GPS placement

gooiee

I finally managed to connect my GPS nicely onto the side. All the wires are neatly kept into the side and even the live traffic update wire sits nicely on the top of the A pillar

The best part is, my ciggarrete lighter socket remains there and i have an external 2 port socket with usb installed at the side (see picture). All wires are connected inside

They told me i have an option to have an on/off switch at the extended socket (where the GPS main power is drawing from) if i want but since my e60 switches off the main once i off engine, then i do not need it.

Check out the pictures

hs13b6.jpg

main cig socket remains as is

sghnwn.jpg

GPS unit with 2 wires (power and live update) going neatly into the side

33z6vt1.jpg

external socket with usb

Re: GPS placement

gooiee - i also want. can PM me details where to get this done? Also hope u don't mind if i ask u a few noob questions.

what is a "live traffic update wire"?
what is the purpose of the external socket with USB?

many thanks!

longhorn;529512 said:
gooiee - i also want. can PM me details where to get this done? Also hope u don't mind if i ask u a few noob questions.

what is a "live traffic update wire"?
what is the purpose of the external socket with USB?

many thanks!

PMed you bro and answered your questions.

Dun worry, im more noob than you...............

Bro,
I also want to do that. Can you tell me where, price and how it was done? Btw, what made you decide on a holux and this model instead of garmin and it's range of models? I have been hunting for a long time and still cannot decide which unit to buy. Pls give me your advise.

Cheers.

E90koh;534331 said:
Bro,
I also want to do that. Can you tell me where, price and how it was done? Btw, what made you decide on a holux and this model instead of garmin and it's range of models? I have been hunting for a long time and still cannot decide which unit to buy. Pls give me your advise.

Cheers.

I chose the Holux for the live traffic update which re-routes you in case of major jams
but thats just me...some might not need it

Bro,
Any idea how they tap the wires instead of using power from cig socket? Does ur GPS shut/power off as soon as you off your engine? Or you have to manually turn the GPS off? Did PML comment on this installation? I remember they are always looking out to void warranties.

Do you have any complains using holux so far? Did you get any chance to experience whether the traffic Mgmt works?

Tks!

E90koh;534589 said:
Bro,
Any idea how they tap the wires instead of using power from cig socket? Does ur GPS shut/power off as soon as you off your engine? Or you have to manually turn the GPS off? Did PML comment on this installation? I remember they are always looking out to void warranties.

Do you have any complains using holux so far? Did you get any chance to experience whether the traffic Mgmt works?

Tks!

Bro, it is just a GPS plugged to a cig socket. Same as I would plug into that socket to charge my phone. There is no warranty to void and you do not need to ask PML for opinion.

E90koh;534589 said:
Bro,

Tks!

Bro,
The GPS wire is tapping the electrical wires leading to the cig socket from INSIDE. so thats why you don't see wires dangling around. As for warranty, I have no more warranty with PML, so it doesnt matter (at most anything go wrong, pay money to reset the electronics) - if you have warranty, then yes, they might void your warranty

For shutting down, yes. The moment I off engine, the Holux shuts down

As for Holux, I simply love it and the live traffic update, yes many a times.
It will inform me of the jam status on my route and ask if I would want to re-route. So depending on whether is heavy jam (due to accident) or normal congestion due to peak hour, i sometimes re-route

hi bro
can i check your external socket with USB
is it meant for usb music playing with flash drive?
tks
wat brand is it?

scs88;539503 said:
hi bro
can i check your external socket with USB
is it meant for usb music playing with flash drive?
tks
wat brand is it?

the external socket usb is jsut for charging

e..g charge ur iphone using usb cable

Hi, can you PM me where did you get your GPS done and cost please?

Thanks

Garmin also have the live traffic thingie,got my done the same way,all hide as much as possible haha .....cant load photo....cant show...haizz

Bro, I'm really glad I saw your post. I have been troubled by GPS setup for a long long time.
In fact I'm using the sam Holux too. My Cig power is in centre arm rest console which I have to run an extension (2 x Cig + 2 USB) box to near my gear knob then usb cable to Holux. I don't like it, too many wires runing around & the suction cup don't work well under hot weather......

Where did you get your's installed & how much it cost? Also I didn't know the feature of "live traffic update" in Holux. How did you get it activated?

Oh yah, another question. You mention the USB can charge iPhone. Have you tried? Cause mine don't work so I end up buying a car charge (cig to USB). Extremely messy.

Bro, I LIKE!

Can PM me where you got this done? and also the damage?

gooiee;529508 said:
I finally managed to connect my GPS nicely onto the side. All the wires are neatly kept into the side and even the live traffic update wire sits nicely on the top of the A pillar

The best part is, my ciggarrete lighter socket remains there and i have an external 2 port socket with usb installed at the side (see picture). All wires are connected inside

They told me i have an option to have an on/off switch at the extended socket (where the GPS main power is drawing from) if i want but since my e60 switches off the main once i off engine, then i do not need it.

Check out the pictures

hs13b6.jpg

main cig socket remains as is

sghnwn.jpg

GPS unit with 2 wires (power and live update) going neatly into the side

33z6vt1.jpg

external socket with usb

Bros, many ICE shops do this wiring. It cost me S$50 and it took them less than an hour.

My GPS turns on and off with my car's ignition. Very neat, tidy and clean.

E90koh;649834 said:
Bros, many ICE shops do this wiring. It cost me S$50 and it took them less than an hour.

My GPS turns on and off with my car's ignition. Very neat, tidy and clean.

Which one is good? I don't like seeing them tearing your dash board apart with rough tools leaving scratches and dent marks after the job.

Thanks .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88red
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back