your 2nd hand car at $50k, instead of valuing your car at $50k,he will give you an "overtrade" of $15k,which would then equate to a total value of $65k for your old car which you would be passing to them.

The price which PML quoted is the price without discounts or overtrade. Depending on several other factors which include the past number of cars your family has purchased,the number of years of finance you'll be taking and the COE trend,you will be offered some discount. I can't say how much as i have not bought from PML for some time,the last one i bought was a E90 320i with SGA registration plate in 2005.

Imo, buying from PML has a tiny bit more of prestige,you get to have the fancymagazine,get invited to take part in some driving experiences across the causeway,get invited to previews and so on. To some extent,your relatives and yourself may be assured that you are buying from "the true source" but not for me. I decided that PML's workshop is just like any other workshop,they have long queues,make mistakes in diagnosis and with so many clients,they sometimes don't make me feel my car is important. Buying from PML is also more expensive because of their overheads etc.

Buying from PI is really uncertain unless the car is ready in the showroom,even then,u need to know what options they are offering cause later on,u may feel that you were short changed

I bought from a dealer who i trust due to a friends recommendation. After paying the deposit and bidding the COE i was informed of really bad news..the car "MAY" be delayed past 2018 if the car is delayed at UK. I researched online through some forums and they did mentioned that some people had their cars delayed,especially the 540. With the car delayed, it would mean that there would be a additional emissions tax,either $10k or $20k more. The PI offered me 2 choices.

1)Ride with him and he will abosrb half of the emissions tax if the car really gets handed over in Jan 2018
2)Take my COE and and get a full refund from him and go elsewhere to get a car from another PI or from AD.

For (1), i run the risk of paying the emissions tax.
For (2) i also run the risk of paying the emissions tax if i get from PI and also lose out as most PIs rebate level is 5k to 10k lower than the current COE price. Going to AD was not an option/consideration for me.

I went for (1) and will keep my fingers crossed that car will be handed over before 2018.

I purchased a BMW 540i xdrive,it cost just over 300k,5yr warranty,2 servicing free,in car camera and window tint.

Please let me know if u want me to elaborate on the options but i personally felt my spec is higher than PML which would be approx 340k after discounts and overtrade.

I would not recommend my PI as i have not completed my transaction. I went to another 2 PIs and their prices were all close. 1 year loan at 80k which is considered as a cash price. No recommendations on where to buy. I bought my wifes current E93 335i also from PI and that was 8.5yrs ago but then there were also issues but thats another story.

Only advice is indenting a car from a PI is uncertain. Be ready even if he is reliable but u get to save$$$. So if you are the kind of guy who hates hassle,suggest u go for AD. Unless the car is in the PI showroom

If u like the car and option,nego the price and the car is yours! I like to play around with options so its a little different.

Last edited:
I read the overseas G30 forums and the options list can be confusing. Also, the description can be misleading. Eg CC with braking function vs active CC... zzz

Well, for a car that cost over 300k, I would not risk it with PI.
For those more common work horse that does not cost an arm, I will try PI.
Then again, it's just me.

And I do hope that your deal will go smooth and have your 540x delivered within this year.

Well, for a car that cost over 300k, I would not risk it with PI.
For those more common work horse that does not cost an arm, I will try PI.
Then again, it's just me.

And I do hope that your deal will go smooth and have your 540x delivered within this year.

The actual exposure is the amount paid upfront. If its not too big a deposit, can still stomach?

Works both ways... for the PI, they also have the fear factor of you running road if you decided to back out later if deposit collected is too little. So my guess will be the full amount of the optioned items as deposit to secure them - may work out to be quite substantial.

For AD, they have lesser pressure from this since they can always resell to another potential buyer. For PI, it will be much difficult especially when the options are very much customized for one individual.

The actual exposure is the amount paid upfront. If its not too big a deposit, can still stomach?
Yes, that was exactly what I told myself when I bought the car. 20k Deposit for the car and another 10k when COE was tendered. The rest when the car is handed over. I considered my risk to be $30k. Although some may say 10k is not part of the risk coz TCOE is under the buyers name. The other 2 PIs I went to had their deposit as 25k and 30k (Total deposit for Car and COE)

Works both ways... for the PI, they also have the fear factor of you running road if you decided to back out later if deposit collected is too little. So my guess will be the full amount of the optioned items as deposit to secure them - may work out to be quite substantial.

For AD, they have lesser pressure from this since they can always resell to another potential buyer. For PI, it will be much difficult especially when the options are very much customized for one individual.
The deposit was fixed in my case.

I also follow the G30 thread in MyCarForum. There is a Malaysian G30 owner that highlighted an observation with the EPS ("Electronic Power Steering"?) module. See picture attached from my car. Its the cylindrical looking item. The sides seem to have an oil leak with dirt accumulated. Seems like all the owners in MCF have similar situation.

IMG_9184.JPG

I also follow the G30 thread in MyCarForum. There is a Malaysian G30 owner that highlighted an observation with the EPS ("Electronic Power Steering"?) module. See picture attached from my car. Its the cylindrical looking item. The sides seem to have an oil leak with dirt accumulated. Seems like all the owners in MCF have similar situation.

View attachment 58145
Not sure if you guys have the technical documents on the G30. I'm not exactly a tech junkie so it was informative for me. Attached is a screen shot of the electric (or electronic) power steering write up as I was not able to upload the files here. I got the documents bimmerfest, its was an informative read for me.
The link where I got the files are below :

http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364915

Attachments

• Electric steering.pdf
    145.3 KB · Views: 857
Not sure if you guys have the technical documents on the G30. I'm not exactly a tech junkie so it was informative for me. Attached is a screen shot of the electric (or electronic) power steering write up as I was not able to upload the files here. I got the documents bimmerfest, its was an informative read for me.
The link where I got the files are below :

http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364915

Thanks for this. Very good information.

Anyone found a good viewer for the ACE? The BMW provided version is only for Microsoft environment.

Hi Hohlim, just found out that my trade in rims only, is worth 800 to 1000, is that a fair figure. ? anyone else care to point out.?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back