Garmin GPS Holder

Re: Garmin GPS Holder

Haven't got a chance to go down to Alexandra PML... They should have available stock there.

205W piano black? sweet unit

was quoted $1700 by PML to install the portable Nav with the holder, price is far too high..

erm...better garmin unit with a beanbag...500 bucks? not as elegant but i guess with 1000bucks u can do the job urself...

hi

how about the power source? can anyone advice how we solve the power source? the charger unit from garmin is too long for the plug in the center console. if i plug in to charge, i cannot close the armrest! :(

appreciate some advice here.. thanks!

accord;402141 said:
hi

how about the power source? can anyone advice how we solve the power source? the charger unit from garmin is too long for the plug in the center console. if i plug in to charge, i cannot close the armrest! :(

do a search, it has been discussed before many times in this forum.

Finally got hold of the BMW GPS holder kit!!! :cloud9: photos to share...

:yummie: but still dont know how to install it into my 2006 E90. Any good advise!!?

Fatcheeks!

I strongly believe that it is to be used only with the garmin Nuvi 7xx series.... I have also the Garmin 6xx series and I can assure you it's connectors are totally different.

Since PML must have installed it locally, you can try to check with your Sales Facilitator on who to approach. Or go to some ICE expert... May be you can try Pin Liang (Outram) ....

pilotsnoopy;402155 said:
do a search, it has been discussed before many times in this forum.

bro can share where and how much you paid for it as PML not willing to sell it without the GPS set, i was quoted $1600 with full set install which i rejected. Which garmin model can fit onto the holder ?

thanks

In my opinion, it is for the Garmin Nuvi 7xx series.. And locally it is the Nuvi 710 ( 710 stands for the local "version"). You won't be able to connect it to most other models.. Maybe just maybe to the Garmin 8xx (not sure thou).

The unit that came with the FL 320i (SE and Professional) is given the Garmin Nuvi 710....

anvillyson;406654 said:
bro can share where and how much you paid for it as PML not willing to sell it without the GPS set, i was quoted $1600 with full set install which i rejected. Which garmin model can fit onto the holder ?

thanks

There is such a thing as an extension connector. You can buy these from accessories shops.

If your central console is fixed, then you may have to "drill holes" or get an ICE installer install an extension connector. Or tap the positve and negative and create another socket. Some even can run it towards the A pillar of the car......etc....

accord;402141 said:
hi

Understanding from PML, they have restricted the sales of GPS holder separately. Fortunately, i managed to get a quote from them before they kick start this new restriction.

Initially, they told to me go down to order it via Part counters but when i was there, PML refuse to sell it. When i promised to highlight this service level improvement opportunity to their PML management, then they sold it to me.

I was quoted 700bux to install garmin 760 by my pml sales guy....

wondering if there is an aftermarket gps than can be install using the existing small i-drive monitor? and how much will it cost?

thinking of fixing a rear view camera on it as well...

Hi all,

Just a long shot.

Did anybody manage to retrofit the Garmin GPS holder (drilled version) on their 1 series?

Am hoping to get the bracket without the Garmin unit as I already have the Nuvi 310.

Does PML still sell it? If not, does Eng Soon bring in something like this?

Sorry for the barrage of questions... :)

DSC01945.jpg

Thanks!
Chooml

Hi Everyone, any luck with getting a good GPS Holder yet? Mind sharing? I am considering installing a GPS holder that does not have to drill any holes and also not stick on the windscreen..

Any suggestions?

Regards

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinbetworld

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups