Garmin 765

Re: Garmin 765

Ah Lian,

i found this thread...with links to download...to 'reflash'...so you can do it without throwing away $50 i guess...

My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project • View topic - Garmin Firmware Updates

but no patience and reluctance to let my garmins become potential bricks...or hassle or 'reflashing' back...

rather spend the time looking for more 'free' maps...and combining them...looking to combine Malsing with JCV and malfree maps...hope i get it done and update here.

btw i have a 250W...bought my dad the 780...gee...there is really lotsa difference hardware wise with so much faster log on and recalculation speed...essential in more urban places like Singapore, Kuala Lumpur...edit: + and tinted windows -_-

Thanks! Although no links attached.

I have lots of Garmins so no issue...with updates, POI's, combined Malsing with Malfree maps etc... It is just like drinking plain water for me.. on this matter...

pilotsnoopy;470381 said:
Ah Lian,

i found this thread...with links to download...to 'reflash'...so you can do it without throwing away $50 i guess...

but no patience and reluctance to let my garmins become potential bricks...or hassle or 'reflashing' back...

rather spend the time looking for more 'free' maps...and combining them...looking to combine Malsing with JCV and malfree maps...hope i get it done and update here.

btw i have a 250W...bought my dad the 780...gee...there is really lotsa difference hardware wise with so much faster log on and recalculation speed...essential in more urban places like Singapore, Kuala Lumpur...

Ah Lian;470362 said:
710 where 610, 710, 210 = all the "1"s represent local or regional sets. Thus sets sold in a specific country with that specific map e.g. Sing/Malaysia maps, sold here have 710.

now i learn something from you...lol...always though where did *10s come from?

i rather put the $50 towards a big fast SD card...lol...

have tried an 8gb sd card on the 780 and it works.

4gbs work on 200 nuvi series as well still.

Glad that u learn something new:) Mine all are 610, 710 etc...heeeee...

* Born in the generation of sat naps... so it is like drinking water.. 4 me:)*

Yeah.. in fact, in the past.. MalSing and even now MalFree are not happy that "people" make money out of their "free" maps!

pilotsnoopy;470386 said:
now i learn something from you...lol...always though where did *10s come from?

i rather put the $50 towards a big fast SD card...lol...

have tried an 8gb sd card on the 780 and it works.

4gbs work on 200 nuvi series as well still.

guys, how u hardwire the cable to the car? To run the power cable all the way from the arm rest is too messy. also the plug is a little too big for the arm rest to close properly.

i just got mine 780... haven't explore much on the POI thingy.. but no speed trap warning..
where to d/l the POI stuff? Also still looking for a nice place to put the 780 on my E60. Thot of putting on the RHS abv the aircon vent.. that big piece of plastic but too bad, a little curvy on the surface. Need to fab a plate and insert into the gap..

Oh come with lotsa maps! :D

prodriverex;491669 said:
Thot of putting on the RHS abv the aircon vent.. that big piece of plastic but too bad, a little curvy on the surface. Need to fab a plate and insert into the gap..

:D

don't want drill can or not?
Also, how to check the POI files? How come mine no speed cam warning? :D

prodriverex;492014 said:
don't want drill can or not?
Also, how to check the POI files? How come mine no speed cam warning? :D

U can always use double-side tape. I actually use 3M black double-side tape but just want to be sure that it will not give way over time. So I though a screw at the side is ok. Afterall, in a few years time, if i sell the car, it's on a as-is basis. Why protect the car so perfect for the next driver. Beside, it is more likely to be scrapped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back