Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

Re: Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

MRacer77 said:
wah lau eh... manual you want discount? I would acutally pay to have the car come in manual man... sheesh....

*ash... I want some commission if i help to sell your car ok?* hahaha!
You are right my friend!!! I'm looking for 6-speed manual .... can't seem to let go of that yankin'-the-stick-shift attitude.... sigh....

Not letting go so soon la. Still looking around. Alpina B3S sounds good on specs but heck .. looks quite dated la the design. In addition, getting proper financing plans on the car I realise is gonna be a problem as the car would be imported directly from Japan... so have to seriously consider.....

Other cars I have considered... whaddya think?

1) S60R
2) 147 GTA
3) DC5

Sigh...decisions...decisions....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT decided...

Remus325 said:
If i were you i would wait one, two or even three more years so as to save up more money. Then you would be able to afford much better cars than the ones listed above. The worry is that if you get any one of those cars you listed above you may become bored with them again in a year's time and the vicious cycle will continue. Better to get a car that is significantly better than the 325 than one that is just marginally better. With the recent launch of the new 3 series, you will be taking a big hit by selling off the 325 cab now. By waiting you will soften that depreciation hit. By waiting and saving now you will also need to borrow less money from the bank and pay less interest. If suppose you can save 100K a year over the next three years then brand new maseratis, porsches, and used ferraris will all be within each reach liao.

Bro Yuen,

I agree wif Remus325 totally; even if u do not save/earn another 100K in the next 2-3 years, the monies saved fm the lesser interest paid for a new ride n the lower depn fm the current 325 cab will b substantial; also, if u muz die die change car, then y not consider those cars around apr/may 2002 n before? kinda old in yr context but these cars r the ones wif the 80% parf n u may find some gems here. will b gd for a frequent car changer like u to buy such cars as u can export it at the 5th year (about 1-2 years later). u may noe tis, but wif 80% parf, at 5th year, u get 130% of yr OMV plus 50% COE plus body value. of course, u can demod n sell mods separately; keepin tis in mind, many super cars depreciation are actually cheaper then the new bmws like yr cabrio; for example, the porsches box S, or even some 911996 C2 or C4.

need more notes on tis? call me. we go shoppin 2gether. Of course, if all cars u find stil slow, then i tink hymics is rite. hav to buy Fei Ji. haha.

Cheers

Arsony said:

1) S60R
2) 147 GTA
3) DC5

You driving an IT-R??!?!??
Funny....

Arsony said:

1) S60R
2) 147 GTA
3) DC5

QUOTE]

Definitely not S60R....
147GTA seems quite a decent one if u can find a used one.

However, I think Evo will suit you, then we can call u Dr.Evo

Gd luck bro

Arsony said:
You are right my friend!!! I'm looking for 6-speed manual .... can't seem to let go of that yankin'-the-stick-shift attitude.... sigh....

Not letting go so soon la. Still looking around. Alpina B3S sounds good on specs but heck .. looks quite dated la the design. In addition, getting proper financing plans on the car I realise is gonna be a problem as the car would be imported directly from Japan... so have to seriously consider.....

1) S60R
2) 147 GTA
3) DC5

Arsony

Hi,

I think you need emissions test report for direct import. I've spoken to one Japanese exporter (sports cars in general) and that testing (Japan Vehicle Inspection Association or JVIA in short ) costs approximately US$1,300-US$1,500.

I personally think this is a good way to buy a brand new car since you can save on the dealer's mark up. Of course you're talking about less than common cars such as Evo, STi Spec C, DC5 R, EP3 R and even the Skyline V35!

But you have to check with LTA if the car has been brought in previously. Else, you'll have to homologate.

Arsony said:

1) S60R
2) 147 GTA
3) DC5

Arsony
All not FR leh... in fact, I thot the GTA was a selectspeed and not a manual? But the engine in the Alfa is sweet! sound is almost orgasmic (can I say that here?) However, with the Alfa, the resale value is not so good, you can get a used one for quite a good price.

eddiefiola said:
u want auto n faster car. forget evo. buy bentley or maybach 62.
a bit of a difference in price yah?

MRacer77 said:
a bit of a difference in price yah?

Yeah boy,
the first one can buy 5 evo whereas the 2nd one can buy probably 7 Evos..LOL...

Can still get Evo, but must hunt for used Evo7 GTA. 5sp auto with not-as-high rear wing. I've only ever seen one so far.

DreamDriver said:
Can still get Evo, but must hunt for used Evo7 GTA. 5sp auto with not-as-high rear wing. I've only ever seen one so far.
there are a few... just have to look... but Evo 7 GTA cannot mod much... the tranny cannot take it... maybe up to 350 hp only.

or try getting lexus gs300 twin turbo, auto some more...... much powerful than manual evo..

Audi RS4 or RS6. Nuff said. Will smoke the S60R and much more lively to drive,,, but hard to find and costly.... :lol2:

sirkench said:
i hate all swedish cars. to me, anyone driving a volvo or saab will automatically be my enemy....just caned one s60 2.0T on malaysian highway.

ps: no offence to anyone in the forum who happened to own a second car which happens to be swedish made.

Alamak, why take things so personal???? Re-lack la

sirkench said:
ryan.....hate losing when on the highway. i pride myself on having nerves of steel as much as a slightly above average car. however, volvo s60 and saab 9-3/ 9-5 drivers tend to have lion balls as well as an extremely powerful car. and they inevitably cane me.

just like when i was in school, hate losing on marks or position. it is just like that.

Canned by Volvo S60?... What car r u driving?

marko-polo, why do u hate volvo n saab so much? i find both of them are good cars. anyway, i think that guy in volvo just couldn't be bothered by u, blasting away from him. betcha if i was in that volvo, i will tailgate u until perlis from jb.

anyway, what car are u driving? prancing horse or lambo?

eddiefiola said:
marko-polo, why do u hate volvo n saab so much? i find both of them are good cars. anyway, i think that guy in volvo just couldn't be bothered by u, blasting away from him. betcha if i was in that volvo, i will tailgate u until perlis from jb.

anyway, what car are u driving? prancing horse or lambo?

Bro, I think u have misread Marco-polo's posting. It is Sirkench who does not like Swedish cars.

MRacer77 said:
there are a few... just have to look... but Evo 7 GTA cannot mod much... the tranny cannot take it... maybe up to 350 hp only.

I believe there's a GTA guy in SG running a good amount over 350hp

sorry marko-polo, was rushing just now...... thought was u that hated swedish autos.......

hei sirkench, why do u hate saab n volvo so much? coz u cannot afford it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back