Getting a E92 323 Coupe in a weeks time. Need advice!

Replica469

Hi dear BMWers,

I've decided to change my current ride and just placed a deposit for a 09 323 coupe.

May I know apart from the difference in bhp (190 vs 211) (8.4s vs 6.9) is there any material differences between the two?

I didn't really had a chance to test drive a 325 lately, the car I was eyeing the owner only allow his representative dealer to drive. But i managed to idle rev the 325, the rev seems powerful and fast, I just went to idle rev the 323... Seems a bit lethargic. Just wondering what do you guys think?

In any case, the car would be in probably next week so looking for suitable poison to inject... I've surfed around, it seems like a ECU chip/reflash + air intake + exhaust would be my options. I just wonder if you guys able to comment how much would the improvement be?

Thanks!

Re: Getting a E92 323 Coupe in a weeks time. Need advice!

Congrats, bro

How much did you pay for your new ride?

Replica469;564790 said:
Hi dear BMWers,

I've decided to change my current ride and just placed a deposit for a 09 323 coupe.

May I know apart from the difference in bhp (190 vs 211) (8.4s vs 6.9) is there any material differences between the two?

I didn't really had a chance to test drive a 325 lately, the car I was eyeing the owner only allow his representative dealer to drive. But i managed to idle rev the 325, the rev seems powerful and fast, I just went to idle rev the 323... Seems a bit lethargic. Just wondering what do you guys think?

In any case, the car would be in probably next week so looking for suitable poison to inject... I've surfed around, it seems like a ECU chip/reflash + air intake + exhaust would be my options. I just wonder if you guys able to comment how much would the improvement be?

Thanks!

Hi Replica,

Congrats and welcome in...........

go for Boss Motorsports: Powerbox plus Nology Spark Plugs... (should have better response after you install this))

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

1-stop service = bmc air filter + powerbox + nology plugs + eisennman exhaust = vroom vroom :D

ac323;564809 said:
Hi Replica,

Congrats and welcome in...........

go for Boss Motorsports: Powerbox plus Nology Spark Plugs... (should have better response after you install this))

cheers

.....+ coilovers + 19" rims + window tint + M3 steering with paddles + white angel eyes marker + bodykit + bootlid spoiler + splitters.

Welcome to BMW-SG.

C3P0;564822 said:
.....+ coilovers + 19" rims + window tint + M3 steering with paddles + white angel eyes marker + bodykit + bootlid spoiler + splitters.

Welcome to BMW-SG.

still got Air-Scoop + Swaybar + BBK

cheers

..... + ///M side mirrors.....:woowooo:

Forget all the above. Go get the M3.

Wolfie;564802 said:
Congrats, bro

How much did you pay for your new ride?

$148K exclude transfer fees and misc. Nov 09, about 8K on the mileage.

Almost new kinda car.

Another car dealer friend sold a convertible 323 with similar specs for about 175K, ex-boss just choot a 323 convertible with less than 1k mileage at 180K. I tot this was quite ok.. but anyway hardly can find any suitable 2nd hand coupes so just committed...

Thanks all for your warm welcome! :D

I guess firstly I would try to get some 18" rims (current is original 16" bmw ughhh)..

Probably check out your kind advices on the intake, exhaust first.. Got spare cash then try the rest haha..

BMWs have some many stuffs to try out...!! My previous car was just the intake + exhaust that's all...

Can bros recommend good workshops to try out? This car comes with 5 year warranty from Starblack - any comments guys?

Hi guys, I brought my E92 323 to Boss last week immediately after servicing my car. Would like to share my experience with the PowerBox for those who are still considering the upgrade.

Nicholas was kind to attend to me immediately to install the Powerbox + Dyno.Took about 45mins to 1 hour to do up the car. Finally the car was ready with the dyno. On paper, the 323i is using the same engine block as the 325. However the engine is detuned to 190bhp for the 323 instead of 218bhp for the 325.

On the dyno, it registered 163bhp (due to RWD power conversion loss?). After that, it registered 219bhp.. That's a pretty steep increase. I've been doing quite a bit of research on the Net, was expecting averagely 10-25hp. And I realised my tank was on 95 coz when I pulled up at the petrol station asking for 98, the pump attendant said that pump only had 95 so I was lazy to drive to a pump with 98.

00145.jpg

Hence, 219bhp on Octane 95 is pretty cool. The instructions recommend min Octane 97 so I'll pump 98 next time, but so far so good on 95. My 323 just became a 325i with just over a $1k mod. It's not exactly a 325 as I hear that maybe some parts are different but let's not get into the details.

Anyway, real drive feeling is much better. My former drive was a Lexus IS250 with a V6 204bhp, it was pretty ok and usually I need not rev beyond 2K to get comfortable acceleration. With the original 323, it felt like I was driving a tank or my Dad's 523i. Really tiring to step on the accelerator to rev the engine to 2.5-3K rpm to get decent acceleration.

