Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

Welbo said:
SM,

No need to change car lah. You buy used, you will be hit by the following factors;
a) transfer fee
b) rule 78 on your 325 cab unless you have no loan as you are very loaned
c) all your modd on your 325 down the drain (just bought the m3 paddel shift right?)
d) lose your BMW(Bring More Woman Nurse) badge etc etc..........

Save the money, put in
a) PSS9 coilover
b) thick anti roll bar
c) SC your car
d) ECU tunning after SC
e) Pilot Sport Cup tire for track use
f) Recardo Seat for the driver
g) 1/4 street cams
h) change all bushes to powerflex
i) AP racing 6 pot brake at the front and 4 pot at the rear
j) Castrol super duper expensive brake fluid (can't recall name about $300 to do complete flush)
k) Increase your Life Insurance coverage.......kekeke

Cheers!

Wah lau you think I print money?

Btw, whats rule 78?

Cant I just get a 3 year old M3?

T6 said:
Agree with Welson, dun let someone benefit from your loss, juz SC the bugger

I very good boy one. Dont SC.... kekekeke

MRacer77 said:
Get a used M3 coupe lah... it you want to have a faster better handling car, most of the time you need a hard top... a soft top won't cut it... besides, used M3s now cost way below $200k... its real value.

Really?? Who is selling?

Cabriolets that do not make use of the most exotic of materials and construction techniques, have two major things going against them - weight, and a relative lack of chassis rigidity. Rollover safety is also questionable. Getting a cabriolet to carry speed through corners is tough and requires a disproportionate amount of money, engineering, and time.

Powering up a heavy, flexible chassis, you effectively end up with a drag car.. not the most fun driving experience.

SMYUEN said:
Agree with you.. but how on earth can I save 100k a year?!?!?!?

Unless I become big-time "tua lo kun" (big doctor)... kekeke.

But I am seriously considering buying used since I will save some money....

Doc, 100K a year is probably not difficult in your (very good :p) profession. Even if you save 50% of that, in 3 years with the top up from your existing car you will be able to easily put the 30% down on a 500K car. Getting used is a great idea too esp if you don't plan on holding the car for 10 years as you let someone else take the huge early depreciation hit in the first two years of ownership.

Remus325 said:
Doc, 100K a year is probably not difficult in your (very good :p) profession. Even if you save 50% of that, in 3 years with the top up from your existing car you will be able to easily put the 30% down on a 500K car. Getting used is a great idea too esp if you don't plan on holding the car for 10 years as you let someone else take the huge early depreciation hit in the first two years of ownership.

Well, all I can say is I wont be makine 100k for a few years as yet... haha..

So lets start searching for used... reckon a 3 year old M3 will be kind of whacked out of shape?

SMYUEN said:
like grandsport??

I love the exhaust..... can die....

But I got to wait a few more years uh..... sigh.... very long hor..

But maybe my 325 can fetch better now? It will be worse when E90 cabrio hits the streets right...

yup, Gran Sport is a nice! i like! keke

choose something u like, i regret spending so much on changing cars. will b more sensible fr now on. ;)

d e46 cab prices will definitely b better now lah, but your car stil very new and nice, y dun u keep it for a while more?

same goes for the cars u wanna buy now but find too expensive, their prices will drop as well, n u shd b v comfy buying in a year or 2. if u continue driving the e46 cab, d depre u suffer wont b very significant compare to say u settle your finance now, pay the penalty n suffer the losses now, buy another car, drive 1 year, wanna change car, so full settlement again, pay penalty n suffer another losses... u mus well jus keep this cab until u r comfortable getting dat "interesting" car u want. i duno if i m making sense here. kekeke

DVanos said:
yup, Gran Sport is a nice! i like! keke

choose something u like, i regret spending so much on changing cars. will b more sensible fr now on. ;)

d e46 cab prices will definitely b better now lah, but your car stil very new and nice, y dun u keep it for a while more?

same goes for the cars u wanna buy now but find too expensive, their prices will drop as well, n u shd b v comfy buying in a year or 2. if u continue driving the e46 cab, d depre u suffer wont b very significant compare to say u settle your finance now, pay the penalty n suffer the losses now, buy another car, drive 1 year, wanna change car, so full settlement again, pay penalty n suffer another losses... u mus well jus keep this cab until u r comfortable getting dat "interesting" car u want. i duno if i m making sense here. kekeke

Well actually you are.. very sensible indeed. So I guess I just got to hold on for now...

Hmmm. "that" car I like.. so many cant decide.

keke

SMYUEN said:
Really?? Who is selling?

There are actually a number of used M3s on the market. Look at the classifieds and you should be able to find out quite easily. If you need any advise, you can PM me. Cheers!

Proscar,

I remembered caning a white T4 once only to be almost caned by the TP after that....

Hey SM, you wanna make offer for my car? My hands a bit itchy if you know what I mean.....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT caned... yet.

Arsony said:
Proscar,

I remembered caning a white T4 once only to be almost caned by the TP after that....

Hey SM, you wanna make offer for my car? My hands a bit itchy if you know what I mean.....

Arsony

You hands itchy for what? the Alpina B3s ah.. heheh...

sirkench said:
i hate all swedish cars. to me, anyone driving a volvo or saab will automatically be my enemy....just caned one s60 2.0T on malaysian highway.

ps: no offence to anyone in the forum who happened to own a second car which happens to be swedish made.

it seems like you caned alot of cars eh... try canning me big boy.. lets hope you drive as hard as you talk,

Arsony said:
Proscar,

Arsony

hahaaa, now better not caned WRX, else see whether they whip your licence or not

Re: Giving up the Bimmer for something faster.......?

shaaz said:
it seems like you caned alot of cars eh... try canning me big boy.. lets hope you drive as hard as you talk,
Down boy! Down!

SM: Get the M3! best value for money in my books...

ryan.....hate losing when on the highway. i pride myself on having nerves of steel as much as a slightly above average car. however, volvo s60 and saab 9-3/ 9-5 drivers tend to have lion balls as well as an extremely powerful car. and they inevitably cane me.

just like when i was in school, hate losing on marks or position. it is just like that.

"hate losing when on the highway. i pride myself on having nerves of steel "

Well, there is a difference between pride and ego you know. Just as much as there is a difference between courage and foolhardiness. The latter, I found out when trying to cane the white S40 with the blue letterings by the side...ouch!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT caned...yet

Arsony said:

Well, there is a difference between pride and ego you know. Just as much as there is a difference between courage and foolhardiness. The latter, I found out when trying to cane the white S40 with the blue letterings by the side...ouch!

Arsony
thats why you should always look properly before you try to cane anyone...

You letting go off your car ah? what are you looking to get?

Haha.. lets stop the caning...

Ash!

I want your car! But is manual leh..... Must have big discount...

Arsony said:

Arsony

Agree 101%.

Leave the caning on the tracks. =)

SMYUEN said:
Haha.. lets stop the caning...

Ash!

I want your car! But is manual leh..... Must have big discount...
wah lau eh... manual you want discount? I would acutally pay to have the car come in manual man... sheesh....

*ash... I want some commission if i help to sell your car ok?* hahaha!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back