Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

i hate all swedish cars. to me, anyone driving a volvo or saab will automatically be my enemy....just caned one s60 2.0T on malaysian highway.

ps: no offence to anyone in the forum who happened to own a second car which happens to be swedish made.

sirkench said:
i hate all swedish cars. to me, anyone driving a volvo or saab will automatically be my enemy....just caned one s60 2.0T on malaysian highway.

ps: no offence to anyone in the forum who happened to own a second car which happens to be swedish made.
Strange. How come you hate them?

Would like to hear your views...

SM

Jialat liao lah... U r poisoned!!

Here's a preview of an evo below. hahaha

sirkench said:

Hmmm, I wouldn't boast about caning a 2.0. Let me know if you spank a T5 or R esp on the straight on NS.

quiksilver said:
Saab 93 Aero...understated, sleeper car...:D

Or a V70R...understated sleeper estate :D

Evo9 if you are young and unmarried...or if it is a second car

S60R is you are married or likes a good balance btw comfort and power. Get the manual. If you need an auto, get the T5 variant instead or wait till next year when the S60R auto will come with a six speed gear box with no torque limits in 1st and 2nd gear :)

Saab...I have nvr been a fan of this marque...so am not qualified to comment.

sirkench said:

Tsk tsk tsk...Micheal Fay was an American...not a Swede :D You caned the wrong car :lol2:

But seriously...why you hate Swedish cars?

SMYUEN said:
Hey folks,

I still love BMW but its getting too slow for my liking. No doubt, the balance between performance and comfort is still top class, but its inferior power: weight ratio means the Bimmer always lags behind other better powered and lighter cars.

Have been in a dilema for a loooong time. Feel sad giving up the Bimmer cos I still loves the way it drives, and looks. And I basically have a soft spot for the roundel, dont know why. But the lure of the forbidden fruit from turbo whooosh and pussh is too great to ignore.

Volvo S60R
Evo 9
Saab 9-3 Aero

What would you do if it were you?

I know a leading Japanese exporter thats selling the Evo 9 (6 speed manual.. not the GSR version) for US$39,800! US dollar is weak now so grab the chance!!! keke

SMYUEN said:
You are quite right on that... something more gung-ho so-to-speak...

Cool. You're still young, so save all the less sporty/ more luxurious cars for older age I would say - esp if you enjoy track driving.

Wayansurfer said:
Why not get a used M3..its pocket rocket for sure
Yeah... think about it...

Look for a 2yr+ M3 Coupe. If you can get a good price for your 325 cabriolet now, the top up in $$ may not be as significant. And if you still enjoy the flair of the convertible, a M3 cab may fit your requirements. Keke, NA, good performance, comfort.

SM, at the rate you change cars (

Used E7 RS choc full of goodies!

Puny said:
Yeah... think about it...

Look for a 2yr+ M3 Coupe. If you can get a good price for your 325 cabriolet now, the top up in $$ may not be as significant. And if you still enjoy the flair of the convertible, a M3 cab may fit your requirements. Keke, NA, good performance, comfort.

SM, at the rate you change cars (

Snoopy49 said:
Get the S60R. They have the auto version. You won't regret it. Comfort + Power. Got mine few months back and loving every minute of it especially driving up north........... :evil: You can still tune it more than 300bhp!
Cheers!

:dance:

S60R auto!?!?!?

That sounds good!!

Yeah man... 5.7 seconds car has to be wonderful.

Whisky_Tango said:
SM

Jialat liao lah... U r poisoned!!

Here's a preview of an evo below. hahaha

Yah lor... all your fault.. go there "paaat paat paat" when my top is down and make me jealous (and pissed....) kekekeke

ryan said:
Strange. How come you hate them?

Would like to hear your views...

Luckily I didnt my buy my 9-3 aero.

kekekeke

Shaun said:
Used E7 RS choc full of goodies!

Whats that? Care to enlighten?

SMYUEN said:
S60R auto!?!?!?

That sounds good!!

Yeah man... 5.7 seconds car has to be wonderful.

Actually, the MY05 S60R auto 0-100 time is closer to 7 seconds. This is because 1st and 2nd gears are torque limited :( It is the manual version that you can get 6 secs timing in stock form.

But the MY06 S60R auto for next year is rumoured to have an uprated 6 spd gearbox with no torque limits :) MY06 orders for Volvo will typically start aroun June this year with delivery in Oct.

swede cars are quite fast on the NSH, especially the chipped turbo ones. however none of them handle as well and are definitely not as nimble as the BMWs. they dont track well. as a cruiser, definitely bang for the buck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangnhapfun88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back