Getting a used E60

Re: Getting a used E60

dear all,
does most of the 05 e60 come with updated idrive software?
am thinking of changing to an 05 e60.
Have no idea whether to take the leap of faith as have heard many horror stories about bmw.
my friend drives an 08 525i but it's still driving like a dream. not sure if the 05 can do the same
any inputs/advices?

Aldebaran;649490 said:
dear all,
does most of the 05 e60 come with updated idrive software?
am thinking of changing to an 05 e60.
Have no idea whether to take the leap of faith as have heard many horror stories about bmw.
my friend drives an 08 525i but it's still driving like a dream. not sure if the 05 can do the same
any inputs/advices?

You can get soundwerks to install the latest idrive for you. But I dun think any of the 05 will come with it.

To the TS: It is better to send the car down to BVO or Boss to checkout the car conditions and what to replace/etc before you commit to the car.

I drive a 06 E60 for 1.5 years now. Basically no much problems except recently consume too much engine oil. My mileage so high now so Bo bian unless overhaul the engine.

blacktrek;649558 said:
I drive a 06 E60 for 1.5 years now. Basically no much problems except recently consume too much engine oil. My mileage so high now so Bo bian unless overhaul the engine.

Other issues:
1. Jerky gearbox...especially when come to a stop
2. Coils may need changing
3. Waterpump need to change - overheating signs

Forgot to mention my gearbox for a bit if jerky recently during low speed but I can live with it. I had change to Koni FSD + eibach combo for the lowering look and handling. And also change my water pump at 150k to play safe even got no sigh of overheating. Other than these is just normal wear and tear like brake, lower arms bush, belt and maybe engine a bit noisier than new car.

like that ah...
apart from the common wear and tear such as air-con, alternator coils, water pump and fuel pump, what else to look out for on an 05 523i?

I drive an 07 530I Jap specs and apart from a change of the starter and a good 1st servicing (changed all fluids) for piece of mind - I have no complaints. Like you I too read many horror stories about the maintenance point of view especially the 5 series but so far I thank God all is good :)

E60 is the best car on earth....

but i am bias....

but still i love e60....

but...

please by 530i and above... then shiok

Re: Getting a used E60 (engine vibrating / gear jerk solved!)

iplaygolf;624089 said:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but i have a 5 yr old E60 and recently found the engine to be vibrating too much, compared to when i got it 3 months ago.

Checked with PML and they said it is normal. PML solved the gear jerk problem at only SGD 44 nonetheless :) I can provide more info if anyone here needs it.

Back to the engine vibrating, what should i do? The needle rests below 1000 rpm, should i increase the flow to have a quieter engine??

Thanks!

I need more info on gear jerk. What did pml do for $44? Wch pml u went? Me closer to kg arang. Drive in or make appt? My E90 got gear jerk.

I made appointment at Alexandra. Described the gear jerk problem to the Service Advisor (remember it was Justin) and he said will take a day to check. In the end, these guys did someting related to 'adaptation'. No more gear jerk since Feb...

Hi guys

I'm new to BMW-SG forum.
I'm seeing models like E60, E90 etc

Mine is a Jan'09 525i XL.
So my drive is a E???

How do I know what E60 or E90 stands for???
Sorry for the silly question.

JCzzzzz;653766 said:
Hi guys

I'm new to BMW-SG forum.

So my drive is a E???

Yours is e60....

JCzzzzz;653766 said:
Hi guys

I'm new to BMW-SG forum.

So my drive is a E???

Hi JC,

yours is E60....(previous 5 Series) current 5 is F10
E90 is the current 3 Series (Sedan), upcoming 3 is F30

* if not sure, you may come down this Sunday meet-up so you will be able to learn more and to see different models as well.......
cheers

Thanks etan1 & ac323!

ac323 mentioned Sundays meeting, is it still last Sunday of the month?
The forum on Sundays meeting seems not updated.

Hi all,

Sorry to hijack the thread here, i am sourcing for an E60 between year 06 to 07. Spoke to a workshop guy. He claimed that should go for 07 manufacturer as the gearbox is a better one. Call E gear?

The pricing for 06 & 07 seem quite a gap, because of the gearbox?

CAn anyone help?

Thanks
Ct

Ct13;661922 said:
Hi all,

Sorry to hijack the thread here, i am sourcing for an E60 between year 06 to 07. Spoke to a workshop guy. He claimed that should go for 07 manufacturer as the gearbox is a better one. Call E gear?

The pricing for 06 & 07 seem quite a gap, because of the gearbox?

CAn anyone help?

Thanks
Ct

Yes those after 2007 Jun are called LCI models.
Engine tuning is different, headlamps, rearlamps, body styling, interior (dashboard, door panels), and gearbox(Electronic gear).
hence the price difference.

sent u a PM

JCzzzzz;654605 said:
Thanks etan1 & ac323!

ac323 mentioned Sundays meeting, is it still last Sunday of the month?
The forum on Sundays meeting seems not updated.

Hi JC,

is every last Sunday of the month.......4.30pm to 6.30pm at Kallang Leisure car park F

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back