Glare - not that glaring anymore

Re: Glare - not that glaring anymore

someone should invent a coat that prevents any form of weather conditions.
I think Glare is suffering from serious QC problem. From the short conversation with CazcomP, they also mentioned that they have customer who switched from Glare to them.

Actually come to think of it, they have been decitful of their marketing. Well, too bad this is not the states where consumers has a bigger voice. If so, I am certain people who had been short-changed of their services will complain and ask for refund.

pirate;243208 said:
someone should invent a coat that prevents any form of weather conditions.
I think Glare is suffering from serious QC problem. From the short conversation with CazcomP, they also mentioned that they have customer who switched from Glare to them.

Actually come to think of it, they have been decitful of their marketing. Well, too bad this is not the states where consumers has a bigger voice. If so, I am certain people who had been short-changed of their services will complain and ask for refund.

Well.... these are "experience" goods and services, only when you put down your money, you will find out the quality of the product.

Anyway, I would suggest you let them clear your swirl marks before you DIY. My previous ride also had terrible swirl marks and it took 2 session to clear them. If your ride is black, Zaino is the best so far. Sure kim kim.... let me know the result. Cheers.

I will update.
Hopfully do a before and after :) picture story. Watch this space.

There are a couple of proposals so far:

SFC-- proposes to strip a thin layer of paint to remove the swirl marks
AMK glare (the good guys) -- say putting a sealent to bond the swirl marks is better
Zanio -- I did not ask them what they will be doing.

Which of these is a safer bet?

I think for Zaino. they will polish till the swirl are down by 80% before they pile the coat on top. A thin clear coat would also do the job but if not done properly, you get dust residue on the paint will be more chia lat.

CazcomP (Zaino) is a groomer for that showroom shine, but no way are they close to Spa4Cars in swirlmarks-removal workmanship. In this case (damage control), you should go to Roy (S4C) and get your swirlmarks removed before deciding on grooming.....

FYI, I have packages with both CazcomP (Millenia Walk) and S4C - one for weekly washing and frequent gloss maintenance, and one for quarterly swirl marks removal.

grommer lah.

hi guys...

just a little info on grooming/detailing products...

A few to mention:-

1. Organic Wax
2. Synthetic Wax
3. Sealant

Organic wax are those contains Carnauba wax. Its the hardest natural wax known, 100% Carnauba block is harder than concrete. It creates amazing depth, richness and lustre.

Synthetic wax are created using polymers, petrol distillates and silicones. Its easier to apply but not necessarily last long. It creates shiny, smooth surface with great reflection.

Sealants are cross-linked polymers, which are sometimes known as PPS. It 'seals' the top layer of the paintwork, giving a glass-like effect on the surface. Unfortunately, these sealants will starve your paintwork, making it look dull and lack-lustre over time (although it may retain some of the gloss).

Nothing will last forever.. Given our harsh weather and acid rains, it makes more sense to regularly groom the car so as to keep it in pristine condition throughout your ownership.

My choice, I use only Zymol products, from the shampoo to the MF cloths... The reason....? Their products contain zero chemicals, abrasives and pretroleum solvents.... all of which will damage the paintwork over a period of time.... And also, their Carnauba content is 10 times the Industry standards... take for eg. Vintage contains 61% rare no.1 white Carnauba by volume, Royale contains 71%.... they're not cheap though... a container of Vintage will set u back at $2,900 and Royale at $11,800. ... But its worth every dollar of it...

But then again, to each his own....

Cheers!

Dezzy;243230 said:
I think for Zaino. they will polish till the swirl are down by 80% before they pile the coat on top. A thin clear coat would also do the job but if not done properly, you get dust residue on the paint will be more chia lat.

Hi Dezzy,

I think when you mention "Zaino", you are actually referring to CazComp/ Car D'Elegance?

Chandra and his team do a great job using Zaino Show Car Polish products in their detailing services. I personally can also attest to this.

As Asia distributor for Zaino, we are very proud of their achievement in Singapore. Now that Zaino is also available at other premium detailing joints, do look out and try them if you like.

Thanks.
Zaino Asia

carsnkars;263092 said:
.... And also, their Carnauba content is 10 times the Industry standards... take for eg. Vintage contains 61% rare no.1 white Carnauba by volume, Royale contains 71%.... they're not cheap though... a container of Vintage will set u back at $2,900 and Royale at $11,800. ... But its worth every dollar of it...

bro, at this high carnuba content, ANY wax will be rendered unusable...

shyan;268309 said:
bro, at this high carnuba content, ANY wax will be rendered unusable...

u mean other wax is useless or it can't be applied onto the car?

If you're referring to the first one, then its like comparing a suzuki and a beemer so to speak.. They both serve the same purpose, transporting. But the difference lies in the quality, speed, stability, safety, emotion and probably, the brand image. Different consumers will have different expectations and preferences. And Zymol caters to those who truly appreciate its value and philosophy, albeit its premium price. And those who have tried zymol, know its advantage over others, will naturally swear by it. But then again, there are consumers who like the look and feeling of sealants, and we can't say that they are wrong to have chosen it. Its up to individual, really.

If you're referring to the second one, let me explain a little.

100% Carnauba block is harder than concrete. And it is expensive too. So to make it applicable onto the paintwork, other manufacturers add in a petrol-chemical solvent called naptha (which is also used in paint-thinner and wood varnishing). The thing that most consumer don't know is, these types of solvent will re-enter your paintwork overtime, making it soft and easily oxidized. So in another words, while the product is producing the shine and 'protecting' the paintwork from environmental hazards, it actually is 'breaking down' the paintwork beneath. Also, due to cost constraints (that's why most grooming products are between $15 to $40 plus range), they only add 5% to 15% ungraded carnauba wax.

The difference with zymol, the use Evergreen Montan Tree oil as a natural solvent to soften the high carnauba content, so as to make it applicable. Zymol wax are actually enzyme at rest, until it is applied on the paintwork and with the air as a catalyst, it turns into wax while blending into your paintwork, without the detrimental effects to it. In fact, zymol contains nutritive oils, not only to protect and produce the deep shine, but also preserving it. And its not just about the high content of carnauba, but also the grades, ie no.1 yellow and rare no.1 white, the latter being the premium and costlier one. The cheapest and lowest zymol wax, Carbon/Creme ($75), contains 37% No.1 yellow and the highest, Solaris (US$30,000), contains 71% rare No.1 White.

Btw, all grooming products will provide water beading, but not necessarily water sheeting. Try and take a look at this vid and you'll know what i mean..

YouTube - Cars n Kars' Client's Car

:cool:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back