Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

JF

Hi guys, I have been reading again (US and Europe esp) re the debates about sticking with RF or switching to normal tyre for BMW cars. There seems to be a fairly even take and good arguments on either sides. One thing is obvious those and that is RR on the whole require higher maintenance (frequency and higher costs).Now that the pop of BMW cars on SG's road has increased considerably I am just wondering as to whether BMW owners here generally make the switch or stick with the OEM RR. And if they have made the switch what were the experiences like overall? Hoping to hear some feedbacks. Thanks and cheers!

Re: Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

I think there has never been a poll on this before .......

Re: Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

Yawn. Not again.

is ur car also lopsided?

left front use RF. right front best to get 60% used tire.

right rear use the spare wheel. left rear better to stick to 20% used RF

What is the FC with this setup? Can PM me?? LOL

totoseow;1081875 said:
left front use RF. right front best to get 60% used tire.

right rear use the spare wheel. left rear better to stick to 20% used RF

My previous car has no spare tyre, RF & i have been driving up & down MY.

If u r not into driving, why care to change out of RF? Somemore, u can drive it till c steel rod.

She's also running abit flat....

View attachment 60977

Amazing. Anti gravity dress. Where to buy??

u dun need one....

Buy for my frens ma.

Hello there maybe I shouldn't have asked the tyre question! Got "punished" I think. One of our 2 BMers had a flat tyre signal lighted up yesterday. Found a nail in the left back tire. Car is 2 yrs odd with some 12K mileage. Being kiasu went down to PML of course. Waited for almost 45 minutes for check to see as to whether the tyre can be repaired. As expected, answer is no and we were quoted a price of some Sgd 640 to change. Also recommended that we change all the other 3 as they are now of some 2 yrs odd age. Wld have cost some Sgd 2600 ++. Thought I think about it and perhaps a chance to go nonflat. But somebody (who drive the car) did not agreed re the switch!! Anyhow I decided to check non agent prices and get a second opinion on potential repairs. Called a shop that is popular with BM drivers in town. Quoted same spec(infact newer model ) at half the price. Good thing is that they told us that they will, firstly, check as to whether it can be repaired and if doable they will just repair it. I caution that it is a RR tyre but they indicated that they have done many such a repair. So off we went. Turned out it was a short nail (lucky) and post review they indicated no change needed and suggested that why don't we just repair and utilise the current well threaded tyre (still) and consider replacing them latter. I read that while mileage can be low , RR needs to be changed on a shorter cycle anyhow (before it gets pretty hard). $20 was the damage (shldnt call it so really!!). Cheers. p.s. no more tyre question from me for now!!

Nobody gets "punished" la. All in your imagination... like the thing that is holding up that dress...

Ts.. change non rf can liao if u dun drive to malaysia. There r many repair kit n air pump floating ard forum. Juz get one if u on non rf. Tried once cos kana nails b4.... dun save on tire also. If its time to change. Pls change it. Life is more impt than tires

OK HONESTLY. if u r gonna b driving in singapore only. normal tires r the way to go. lighter and a better comfy feel and quieter. if u r going up north with family for trips...then RFs will suit u more...safety etc...

Also RF is more expensive, heavier etc

Yes this has been discussed many times before.
Yes prefer NRF tyre anytime for their performance - better roadholding, better braking, less noisy.
Going up North you can always borrow a jack and a spare from your favourite tyre shop. Loss luggage space but enjoy the ride.

Being punished is part and parcel of asking questions which have been asked nth time.

U ask Totoseow whether pss or ps3 enough for 316i, u see what he says...

MW;1082267 said:
Being punished is part and parcel of asking questions which have been asked nth time.

dun even try. ask me F20 good looking car or not.

MW;1082267 said:

If i drive 316 i will use Silverstone tyre, last till scrap car.

Loving my GY Efficient Grip RFTs... So quiet...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IT Experts Solutions Limi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back