Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

Re: Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

Oilman;1082446 said:
Hi seniors... don't mind if I hijack this thread... if I pump nitrogen into my tyres, how do I completely extract the "normal air" first?

Actually no much difference between norm air n nitrogen........ jus carry on and pump norm air lor....

Re: Good old question/debate again? Ranflat or normal tyres (say for 3 and 5 series)

Oilman;1082446 said:
Hi seniors... don't mind if I hijack this thread... if I pump nitrogen into my tyres, how do I completely extract the "normal air" first?
How pure is your nitrogen?

[video=youtube;knHeUF9JLzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knHeUF9JLzg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knHeUF9JLzg[/video]

Oilman;1082446 said:

i wouldn't bother with nitrogen... don't waste your time.

keeping your tyre properly inflated and checking it regularly is more important that putting nitrogen inside then only checking pressure once a year.

Ahemmm... You all ahh... You more senior than oilman meh? Simply answer.

Meek;1082463 said:
Ahemmm... You all ahh... You more senior than oilman meh? Simply answer.

nothing to do with seniority. just providing my opinion. ;)

detach8;1082468 said:
nothing to do with seniority. just providing my opinion. ;)

Oilman;1082446 said:

He asked the seniors only.

Oilman;1082446 said:

Use liquid nitrogen , it will cool down the road whenever you drive.

Love the earth, saving gaia, drive M5!

Meek;1082469 said:
He asked the seniors only.

christopher ngo;1082483 said:
Use liquid nitrogen , it will cool down the road whenever you drive.

Love the earth, saving gaia, drive M5!
LOL!!
(10 char)

Well not sure if this theory applies ...

Just keep pumping pure nitrogen in on a regular basis ... Slowly but surely, the small percentage of carbon dioxide from the leftover air will diffuse out of the rubbers within 1-2 weeks?

But it won't be pure nitrogen too ya as the leftover air will still contain the small percentage of misc gases.

hmm.. pumping pure N2 vs air will always be a topic of hot debate I suppose - in my own circle of friends, some swear by it, saying that the tire pressure remains more stable over time, plus better handling (psychological? lol) Yet there are those who insist that there's really no diff at all. Theoretically speaking, having N2 should result in less pressure changes even with temp changes... but honestly, I think that all these said improvements are marginal... unless i were driving a race car, i personally still prefer the conventional pump.
Bottom line... Still need to be vigilant in checking tire pressure regularly...but use whatever works for u i suppose...;)

If pump helium... Will my tyres go MWuaaahahhahahaaa?

Tires will quack quack ...like a duck
Meek;1082503 said:
If pump helium... Will my tyres go MWuaaahahhahahaaa?

Laughing gas is a another happy alternative ........ aka Nitrous Oxide.

most type of air is better than no air in the tyre.

Nice run flat

\\\\wld be great if care to share your experience when you have made the switch. Tks and cheers! QUOTE=detach8;1082418]My old Bridgestone RFTs tend to tramline quite a bit, same for Michelin RFTs (but michelins were 19"). But the Michelins were WAY comfortable.

Now on Pirelli P7 RFT, also decent but not as comfy as the Michelins and does tramline a little. Will definately go NON RF once these wear off.[/QUOTE]

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IT Experts Solutions Limi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back