Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

SMYUEN

Legendary 10 Years
Hey folks,

I still love BMW but its getting too slow for my liking. No doubt, the balance between performance and comfort is still top class, but its inferior power: weight ratio means the Bimmer always lags behind other better powered and lighter cars.

Have been in a dilema for a loooong time. Feel sad giving up the Bimmer cos I still loves the way it drives, and looks. And I basically have a soft spot for the roundel, dont know why. But the lure of the forbidden fruit from turbo whooosh and pussh is too great to ignore.

Volvo S60R
Evo 9
Saab 9-3 Aero

What would you do if it were you?

Evo 9 before the kids arrive!

Evo 9.

The rest won't cut it.

And after a whileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.................... you'll ask yourself "WHY THE HELL DID I SELL THE BMW FOR!?"

Life's like that.

I thot u said u need an auto. If so, change to 330i or the Legacy GT lor. I think the latter is bang for buck.

T6 said:
I thot u said u need an auto. If so, change to 330i or the Legacy GT lor. I think the latter is bang for buck.

330i too expensive lah..

I think it more than just power. Maybe he's looking for a stiffer, sportier chassis? Better geared, better traction?

SMYUEN said:
Hey folks,

I still love BMW but its getting too slow for my liking. No doubt, the balance between performance and comfort is still top class, but its inferior power: weight ratio means the Bimmer always lags behind other better powered and lighter cars.

Have been in a dilema for a loooong time. Feel sad giving up the Bimmer cos I still loves the way it drives, and looks. And I basically have a soft spot for the roundel, dont know why. But the lure of the forbidden fruit from turbo whooosh and pussh is too great to ignore.

Volvo S60R
Evo 9
Saab 9-3 Aero

What would you do if it were you?

It's all happening after your sepang trips, isnt it?

For the best value of BHP per Dollar, Evo9 is the one to go for

Else, I would also wait for the upcoming Mazda 6MPS,...AWD, Turbocharged, 250bhp++
If not Legacy GT is surely pretty tempting with alot of mods potential too.

If u can stretch some $$, check out those 'good' bargain 390bhp Maserati 4200 yr 03 goin for 260K there about.

rex7_vtec said:
Dun give up your car just because its not fast enuff.... Anyway how fast do you wanna go? You gonna lose out on your loan and are you topping up to get a new car? If dats the case, give me your money I'll get you 330bhp.........

well, faster than now loh...

money for 330bhp? Hmmm...

rex7_vtec said:
Perhaps.... But anyway if marriage is one the list then forget changing to other cars for now...

Exactly becos of that then got no $$$ to do up to 330bhp! haha.

The other cars are all substantially cheaper... just that it is a waste to sell my car now.

Welbo said:
Doc,

You may want to consider the VW Golf GTI..........white one very nice...

Somehow, that is banned from my library by the soon-to-be cooper owner. kekekeke

Shaun said:
I think it more than just power. Maybe he's looking for a stiffer, sportier chassis? Better geared, better traction?

You are quite right on that... something more gung-ho so-to-speak...

Funny leh.........your better half ban you from Golf GTI, Saab 9-3 Aero...etc.
I think your are destine to buy the M3 or M5 liao.......kekeke

Cheers!

TripleM said:
It's all happening after your sepang trips, isnt it?

For the best value of BHP per Dollar, Evo9 is the one to go for

Else, I would also wait for the upcoming Mazda 6MPS,...AWD, Turbocharged, 250bhp++
If not Legacy GT is surely pretty tempting with alot of mods potential too.

If u can stretch some $$, check out those 'good' bargain 390bhp Maserati 4200 yr 03 goin for 260K there about.

390Bhp maser sounds good but 260k is way beyond my budget!

Quite like the EVO 9... Dont fancy mazda. Think the legacy is growing on me too...

Welbo said:
Funny leh.........your better half ban you from Golf GTI, Saab 9-3 Aero...etc.
I think your are destine to buy the M3 or M5 liao.......kekeke

Cheers!

yah lor.. where to find $$? jia lat... she only like BMW and mini. And of course she "fell in love" with the CLK 55 AMG. Talk about expensive taste.... sigh....

SMYUEN said:
she only like BMW and mini.

U shd have juz passed OC the cab then u can get manual and yet not lose money on the cab.

S60r

Get the S60R. They have the auto version. You won't regret it. Comfort + Power. Got mine few months back and loving every minute of it especially driving up north........... :evil: You can still tune it more than 300bhp!
Cheers!

:dance:

Doc,

Look out for a used E46 M3 with SMG, I think 3yr old ones should be going for 180-170K.

Otherwise, in terms of bang for the buck, I think nothing beats an EVO9.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back