After the installation, default on map 3 with full throttle mapping, the car felt extremely sensitive. from idle rpm to 2k was fast and i felt increase torque, acceleration. First turn out of Sin Ming, my step on the accelerator caused the rpm to jump to 5k in a split second. Wah lau eh, it's nice but i hate this turbo kinda acceleration. Would have gotten an A5 if I wanted turbo. Anyway, I feathered the throttle but on times it would fly like a mad rabbit if i stepped too quick or deep. I downed to map 2 and it was pretty much smoother and comfortable. Almost like my previous ride. Now normal acceleration takes between 1.8k - 2.3k rpm. My fuel mileage reads about 360km travelled with potentially 150km more. I would average it around 500-530km per full tank which is similar to my unmodded setup.

Felt engine was still running a lil rough so I changed to the Nology sparks. OK!!!!!! Now it's really smooth and creamy liao. :D

Thumbs up for this product. Definitely value for money in terms of hp increase vs other products.

Replica469;569304 said:
Hi guys, I brought my E92 323 to Boss last week immediately after servicing my car. Would like to share my experience with the PowerBox for those who are still considering the upgrade.

Nicholas was kind to attend to me immediately to install the Powerbox + Dyno.Took about 45mins to 1 hour to do up the car. Finally the car was ready with the dyno. On paper, the 323i is using the same engine block as the 325. However the engine is detuned to 190bhp for the 323 instead of 218bhp for the 325.

On the dyno, it registered 163bhp (due to RWD power conversion loss?). After that, it registered 219bhp.. That's a pretty steep increase. I've been doing quite a bit of research on the Net, was expecting averagely 10-25hp. And I realised my tank was on 95 coz when I pulled up at the petrol station asking for 98, the pump attendant said that pump only had 95 so I was lazy to drive to a pump with 98.

00145.jpg

Hence, 219bhp on Octane 95 is pretty cool. The instructions recommend min Octane 97 so I'll pump 98 next time, but so far so good on 95. My 323 just became a 325i with just over a $1k mod. It's not exactly a 325 as I hear that maybe some parts are different but let's not get into the details.

Anyway, real drive feeling is much better. My former drive was a Lexus IS250 with a V6 204bhp, it was pretty ok and usually I need not rev beyond 2K to get comfortable acceleration. With the original 323, it felt like I was driving a tank or my Dad's 523i. Really tiring to step on the accelerator to rev the engine to 2.5-3K rpm to get decent acceleration.

After the installation, default on map 3 with full throttle mapping, the car felt extremely sensitive. from idle rpm to 2k was fast and i felt increase torque, acceleration. First turn out of Sin Ming, my step on the accelerator caused the rpm to jump to 5k in a split second. Wah lau eh, it's nice but i hate this turbo kinda acceleration. Would have gotten an A5 if I wanted turbo. Anyway, I feathered the throttle but on times it would fly like a mad rabbit if i stepped too quick or deep. I downed to map 2 and it was pretty much smoother and comfortable. Almost like my previous ride. Now normal acceleration takes between 1.8k - 2.3k rpm. My fuel mileage reads about 360km travelled with potentially 150km more. I would average it around 500-530km per full tank which is similar to my unmodded setup.

Felt engine was still running a lil rough so I changed to the Nology sparks. OK!!!!!! Now it's really smooth and creamy liao. :D

Thumbs up for this product. Definitely value for money in terms of hp increase vs other products.

Hi replica,

Congrats................PBox....

wow, you can do around 500-530km per full tank......good man......
i can only do around 380 per full tank on my 2.5L Z4............if i gun around 340km
or 320km

cheers

Hi ac323,

I usually feather the throttle so i hardly exceed 3k rpm.. I pump my tyres to 250 front 270 behind too. I travel expressway frequently as I stay in Simei so surrounded by ECP, PIE, TPE so that could explain the better fuel consumption. Maybe your Z4 fuel tank smaller that's why 380 average? How much do you pump each time and how long?

Mine is about $100 a pump, last about 6 days averaging 500++ km. My IS250 could do 6-8 days on a single pump.

cheers!

Replica469;569321 said:
Hi ac323,

I usually feather the throttle so i hardly exceed 3k rpm.. I pump my tyres to 250 front 270 behind too. I travel expressway frequently as I stay in Simei so surrounded by ECP, PIE, TPE so that could explain the better fuel consumption. Maybe your Z4 fuel tank smaller that's why 380 average? How much do you pump each time and how long?

Mine is about $100 a pump, last about 6 days averaging 500++ km. My IS250 could do 6-8 days on a single pump.

cheers!

Hi Replica,

all Bimmer same 60L tank ( not sure about the big brother 7 Series tank )

my 380km is 50% short traffic/city driving 50% Highway....
(maybe my right foot heavy)

full tank around S$100 before discount...

cheers

I see.. Wow.. If that's the case your right foot is indeed heavy. :D

Nology so good? Sounds like No Logic !

50bhp increase for an NA tune alone without pipe or intake mods is abit unbelievable? thats like a turbo stage mod!??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomon3000
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back