Great White's old clothes...

Re: Great White's old clothes...

Thanks for your sympathy Summer.

It's like taking a knife and slowly cutting yourself and watching the blood flow. No, it's actually worse than that.

Worst thing is that, unlike painted rims, even if they can be repaired, it will never be 100% as you can't apply filler and paint to cover up any imperfections. It's forever disfigured.

I'm don't deserve the rims man...

Aiyoh, CBS, so sorry to hear that, just saw yr beautiful rim few days back yah, since it's a 3 pcs rim, one possiblities is to order the particular affected area and get them fix it up.

Not sure abt yrs though, but i was told i'm able to do that for my 18, u check with Autovox.
I guess this shd be yr last resort since this option might not be too viable in financial sense.

OT, i managed to found the OEM leather handbrake after searching high and low, as promised i pass you one of this days if there are no urgency on this.

Thanks Vic. I doubt that will work for polished stainless steel lips though.

Turbo, no hurry, whenever you're going down to BVO again, gimme a call, and I'll get it from you then. I know it's possible to order just the lip part of the rim and replace it, but factoring in the waiting time, the shipping costs, the expertise needed, the labour charges... I might as well get a whole new piece.

I'll really be happy to just have it touched up so that it doesn't look so obvious.

Hi Adam,

Sorry about your rims.. looks terrible.. i bet you wanna hammer away that kerb at that instant..

I may be able to help... If the shop is still there..
But be prepared to "Machine" a couple of mm away to remove the ugly sight.

Let me know ya..

chickenbackside said:

Turbo, no hurry, whenever you're going down to BVO again, gimme a call, and I'll get it from you then. I know it's possible to order just the lip part of the rim and replace it, but factoring in the waiting time, the shipping costs, the expertise needed, the labour charges... I might as well get a whole new piece.

I'll really be happy to just have it touched up so that it doesn't look so obvious.

BTW, if anyone is picking someone up from the Paragon taxi stand, just know that there is a small kerb that's not obvious, and like me, if you're looking out for the person you're picking up, a "KKKKRRRRGGGHHHH" sound will happen.

It's about 10cm high and is purpose-built for destroying the edges of car rims.

Sure.. we meet tuesday lunch time at BVO. I bring you there... cos i have forgotten the address and name of the shop.

chickenbackside said:
Yes! PLEASE help!!

I know the limitations that I'm going to run into, but like I said, I'm happy to just make it not as obvious that I'm an idiot.

Do feel that day la, I too kerb my LHR rims yesterday. Drive around the car park too fast and din see the kerb that was around the corner obsecured by the pillar. So angry man...

Nope.. But its the same techinque i guess..
Why not you try on monday morning and tell them how they go about doing it.. normally, they will remove your tyre, use a CNC machine and "machine" the entire Lip away.. 2-3mm..

If they cant do it, Pm me on tuesday morning to meet okay.

chickenbackside said:

I need to repair my lip too! It's polished aluminium and Yew Lip told me that they cannot repair it.

Anyone has any idea how i can get the lip perfect again? Curbs suck!

chickenbackside said:
RaptureM3, I'm going first thing tomorrow morning and report back to you. Hopefully they can do it and I can post some before and after pics.

Thanks B_73_M, I'll let you know soon!

Great, thanks a lot CBS. Look forward to hearing from you!

chickenbackside said:

Hey Adam, Gd luck to yr repair and will link up with you soon

So sorry to hear bout your rims dude. Its a REAL ALAMAK. I had the same thing when I had my PGII Hamman. Man it suck but you know I had it done with Angie and made it all good and seemless. Hey look at a bright side you got it RUBBED big time now and trust me you will NEVER experience it again after all the blood tears you shed with this. Give me call if you need a shoulder to cry on bro. hehe. Dun worry dude looks brand new in no time... iBMW

Wah....I can share your pain too.
Rub my rims before, only 'virgin' rim is rear left. front left i think it's common due to rear wheel drive and we are seating on the right. sometimes driving too hiong and kiss the kerb. My right side----thanks to a few bottles of wine too....front and back ganna same time...have to even kiwi the tyres to look good again....
I feel your pain, hopefully some shop can trim it off. hopefully it's not too serious that could possible affect the sidewalls and the pressure.

Safe driving!!

P.S. Nice car, nice mod.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Damn sian man. Although my heart pain everytime I look at it, I can't help but to go real close and look at it everytime I walk towards the car. A bit crazy I know. If it's something with a removable outer lip, then it's not so bad. But this one needs major surgery to fix properly. Minor surgery will only yield lousy results. It's just too much, in terms of spending so much money AGAIN, to replace the whole thing...

Knowing your car is forever blemished by a stupid stupid mistake is very "buay song"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogohiephienvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back