Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Growler;971747 said:
Bro put in a piggy back chip and it should get better : )

Which piggyback are you on? Do you find that the extra power is not very evident at low speed, especially in first 2-3 gears?

Ah yang;971743 said:
Same also bro. Bt after some hard driving wil b more smooth. Bt i tried sports mode the gears dun seems 2 b smooth. Wil hv jerk. Unlike my previous 116

I shall wack that damn shit tml.
Same here, in sport mode.. it's very responsive but jerky like what u mentioned.

Williammm;971763 said:
I shall wack that damn shit tml.
Same here, in sport mode.. it's very responsive but jerky like what u mentioned.

The exhaust blurb at 7000rpm damn shiok also...

Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Slow_poke_driver;971755 said:
Which piggyback are you on? Do you find that the extra power is not very evident at low speed, especially in first 2-3 gears?

Ecutech low end better I feel

Jb petrol ftw, my fc immediately down 40-50%, better than jazz!

just to share, my F30 journey for the past 13000km, tried different driving styles and got some interesting findings.

During the first 5000km, love and pamper her and drove her around like a chauffeur. (avg 26kmph from car diagnostics and running 19''). i was getting 680 per tank of esso 98 when fuel warning lit 2nd time.
In the next 8000km, i got tired of being a chauffeur, and whacked the living hell out of her (on normal mode) like my e90, her rpm was typically firing 3500-5500 on most days. (avg 36kmph from car diagnostics and running the same 19'' with same engine oil).

here comes the weird thing, my FC was averaging the same at 680km even after spirited drvg. And for the last 3 tanks, it miraculously shot up to 720km.
nothing happened in between, the only thing i noticed was a bad burning smell few weeks ago everytime i drove. This went on for a week, stopped, and then the FC improved to 720km.

i cant understand whats wrong but driving style doesnt seem to affect this car much in terms of FC. i tried driving pussily for the most recent tank and i still get the same FC. is there anything about the car's configuration that im missing here?

Thanks xiaofoggy for sharing. It's interesting. I will try on my car and see if the same.

Xiaofoggy - your ECU is adapting.

In all fairness, in city driving, your driving pattern and your torque curves count the most. Example a 316 vs a 335. If you are an aggressive driver, you might find that the 316's FC is no different to your friend's 335's.

In my previous 335, the FC actually improved after piggybacking. The torque curve steepened, and even with my heavy-footed driving style, my FC improved from 6.9 to 7.4 km/l.

My take - instead of focusing on the absolute number, take a look at how you drive, overtake, gun-off from traffic lights and filter out and accelerate. If your FC has been high because of such traits, fix the low end torque.

when it first happened, my thought was: wa F30 so sart ah? Got some adaptive technology to optimize airflow/combustion rate/throttle to give better fc under all driving variations.
My second thought: how could it be so bloody zhun on every tank. Its always at 720km +/- 10km. Zzz even my bu's period not so zhun la. I called up PML n they offered a software reset, but i think no point to go just to squeeze out a few more km out of the tank right?

xiaofoggy said:
when it first happened, my thought was: wa F30 so sart ah? Got some adaptive technology to optimize airflow/combustion rate/throttle to give better fc under all driving variations.
My second thought: how could it be so bloody zhun on every tank. Its always at 720km +/- 10km. Zzz even my bu's period not so zhun la. I called up PML n they offered a software reset, but i think no point to go just to squeeze out a few more km out of the tank right?

It is normal. The ECU adapts itself. Common knowledge since the e46 days liao.

In other words, if you have bought a used car, and the previous owner drives like a sissy, the car's ECU will take time to adapt to your aggro driving style. You will see FC improving even if and when nothing is done.

kenntona;972294 said:
Xiaofoggy - your ECU is adapting.

In all fairness, in city driving, your driving pattern and your torque curves count the most. Example a 316 vs a 335. If you are an aggressive driver, you might find that the 316's FC is no different to your friend's 335's.

In my previous 335, the FC actually improved after piggybacking. The torque curve steepened, and even with my heavy-footed driving style, my FC improved from 6.9 to 7.4 km/l.

My take - instead of focusing on the absolute number, take a look at how you drive, overtake, gun-off from traffic lights and filter out and accelerate. If your FC has been high because of such traits, fix the low end torque.

Haha kenn. Comparing to the e90, the f30 fc actually feels much better already. To heck with fc, want fc then forget bimmer already :)
I just wonder how my ecu always arrives at that magic number?

Anyway how is the f30's torque curve like? I was at NSHW pushing from 80kmph, throttle down to 6000rpm on normal mode, pacing a 2.0tsi scirocco. Surprised that the scirocco actually pulled away by 5-7 car lengths by 200kph. i only managed to close during the initial stages when both of us were around 4000-5000rpm, moved in abt 2 car lengths. Is scirocco rly a torque and hp ride?

Scirocco 2.0 has about 200hp and 280Nm. Plus it's lighter than F30. But it could be heavily modded.

Roc 2.0 will win 320i. Quite sure about that. 328i dunno.

but f30 more sart than scirocco haha.. that is one cockroach car.

tuixin;972586 said:
I hope not! haha

Roc Zippy...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members