gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

Re: gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

lkm;573531 said:
I have the exact same issue with the jerkiness... In AUTO mode, can feel the jerk as the car comes to a stop....

In MANUAL mode, at stationary, can feel the jerk (quite strongly) when shifting from M2 to M1.

I'm taking my ride for reprogramming this week. Will update all.

I've just collected my car from PML after the reprogramming... jerk is now gone!! and shifting from M2 to M1 no longer jerks too! I'm happy!

only problem now is that I've got a persistent check tire pressure warning light.... grrr.. new problem... haiz..

at least one of your tire is punctured! not really a problem just go check your tires

lkm;574794 said:
I've just collected my car from PML after the reprogramming... jerk is now gone!! and shifting from M2 to M1 no longer jerks too! I'm happy!

only problem now is that I've got a persistent check tire pressure warning light.... grrr.. new problem... haiz..

Managed to reset it... haha.... didn't press the button long enough... I'm now a happy man!

zorro;574863 said:
at least one of your tire is punctured! not really a problem just go check your tires

You're absolutely correct! Found a 1inch screw through my front-right tire... Got it removed and repaired for 8 bucks..

Thanks to the tire pressure monitoring system, i averted a costly tire replacement should i have run deflated for too long...

erm..... how to reset the type pressure warning huh?

I just got my E60 last week and my dealer sent my car in to reset the gearbox (which I verified with PML is true). Will we face the jerkiness if my gear box is being "reset"??? My dealer who rolls in the car last week says its normal. Once the tuning is done by PML next week, all will be rectified. Is it true?

James1500;576631 said:
I just got my E60 last week and my dealer sent my car in to reset the gearbox (which I verified with PML is true). Will we face the jerkiness if my gear box is being "reset"??? My dealer who rolls in the car last week says its normal. Once the tuning is done by PML next week, all will be rectified. Is it true?

Depends what the "reset" involves... :biggun:

Thank you for the posts... I am having the same problem on my E60 Oct 2006....Will be sending my ride to PML this Friday... Hopefully, this problem can be solved...

HI Vypez,

This is common fault for E90, Go either to PML (Approx. $211 - $250) or Boss ($???) to get the gearbox remap and problem will be resolve. Would advise you change the AFT too. (ATF Filter Optional).

However, PML will keep your ride in for 2 days to do the remapping (But i insisted to collect on the same day when i sent in e morning and i did in the evening) but Boss only take a couple of hours.

I had the remap done and ATF changed and got better mileage.

Derrrick Yap;641738 said:
HI Vypez,

This is common fault for E90, Go either to PML (Approx. $211 - $250) or Boss ($???) to get the gearbox remap and problem will be resolve. Would advise you change the AFT too. (ATF Filter Optional).

However, PML will keep your ride in for 2 days to do the remapping (But i insisted to collect on the same day when i sent in e morning and i did in the evening) but Boss only take a couple of hours.

Remap the gearbox or is it a reset ?

Is similar.

i take it PML are main dealers?

the problem you are having is call tipping

when the car slows down after you have changed into 3dr gear or more,when you slow down and get to about 1-2mph or 2-3.2kmph as you are about to stop, the down shift into the lower gear can feel like some one has drove/bumped in to the back of your car?

the software update at the main dealers is the SAME for any one that uses a autologic diagnostics system like BVO

once the software has been updated you MUST reset the the gear box adaptions then drive the car slowly up to about about 50mph without reving over 3000rpm then bring the car to a stop with your foot on the brakes for 30secs(this needs to be done as soon as the adaptions are reset)this must be done 4 more times with out fail one after another

most people at the dealers or work shops dont know about this so it does not get done!!!

the other problem is trying to find some where you can do this in singapore on the roads with out speeding and stopping on the bypass

i have had 2 autologic systems from the start they made them for Landrover and BMW cars
the updates come from the BMW isis system they have installed on site,so they are upto date with BMW all the time but are able to do a lot more like coding the new cic system to older cars
with autologic you can just update which ever control unit or modual you want without having to do the whole car

the only problem you can have is if the workshop which has the autologic dose not keep it upto date or dose not pay the service charge on time

the techs at BMW can't see whats being updated as all they have to do it plug your car in the wall connect the power supply and the BMW isis system then takes over the updates

i hope this clears this up for everyone on here

ive got the same prob juz before CNY... i tot gearbox up lorry liao, v worry coz no warranty anymore... brought to my workshop n amazing aft 3-4hrs, they call me say its ok n ready to collect... went down ask them wats wrong they say dunno, but reset my ecu n now ok liao, all free of charge, lol... till now the prob haven come back, CHOY!!!

mario;643940 said:
ive got the same prob juz before CNY... i tot gearbox up lorry liao, v worry coz no warranty anymore... brought to my workshop n amazing aft 3-4hrs, they call me say its ok n ready to collect... went down ask them wats wrong they say dunno, but reset my ecu n now ok liao, all free of charge, lol... till now the prob haven come back, CHOY!!!

Hi Mario, which model are you driving?
Mine is a 2006 E60. After the re-program was done at PML last week, the prob was solved.. Hopefully, it doesnt come back..

this is a common problem with the 2006 E60,updating the gear box software will normaly fix the gear box tipping problem

Daytona;644188 said:
Hi Mario, which model are you driving?
Mine is a 2006 E60. After the re-program was done at PML last week, the prob was solved.. Hopefully, it doesnt come back..

HI Daytona,

Mine is 2006 E90, 88kkm. I hv the same problem mentioned. Pls let me know how much does this re-program cost @ PML. tks

mario;643940 said:

Hi Mario,

Pls let me know wch workshop. my 2006 E90 88kkm has the same problem

Derrrick Yap;641738 said:
HI Vypez,

HI Derrick,
Do you need advance booking for this remap?

Yes sometimes the EGS software upgrade can help but at this stage, if it does not work then it is likely a gearbox problem. It seems to me that the ZF auto trans does not last as long as the older E46 versions lasting about 120,000km then.

One reason of this jerky downshift u detect is a possible symptomatic failure of the gearbox... due to wear and tear of useage. I am not sure of your mileage but at 50,000km, I have experience this kick when the gearbox is warmed up and a kick when slowing down at traffic lights etc
The gearbox will need to go thru an "overhaul" and some clean up, replacement of selonoid valves and gaskets, ATF replacement. This will at least last another 50,000km.
Cheers

Are all the popular workshops ( BVO , Boss etc ) able to detect if an upgrade to firmware is needed , or only through PML ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daoptuong
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back