Going for a tuning later...

Re: Going for a tuning later...

got witness?

Standard answer for point 3. - trade secret. The dyno shows the result you want. Else what is the point of a dyno.

Point 1. is quite key. Especially for a custom tune......

kenntona;937897 said:
The dyno hardwares are similar shops to shops, but the tuning process varies. You need to know exactly what was done to complement your hardwares. So at this point, you need to know:

(1) what hardwares you have done to complement the tune? "Hardware first, then software" is the rule of thumb. What was installed in your ride before the tune? CAI, headers/DP, decat, exhaust?

(2) what was the tune? Flash, piggy? Some will argue that an ECU tune/flash is always a better alternative to a piggyback as the latter fight with and manipulate input and output signals generated by the ECU and engine sensors. An ECU tune/flash changes parameters and targets in the software code in order to make more power. And it's not just the power number, but the sustainability of the numbers.

(3) what were the parameters changed? AFR? Ignition? Throttle response?

(4) check around against other tuners such as ESS or Powerbox and see if the (a) numbers (b) shape of the torque curves are similar to yours. If similar (a) and (b), then you know it was just a standard tune.

From what I gathered, Mustang Dyno that Monster Tune uses, is the first in Singapore that links up to a LIVE weather station for real time compensation. Doesn't matter when and where you dyno - its always accurate. And Mustang's tend to read lower than other brand dynos like DynoJet, as they impose load using the Eddy Current.

But I guess regardless with or without a happy dyno, no tuners can ever win over the high-expectations of BMW owners here. :lol2:

kenntona;937832 said:
Run 2 is the base reading? How long was the tuning process?

The reason I asked is because most tuners are not precise about the exact gains from the base readings TAKING IN ACCOUNT the other parameters like external temp, humidity and other factors - hence a base dyno done at a specific time, with all the parameters logged will act as a benchmark. The post-dyno numbers will then be "adjusted" with a second set of temp, humidity and other parameters to show the actual gain. The term they used is SAE adjustments.

If run 2 is indeed a base number, your should see other numbers such as correction factors on the runs.

Actually, I am really satisfied with what I got. I'm not so much of a numbers person as long as I can feel a good difference for the money I paid. no point giving me +100hp if I can't feel shit aha

trekman;937994 said:
From what I gathered, Mustang Dyno that Monster Tune uses, is the first in Singapore that links up to a LIVE weather station for real time compensation. Doesn't matter when and where you dyno - its always accurate. And Mustang's tend to read lower than other brand dynos like DynoJet, as they impose load using the Eddy Current.

But I guess regardless with or without a happy dyno, no tuners can ever win over the high-expectations of BMW owners here. :lol2:

don't read my mind le :( no marnee for m3 must zhng like m3 :(

sszone;937915 said:
for the m5 guys: wo ai zhng keen keen siang m5

starchball: wo ai tune ka chiet m3 eh sai boh.....lol

starchball;938025 said:
don't read my mind le :( no marnee for m3 must zhng like m3 :(

time for a good set of Coilover for better cornering.............( BBK ? )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;937778 said:
but after your input probably he might turbo it......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Supercharge maybe ?

SUPAN;938028 said:
Supercharge maybe ?

ARMA.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;938026 said:
time for a good set of Coilover for better cornering.............( BBK ? )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I think he would go for BBK rather then my stock brakes ...

starchball;938064 said:
wahh coilover...any reco?

KW V2 or V3.....
goggle it to read more...............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ah KW! had them on the porsche before. sian.......kenna poison liao.must block this site soon :(

starchball;938079 said:
ah KW! had them on the porsche before. sian.......kenna poison liao.must block this site soon :(

Ohlins???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wah ohlins....i love that... siannn...promised myself to stop after the ecu. anyone played with methanol injector?

starchball;938086 said:
wah ohlins....i love that... siannn...promised myself to stop after the ecu. anyone played with methanol injector?

think there's a 335i owner did that....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sszone;938090 said:
think i need to intro starchball to rainbow man soon.....methanol, whisky, martell injection also can....

Long Island tea! Then car breakdown and all will say bmw lousy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back