Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

Get a used M3 coupe lah... it you want to have a faster better handling car, most of the time you need a hard top... a soft top won't cut it... besides, used M3s now cost way below $200k... its real value.

SMYUEN said:
Whats that? Care to enlighten?

The Evo 7 RS is a lightweight minimum spec Evo that allows the buyer to spec it out with the stuff he really wants. You can look for a good second hand one and then do it up the way you want. For example, a repeatable 400hp in any weather condition, massively strong driveline components (mechanical differentials), properly set up suspension, good tires...

Evo 6.5 TME lagi good! Lighter, faster...

I tink FeiJi lagi fast...

Doc.. best of luck on yr hunt...

SMYUEN said:
Hey folks,

I still love BMW but its getting too slow for my liking. No doubt, the balance between performance and comfort is still top class, but its inferior power: weight ratio means the Bimmer always lags behind other better powered and lighter cars.

Have been in a dilema for a loooong time. Feel sad giving up the Bimmer cos I still loves the way it drives, and looks. And I basically have a soft spot for the roundel, dont know why. But the lure of the forbidden fruit from turbo whooosh and pussh is too great to ignore.

Volvo S60R
Evo 9
Saab 9-3 Aero

What would you do if it were you?

If i were you i would wait one, two or even three more years so as to save up more money. Then you would be able to afford much better cars than the ones listed above. The worry is that if you get any one of those cars you listed above you may become bored with them again in a year's time and the vicious cycle will continue. Better to get a car that is significantly better than the 325 than one that is just marginally better. With the recent launch of the new 3 series, you will be taking a big hit by selling off the 325 cab now. By waiting you will soften that depreciation hit. By waiting and saving now you will also need to borrow less money from the bank and pay less interest. If suppose you can save 100K a year over the next three years then brand new maseratis, porsches, and used ferraris will all be within each reach liao.

Shaun said:
You think?

Everyone knows! WAhhahaha

Think yr *censored*.... Dun OT Docs Thread...

Sorry doc for Oting ur thread... some *censored* kia dun noe hw to tink...

Hymics said:
Think yr *censored*.... Dun OT Docs Thread...

Sorry doc for Oting ur thread... some *censored* kia dun noe hw to tink...

If you are concerned about OTing the in first place, don't start uselessly commenting on my posts to others when you know our history. I invite the mods to remove ALL OT posts in this thread, including mine.

Shaun said:
If you are concerned about OTing the in first place, don't start uselessly commenting on my posts to others when you know our history. I invite the mods to remove ALL OT posts in this thread, including mine.
Okay guys.

Last warning.

Please do not continue this back and forth of words in this thread. Any more OT posts after mine, will be removed without warning. Let's get back to topic, thanks.

Shaun said:
If you are concerned about OTing the in first place, don't start uselessly commenting on my posts to others when you know our history. .

Halo when did I quote u... Simi History??? Useless yr CB!!!!

ryan said:
Okay guys.

Last warning.

Please do not continue this back and forth of words in this thread. Any more OT posts after mine, will be removed without warning. Let's get back to topic, thanks.

Sori ryan.. ok on thread now..

I still think FeiJi faster...

ok hymics and shaun both of you pls chill...

we both know winning a war of words on the internet never amounts to anything coz its pretty boh liao. it doesnt matter who gets the last word here nobody remembers.

shall we all pls drop this matter and help sm spend his money on yet another car? (damn where did the smilies go?)

Racebred said:
ok hymics and shaun both of you pls chill...

we both know winning a war of words on the internet never amounts to anything coz its pretty boh liao. it doesnt matter who gets the last word here nobody remembers.

shall we all pls drop this matter and help sm spend his money on yet another car? (damn where did the smilies go?)

Sori oso RB... I agree...

I will wait for my gd BROTHER Shaun to come back to Singapore... Cheers!!

Daniel........... seriously. i'm not going to edit or delete your prev post. but you do know name calling is not appreciated here. Please take them offline.

I'm very sure SM does not appreciate that his thread has now been dragged mud again.

anyways i'm friends to both of you so i do hope that we're all cool about this and carry on with the proper discussions. everyone happy?

Remus325 said:
If i were you i would wait one, two or even three more years so as to save up more money. Then you would be able to afford much better cars than the ones listed above. The worry is that if you get any one of those cars you listed above you may become bored with them again in a year's time and the vicious cycle will continue. Better to get a car that is significantly better than the 325 than one that is just marginally better. With the recent launch of the new 3 series, you will be taking a big hit by selling off the 325 cab now. By waiting you will soften that depreciation hit. By waiting and saving now you will also need to borrow less money from the bank and pay less interest. If suppose you can save 100K a year over the next three years then brand new maseratis, porsches, and used ferraris will all be within each reach liao.

Agree with you.. but how on earth can I save 100k a year?!?!?!?

Unless I become big-time "tua lo kun" (big doctor)... kekeke.

But I am seriously considering buying used since I will save some money....

DVanos said:
sm, i agree wif wat remus325 said. dun change now, save up for a few more years, get something more "interesting". ;)

like grandsport??

I love the exhaust..... can die....

But I got to wait a few more years uh..... sigh.... very long hor..

But maybe my 325 can fetch better now? It will be worse when E90 cabrio hits the streets right...

Wait for 2-3yrs..save up as sumone has mentioned.. but as for me, I would still get the M3.
You would have the class and the speed + handling capabilty. ITs like a wolf in sheeps clothing. For those not inclined to BMWs, upon seeing you on the road, ahh its just a another Bimmer..till u stretch its legs...than it would be the force to be reckon with.

Just my 0.5 cents

SM,

No need to change car lah. You buy used, you will be hit by the following factors;
a) transfer fee
b) rule 78 on your 325 cab unless you have no loan as you are very loaned
c) all your modd on your 325 down the drain (just bought the m3 paddel shift right?)
d) lose your BMW(Bring More Woman Nurse) badge etc etc..........

Save the money, put in
a) PSS9 coilover
b) thick anti roll bar
c) SC your car
d) ECU tunning after SC
e) Pilot Sport Cup tire for track use
f) Recardo Seat for the driver
g) 1/4 street cams
h) change all bushes to powerflex
i) AP racing 6 pot brake at the front and 4 pot at the rear
j) Castrol super duper expensive brake fluid (can't recall name about $300 to do complete flush)
k) Increase your Life Insurance coverage.......kekeke

Cheers!

Welbo said:
SM,

No need to change car lah. You buy used, you will be hit by the following factors;
a) transfer fee
b) rule 78 on your 325 cab unless you have no loan as you are very loaned
c) all your modd on your 325 down the drain (just bought the m3 paddel shift right?)
d) lose your BMW(Bring More Woman Nurse) badge etc etc..........

Save the money, put in
a) PSS9 coilover
b) thick anti roll bar
c) SC your car
d) ECU tunning after SC
e) Pilot Sport Cup tire for track use
f) Recardo Seat for the driver
g) Increase your Life Insurance coverage.......kekeke

Cheers!

Agree with Welson, dun let someone benefit from your loss, juz SC the bugger

Latest posts

Members online