Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Re: Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

hey bro donworks,

Mai lah, 2012 see the doc until burnt a big hole in my pocket.

Trying to cut down doc visits unless absolutely need be (e.g. scheduled maintenance).

My gearbox jerking very minor only at certain rpms and stop-and-go traffic, think can wait until it mid 2013 or end 2013 haha.

donworks;949082 said:
Bro Canuck, go lah visit the Doc....before closed for CNY x 08 days ! hahahaha ! Honestly, i am also waiting for my next ATF change, then Bo Bian, have to change the solenoids. every cold start now is like a dancing queen ! hahaha !

canuck78;949085 said:
hey bro donworks,

Mai lah, 2012 see the doc until burnt a big hole in my pocket.

Trying to cut down doc visits unless absolutely need be (e.g. scheduled maintenance).

My gearbox jerking very minor only at certain rpms and stop-and-go traffic, think can wait until it mid 2013 or end 2013 haha.

My exact sentiments, save $$$ man ! :ultrasho:....my jerking (constant) is worst during pick-up esp in e mornings, just have to release and pump oil pedal constant to get it away...sort of use to it already....hahaha !:blahblah:

but what i heard is if the solenoids valves not change will damage the clutches in the long run.

Darn, you are right. I think the workshop did tell me the same.

The solenoid valve controls the ATF fluid in and out, thus enabling the valve body clutch plates to move. When the former is worn out, the clutch plates work harder, and may wear out faster than normal.

Looks like gotta change the solenoid valve sooner rather than later, if not bigger hole in pocket later, cuz cost now to fix is 1k vs 3k later down the road.

Zincman;949101 said:
but what i heard is if the solenoids valves not change will damage the clutches in the long run.

better change ,new year coming .be careful

canuck78;949109 said:
Darn, you are right. I think the workshop did tell me the same.

The solenoid valve controls the ATF fluid in and out, thus enabling the valve body clutch plates to move. When the former is worn out, the clutch plates work harder, and may wear out faster than normal.

Looks like gotta change the solenoid valve sooner rather than later, if not bigger hole in pocket later, cuz cost now to fix is 1k vs 3k later down the road.[/QUOTE

Oh no, looks like need.to.change.earlier than expected. But i no need to.change pan though...just replace less.than 10K agao haiz

The last time I went for servicing at The Other AD, I asked if I should change ATF. I was then at 98,000. They checked the official spec in their computer list and told me no need - ATF change only at 120,000 and suggested I wait until next servicing.

meaning, it's better to change solenoids and valves at the same time instead of solenoids only?

Zincman;949101 said:

If its a slight incremental cost - why not ?

wt_know;949118 said:
meaning, it's better to change solenoids and valves at the same time instead of solenoids only?

i got it replace at xx77 .

hi!

I was told to change the solenoid too by one workshop. Another workshop advise that I change the mechatronic. According to workshop changing the solenoid is a short-cut method. The cost of changing the mechatronic (comes with solenoid inside) is about 2.8K.

Anyone has any experience or knowledge about this?

cheers

If the gears are slipping then changing the mechatronic would be logical ....

vtanwk;949141 said:
hi!

I was told to change the solenoid too by one workshop. Another workshop advise that I change the mechatronic. According to workshop changing the solenoid is a short-cut method. The cost of changing the mechatronic (comes with solenoid inside) is about 2.8K.

cheers

vtanwk;949141 said:
hi!

cheers

If you have delay in engaging reverse then most likely need to change valve body . If you only have the jerk before stop I believe changing solenoid will do the trick. Come to think bout it when i had this issue I should have went straight for the valve body change instead of what ppl usually do ;- reprogramming + ATF oil + pan change, then i would have saved like 400-500 bucks there. BTW 2.8k is quite a decent price for the valve body change .

HI!

Thanks for comments. Workshop reset my software program values to zero to test if it solves the jerk problem. So far its been 10days and its fine, so have to wait and see.

thanks

Goods pointers for those who bought a per-owned e90...thumbs up!!!

The numbers will creep up over time, and the car computer will try to adjust. Sooner or later, the jerking will come back.

The real fix is change solenoids or valve body (or both) depending which value is high (workshop can tell). Unfortunately, mine is the same and resetting is only temp solution.

Will have to fix it for good.

vtanwk;949156 said:
HI!

Thanks for comments. Workshop reset my software program values to zero to test if it solves the jerk problem. So far its been 10days and its fine, so have to wait and see.

thanks

correct me if i'm wrong

1. change solenoids
2. change valves
3. change mechatronic which is solenoids + valves (1 package)?

Red_Bean_Bun;949133 said:
If its a slight incremental cost - why not ?

wt_know;949187 said:
correct me if i'm wrong

1. change solenoids
2. change valves
3. change mechatronic which is solenoids + valves (1 package)?

Bro, partially correct.

For 3. Valve body aka mechatronic comes with 7 pieces of solenoids as a package.

i changed only the solenoids only because i only encountered the stop and jerk issue.spend abt 1k plus,was quoted at least 3k to change mechatronic.now 1 week alady,so far so goid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back