GPS placement

Re: GPS placement

Peterpan;649880 said:
Which one is good? I don't like seeing them tearing your dash board apart with rough tools leaving scratches and dent marks after the job.

Thanks .

I like mine. It was done exactly as what i wanted. No scratch marks and dents bcos no need to remove dash board or use rough tools. They only slightly moved three parts: Driver side air bag strip (not removing airbag), driver side electrical circuit board cover and passenger side glove compartment. All these just to connect wiring. I recommend you going to a reputable ICE shop bcos the wiring is best to be neat and tidy. They will use cable tie etc to prevent excess wires from getting loose.

Go get it done. You will like it. Speak to sponsors here, i am sure they can do it.

E90koh;649890 said:
I like mine. It was done exactly as what i wanted. No scratch marks and dents bcos no need to remove dash board or use rough tools. They only slightly moved three parts: Driver side air bag strip (not removing airbag), driver side electrical circuit board cover and passenger side glove compartment. All these just to connect wiring. I recommend you going to a reputable ICE shop bcos the wiring is best to be neat and tidy. They will use cable tie etc to prevent excess wires from getting loose.

Go get it done. You will like it. Speak to sponsors here, i am sure they can do it.

Sounds good, where is the ICE shop?

E90koh;649890 said:

Hi,
Do you mind PM me where you did this installation?
My e60 has no cig lighter socket at the front dashboard and this will be great for me.
Many thanks!

This is a nice corner... didn't want too many gadgets on the windscreen. Wire concealed connected internally.

I got mine done the same as the same shop as gooiee. In about am hour the jobs done. tidy and neat. No electrical issues or damaging the Socket end. I didn't have a female connector to provide the connect option, so they made a connect by soldering to connector end and as well with some wires. Neat like Gooiee, I didn't put the FM live traffic update. figured, I probably won't need it anyway.

Happy and comfy with the placement of GPS. oh btw, they used my driver side power knob to tap for the GPS. nice, no need to run all the way from the arm rest with cig socket. turns on and off like a charm.

E90koh;650075 said:
Is this what you want?

Btw, how to reduce photo size ah? Super gigantic man.

Dd u moved your IU position so that the GPS is not blocking it?

Peterpan;650178 said:
Dd u moved your IU position so that the GPS is not blocking it?

Nope, I didn't shift IU because the Holux brand GPS holder is a three piece joint (2 ways adjustment for X, Y and Z positions). Previously when I was using Gamin, then will need to shift IU.

You have to be sure which viewing position you are comfy with before fixing the wiring. Mine has traffic and GPS cables. :)

What I did was I took a extra piece of my desk black glass and measured the space in front of the idrive screen. Went to a glass shop and got them to cut it up according to my measurements. Did it for RM8 and now I just place any suction device I want. Currently when I need to use the GPS (not up all the time for security purpose) I just plonk it at the front of my idrive thus it's not in a weird location. Will take pics and post when I can.

What do you do with your wires? Quite dangerous to have them dangling actually.

Let me take a pic when I can. Granted it's not going to be as nice as yours but I try not to use my chargers unless absolutely necessary as its not a permanent feature in my car. I only get lost occasionally...ekekeke.

desbimmer;650708 said:
Let me take a pic when I can. Granted it's not going to be as nice as yours but I try not to use my chargers unless absolutely necessary as its not a permanent feature in my car. I only get lost occasionally...ekekeke.

Bro, don't say that lei. :) mine although is neat but the stand is there and obvious to car thefts as one look can tell I have GPS in my car. My countermeasure: stick a lot of newspapers on my windscreens. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back