Great White's old clothes...

chickenbackside

Legendary 10 Years
Hi Folks.

The past 3 days have been a joy to me, watching my Barney-mobile, formerly owned by Barney himself (see below) transform as it dresses up in Great White's hand-me-downs. Barney-mobile is wearing Great White's Mtech bodykit and seats (front and back). In a way, Great White Number One's spirit lives on in my car and a few other people's cars.

Barney.jpg

Spending 2 and a half days at BVO have been somewhat tiring but very rewarding. I met many nice people from this very forum (thanks for the coke Azrielsc!), bumped into a long lost friend (TobyNik), whom which I've gone through secondary school and the army with, gotten to know that Young Master David is from Kedah (which is further than Penang) and Yoda Wee, who has the skills and work attitude that would ensure success for any workshop fortunate enough to have him.

Here is a picture summary of the whole process. Hopefully, it'll be of some use for someone.

DAY 1

The Great White Looking neglected and naked, but still wearing nice shoes

SadShark.jpg

One great white looking at another, reminiscing old times

SharkLookAtShark.jpg

Rear Bumper ready to go

RearAtYewLip.jpg

Side skirts ready to go

PaintedSkirts.jpg

Front bumper GETTING ready to go

PolishFrontBumper.jpg

All moldings baking in the oven

MouldingsInOven.jpg

Old rear bumper off

RearBumperOff.jpg

MTech rear bumper on

RearBumperOn.jpg

Old front bumper off

FrontBumperOff.jpg

MTech brake cooling air guides on

AirGuidesOn.jpg

MTech front bumper on

FrontBumperOn.jpg

Aerodynamic plastic piece at the bottom on

BottomPiece.jpg

FSD's screaming "C'mon! Look at me!"

FSD.jpg

bmwf1 was there getting Great White's ARBs installed. Here's a comparison between the stock front ARB and UUC's front ARB.

ARBs.jpg

Old side skirts off

SkirtsOff.jpg

Mtech side skirts on

SkirtsOn.jpg

Chucking in Great White's rear seats

RearSeatsOn.jpg

Art classes didn't teach me sh!t

Art.jpg

END OF DAY 1

Re: Great White's old clothes...

DAY 2

Art professor showing me how to do it with a cigarette in the mouth

RearPlateOn.jpg

Wiring up PDC (took the whole day)

PDC1.jpg

Still at it after 6 hours

PDC2.jpg

Bootlip Spoiler on (damn, forgot to blur out my plate, ah well...)

LipSpoiler.jpg

Important lessons for day 2:

1) Cars that come from the factory with PDC installed cannot have their PDC wiring harnesses removed, hence a new harness has to be bought (S$241.50).

2) Eng Soon sells them as a whole PDC kit but if you want just the harness, you have to order and wait, unless you use your charms to convince the Eng Soon lady that you really need it immediately or it'll be a life or death situation. Then she'll rip out the harness from the PDC kit and sell it to you separately.

3) There are apparently THREE versions of PDC, so you must get the right harness to match your PDC module. No problem if you buy them as a set.

4) PDC module has to be coded before it's functional. Wasted hours trying to figure out how come "boh siah" (no sound) despite OBD saying that it's working.

5) Cigarette in mouth makes for better looking number plates.

DAY 3

Great White makes it's presence felt in Barney-mobile by peeking out

WhiteBits.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't belong. Another great art tip: big ears and dirty nails are necessary.

TouchUp.jpg

After all the hard work put in and hard-earned money put out, the result:

SeatFinal.jpg

Car is actually smiling!

Smiling.jpg

Back.jpg

RearFinal.jpg

FinalFront.jpg

Barney would've been proud.

Hi Bro,

Looking good and modding fast!!
Was nice meeting you and glad all is well now.
Can finally sleep peacefully...

Hi B_73_M. It was great to meet you. Too bad you didn't get to do your things even after turning up 2 days in a row.

Mockngbrd, the word "great" just doesn't go with the word "purple". It's also an overstatement considering there is zero go in the car.

I think "barney-mobile" is certainly more apt. Nice and friendly!

Bro!!

U dam good man!!!! Thanks for the pictures man.......makes my eyes tear alittle......

So happi to see your car 'growing' up & so sad to see mine going.......sigh......

Keep the mod spirit flying high man!!! U'll love your car more & more!!!

Thanks again for being such a sport & a fantastic buyer!!!

'The Great White'

Man CBS great job. You see I really like how you take the time in the process of your MOD. Yo BARNEY is in town and gonna spread the LOVE machine. Cool dude. I can learn a thing or two form you. I feel GUILTY at first in Bringing More Worries to you but now Barnie Means War now. Well done CBS. ibmw. I didnt get the xenon too late someone got it. Waahaaa:(

ibmw! It's all YOUR fault!!!

You are the one who started it all with your iPod link and Eibach/Bilstein combo and telling me the black one parked at my place is a pre FL when I didn't even know that a 320 has a 6-cylinder engine. Why did you have to tell me to go sit in your car when I was happily driving my Merc??? Just record the song and go home lah. Now kena already, die a slow death....

nice mod bro, congrats...

Hi ! chickenbackside.

Nice meeting you at BVO on Monday :)

I voted you the MOD King for Mar 06 :)

You have got the MOD Virus more serious then Bird Flu Virus. Ha Ha :)

Hey adam, nice meeting you at BVO. modding is endless... haha

Anyway, thanks for showing how thin the stock ARB are, it is a must have mod i must say!

nice meeting bmwsilver & B73M, hope your prob will be solved soon!

congrats to CBS, bmwF1 and rest of folks on the latest mods. Looks like you guys will have a ball of a time with these mods. Well, at least The Great White will see bits of his old mods around town now and then (and in good hands). Have fun, folks!!! Me itchy again... damn. u guys .. arggghhh.

baracudax said:
congrats to CBS, bmwF1 and rest of folks on the latest mods. Looks like you guys will have a ball of a time with these mods. Well, at least The Great White will see bits of his old mods around town now and then (and in good hands). Have fun, folks!!! Me itchy again... damn. u guys .. arggghhh.
edwin, modding is endless... hahaha

bmwF1 said:
edwin, modding is endless... hahaha

Yes, dude. You must be really happy with the UUC ARB's. I will prob get mine soon too.

Hi BMWF1,

Glad to see you fitting the ARB. Now you can corner like F1 liao... :)
But Rem to get a good set of tires too!

bmwF1 said:
Hey adam, nice meeting you at BVO. modding is endless... haha

Anyway, thanks for showing how thin the stock ARB are, it is a must have mod i must say!

nice meeting bmwsilver & B73M, hope your prob will be solved soon!

rex7_vtec said:
Very nice chickenbackside!

Always heart wrenching to de-mod a car let alone stand there and watch it strip.....

Wilson, want tissue anot? Kekekeke

It's ok.....i'll try my best not to cry.......I'll be strong.........

'The Great White'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back