• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Group Buy - Replica AC Schnitzer Roof Spoiler

Brothers,

Both Edwin and myself went down to Yew Lip for the installation yesterday (after Rodney). Realised this morning that the 3M tape alone could not hold the roof spoiler onto the rear windscreen. Checked with Edwin and confirmed the same problem. Gotta make a trip down to Yew Lip to rectify situation.

The following thread from E46Fanatics suggests using a glass glue called Betalink. Definitely not tape, as they had suggested.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182378&highlight=roof+spoiler

Simon/Rodney - take note.

Cheers

To ALL who didn't get the ACS Sticker from me,

If you changed your mind and want the ACS sticker, please let me know before 5th of August, I'll be visiting Singapore on the 7th, personal delivery!!! :D

Regards,
Shedden

Shedden, how was your roof spoiler installed? Glue or tape?

Looks like I'll be taking another trip down there this Saturday morning. Thanks for the warning Ken..

Cheers

kenntona said:
Brothers,

Both Edwin and myself went down to Yew Lip for the installation yesterday (after Rodney). Realised this morning that the 3M tape alone could not hold the roof spoiler onto the rear windscreen. Checked with Edwin and confirmed the same problem. Gotta make a trip down to Yew Lip to rectify situation.

The following thread from E46Fanatics suggests using a glass glue called Betalink. Definitely not tape, as they had suggested.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182378&highlight=roof+spoiler

Bro

Thanks for the info......

If Betalink or Glass Glue is needed, I may pass on this mod cos I am afraid I may get sick of the spoiler and those stuff (adhesive) mentioned will be quite a bitch to remove. :verysad:

I stress it's just me and my thoughts cos I still think the roof spoiler is very nice and chio :drool:

So, it's official......anyone wants my roof spoiler, please let me know. Price: S$ 100.00

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Cheers

kenntona said:
Shedden, how was your roof spoiler installed? Glue or tape?

Guys,

Please tell your installer to use silicon glue, those used to install windscreens, only these will be able to hold it down, even the original ACS roof spoilers come with the silicon glue. Only use 3M tapes at the sides, the middle use silicon glue.

Don't worry about dismantling the spoiler, as there is a silicon remover, something like thinner, that can remove all the silicon if you eventually feel like stripping it off from your car.

Thanks!

Regards,
Shedden

Update: Just got back from Yew Lip. Solutions to the issues pertaining to the installation of the roof spoiler:

(1) The arch of the spoiler does not adhere perfectly to the rear windscreen, even for the real Schnitzer stuff. Thus tendency is for the spoiler to warp back to its original shape. Either end tends to level off the surface. This is solved by applying a layer of silicon on the groove of the spoiler to adhere to the rubber trim of the rear windscreen. Using silicon (and not glue), the process is reversible. You can still peel the spoiler off later. The silicon will not rip the rubber trim off.

(2) The main body of the spoiler is not evenly attached to the windscreen. Applying one layer of 3M tape does not solve the problem - (1) the contact surface is less than 100%; (2) aesthetically, the gap between the spoiler and the windscreen is visibly uneven. The solution is to apply two more layers of 3M tape. This increases the contact surface given the added cushion, and increases the gap between the spoiler and windscreen by 2 mm. A side benefit is that the gap now looks more even.

The set up was rectified with the 2 points mentioned. Now my roof spoiler feels more secured with added layers of 3M tapes and silicon glue. For S$100 plus $120 installation, I am happy with it.

wat if it drops while u are driving along some highway??... :laughing:

If you try to pry it with your bare hands, it will require some force to rip the entire spoiler off. This happened before my eyes when Yew Lip ripped out the spoiler and re-glue/re-tape the spoiler again. It takes quite some force to remove it.

kenntona said:
If you try to pry it with your bare hands, it will require some force to rip the entire spoiler off. This happened before my eyes when Yew Lip ripped out the spoiler and re-glue/re-tape the spoiler again. It takes quite some force to remove it.
So how long did this whole new process take?

15 minutes max.

kenntona said:
Update: Just got back from Yew Lip. Solutions to the issues pertaining to the installation of the roof spoiler:

(1) The arch of the spoiler does not adhere perfectly to the rear windscreen, even for the real Schnitzer stuff. Thus tendency is for the spoiler to warp back to its original shape. Either end tends to level off the surface. This is solved by applying a layer of silicon on the groove of the spoiler to adhere to the rubber trim of the rear windscreen. Using silicon (and not glue), the process is reversible. You can still peel the spoiler off later. The silicon will not rip the rubber trim off.

(2) The main body of the spoiler is not evenly attached to the windscreen. Applying one layer of 3M tape does not solve the problem - (1) the contact surface is less than 100%; (2) aesthetically, the gap between the spoiler and the windscreen is visibly uneven. The solution is to apply two more layers of 3M tape. This increases the contact surface given the added cushion, and increases the gap between the spoiler and windscreen by 2 mm. A side benefit is that the gap now looks more even.

The set up was rectified with the 2 points mentioned. Now my roof spoiler feels more secured with added layers of 3M tapes and silicon glue. For S$100 plus $120 installation, I am happy with it.
Hi Shedden, do you have this roof spoiler for e39? Do advise. Mac

super2ndgen said:
To ALL who didn't get the ACS Sticker from me,

If you changed your mind and want the ACS sticker, please let me know before 5th of August, I'll be visiting Singapore on the 7th, personal delivery!!! :D

Regards,
Shedden
Hi Shedden, do you carry any the roof spoiler for e39s? Ken, sorry posted sala.

Hey Rod

Can post pix of the spoiler, please?

Haven't got time to go to Angie for the installation.

Thanks!

Hi TobyNik,

Sorry for the late reply as I had to get the spolier re-installed again. And just like what Ken had said, the spolier feels much more secured now after using both silicon and double-sided tape. There's no fear of it ever falling or flying off. With this second method of installation, there won't be too much difficulty whatsoever in removing in future. Don't worry..just go ahead and get it sprayed and installed. You won't regret it.

Cheers

:thumbsup:

rodders said:
Hey Rod

Can post pix of the spoiler, please?

Haven't got time to go to Angie for the installation.

Thanks!

Hi TobyNik,

Sorry for the late reply as I had to get the spolier re-installed again. And just like what Ken had said, the spolier feels much more secured now after using both silicon and double-sided tape. There's no fear of it ever falling or flying off. With this second method of installation, there won't be too much difficulty whatsoever in removing in future. Don't worry..just go ahead and get it sprayed and installed. You won't regret it.

Cheers

Thanks, dude!

Anyone still interested in the ACS Roof Spoiler?

hi Guys,

Anyone still interested in the ACS Roof Spoiler? Let me know ok? I'm gonna visit SG this saturday, so I can bring it down for you guys.

Regards,
Shedden

AC Boy said:

Hi Mac,

YES!!! I have the ACS roof spoiler for the E39, it's just a fraction more than the E46, RM240 only without ACS original logo. So for those who are interested, can start ordering from me already! Thanks.

Regards,
Shedden

super2ndgen said:
AC Boy said:

Hi Mac,

YES!!! I have the ACS roof spoiler for the E39, it's just a fraction more than the E46, RM240 only without ACS original logo. So for those who are interested, can start ordering from me already! Thanks.

Regards,
Shedden
Hey Shedden, confirm 1 pc & when you say w/o the original logo, meaning theres a 'lobang' where I can paste the logo on myself, i/e like Kenneth & Simon has? You can reach me at 9621 9248 & what time will you be in town? :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back